PDA

View Full Version : A perfect example. [spoilers]

De Filosoof
11-09-2012, 08:53 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120521215255/assassinscreed/images/8/86/Glyph_2-3.jpg

So, where was this mentioned in AC3?
Did they forget about the glyph puzzles?

Please discuss.
Feel free to discuss other story ****-ups like totally forgetting ACB's truth etc...

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Listen to the Desmond Conversations near the end. Rebecca and Shaun talk about this specifically..

De Filosoof
11-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Listen to the Desmond Conversations near the end. Rebecca and Shaun talk about this specifically..

Missed it. Can you send me a PM with the stuff they basically said?

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Missed it. Can you send me a PM with the stuff they basically said?
Sure..

I`ll get you a video of the conversation..

AdrianJacek
11-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Hey, look at the date. :P Also - haven't you noticed anything... odd about KIng Washington's royal sceptre?http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/10/ac3.jpg

ACfan443
11-09-2012, 09:01 PM
There's so many loose threads they could have elaborated on in AC3. It's annoying that the few they did, were very minimal and done so through conversation or Shaun's emails. Others left out entirely.

De Filosoof
11-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Hey, look at the date. :P Also - haven't you noticed anything... odd about KIng Washington's royal sceptre?http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/10/ac3.jpg

Yeah, but they said the DLC will be non-canon so it could even be George Washington riding a pink pony with zombies chasing him. It doesn't matter.

De Filosoof
11-09-2012, 09:06 PM
There's so many loose threads they could have elaborated on in AC3. It's annoying that the few they did, were very minimal and done so through conversation or Shaun's emails. Others left out entirely.

Yeah, i guess that's why they said it would be the perfect instalment for newcomers to jump in because they almost left out all the complex and deeper stuff entirely.

Well, it's a fitting sacrifice if you want to apeal to a bigger audience.

AdrianJacek
11-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Yeah, but they said the DLC will be non-canon so it could even be George Washington riding a pink pony with zombies chasing him. It doesn't matter.

It would if Pinkie Pie and Zombie Ponies were created by Those who came before. :P

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I think you`re problem is not whether or not the story behind these was explained, but rather the way it was explained..

De Filosoof
11-09-2012, 09:13 PM
I think you`re problem is not whether or not the story behind these was explained, but rather the way it was explained..

Yeah, it feels like very "lazy" storywriting.

It also feels like they're taking a huge dump on their day 1 fans to make room for new people.
I'm not saying they do, but it sure feels like it.

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah, it feels like very "lazy" storywriting.
That`s rather Subjective, Really..

Because Its a Presentation and not Writing. As far as we know, the writer might`v had nothing to do with how that piece of Information was explained..

De Filosoof
11-09-2012, 09:20 PM
That`s rather Subjective, Really..

Because Its a Presentation and not Writing. As far as we know, the writer might`v had nothing to do with how that piece of Information was explained..

True. It's far more complex with such a huge team.
But you know what i mean.

hyatari
11-09-2012, 09:22 PM
That`s rather Subjective, Really.

I love this stock, passive aggressive phrase of yours. Hey, why don't you ask him to put 'in my opinion' after each comment, just in case people don't realise...

Facepalm.

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 09:26 PM
I love this stock, passive aggressive phrase of yours. Hey, why don't you ask him to put 'in my opinion' after each comment, just in case people don't realise...

Facepalm.
Except that he managed to explain himself right afterwards.

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Except that he managed to explain himself right afterwards.
Mate, I`m Ignoring Hyatari for a reason...

He was not even a part of this conversation and yet decides to rudely poke his nose...

hyatari
11-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I do not need your permission to comment on anything. I know you think this forum revolves around you, but alas, not.

RandomRansom
11-09-2012, 10:33 PM
So, where was this mentioned in AC3?
Did they forget about the glyph puzzles?

Please discuss.
Feel free to discuss other story ****-ups like totally forgetting ACB's truth etc...

Just because you can't think of a creative reason why the game designers didn't overtly and explicitly explain why this, that, or the other thing happened the way it did doesn't mean there isn't one. The rest of us who figured it out (or at least came up with an awesomely creative plot filler) will just find more enjoyment out of the game series. And, as has been pointed out, this one was explained... unnecessarily, at that. What's the last date you play as Conner again? What's the date in the image? Yeah, so he could have gotten the apple at any point during the time in between. Not to mention, just because they don't show that he has something doesn't mean he is without said object. Maybe he already had it, but didn't know how to use it yet or it just didn't show him using it. See... so many creative ways to explain this one away...