PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of the lock (aim)?

BATISTABUS
11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
In previous games, the use of the lock was clear; that's how you entered combat. In AC3, the game automatically highlights the person closest to the middle of your screen. If you press the lock it zooms in slightly, but seems to serve no other purpose. If you zoom in to an enemy (by habit or to select someone) and then kill them, the screen stays zoomed so you have to manually un-zoom. For me, this just seems obsolete with the new fight mechanics. It's not like you can auto-aim ranged weapons anyway. Am I missing something? As far as I can tell, this feature only makes running through a field look more intense. :p

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 08:12 PM
If you get close enough for someone to become highlighted, auto-aim is already set; just need to tap the fire button once to do so. Also, there's no such thing as battle lock on for this game. The reticle is nothing more than for you to target enemies much further away.

Powawolf
11-09-2012, 09:31 PM
It make Free-running cooler.

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 09:33 PM
It make Free-running cooler.
Gears of War + Assassin's Creed? Cool. I didn't even know you can do that.

InfamousQ1987
11-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Gears of War + Assassin's Creed? Cool. I didn't even know you can do that.More like Batman + Assassin's Creed ;P I love this game !!!

natek_morzy
11-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah. It didn't auto-aim like this in ACB. Honestly it pisses me off, it makes it way to ****ing easy and takes the skill that you once needed for ACB.

HSCOnyxAssassin
11-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Yeah. It didn't auto-aim like this in ACB. Honestly it pisses me off, it makes it way to ****ing easy and takes the skill that you once needed for ACB.

Lol because the game that introduced chain kills required SO MUCH skill. Also, how did having to lock onto a target make combat more challenging. It's not like you had to go for a headshot. Just pull LT and snap the stick towards em. No prob.

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Lol because the game that introduced chain kills required SO MUCH skill. Also, how did having to lock onto a target make combat more challenging. It's not like you had to go for a headshot. Just pull LT and snap the stick towards em. No prob.
Having to lock on to enter combat in past games always felt clunky to me. Wrestling with the controls is not legitimate challenge, I feel.

LightRey
11-09-2012, 11:59 PM
it's for accuracy and some specific things in (side-)missions.