PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Frontiersman Quest - Unidentified Flying Object Glitch

Superunknown_
11-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Everyone be warned. If you start a sidequest make sure you finish it before you turn the game off. I started the Frontiersman quest UFO in Boston and had to shut down my game. When i returned to play the clue markers were gone and now i am no longer able to do ANY frontiersman missions. It shows the map marker for the missions but when you enter the pubs you can do nothing but play the pub games. I've tried quitting and exiting the game through the menu, shutting down the xbox. I even did the next main storyline and it still wont work. Do i restart the game at 55% complete and forget those missions? Nope. What a pisser.

Gianavel
11-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Have you tried restarting the memory from the DNA tracker in the Animus?

Superunknown_
11-10-2012, 02:43 AM
No i didnt see that option. I think you can only do that if your on a main story mission because it doesnt even show up on the menu screen.

KiriChan
11-10-2012, 02:53 AM
I have the same issue.

Allspark78
11-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I have spent a total of 38 hours so far playing this game and i am 84% complete, however for the Frontiersman Challenge solve the mystery of the UFO I believe this aspect to have a glitch. I know from posted videos the location of the UFO however it is not there, there are no clues and no green circle. I have spoken to everyone I believe to be frontiersman in Boston but still no luck. Anybody got any suggestions? I really need this to be resolved.

Death_Angel733
11-11-2012, 01:09 PM
The clues are on top of a tree for those who do not know. it's not located at ground level. If that doesn't solve your problem, I don't know what will but a patch.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Hi guys, please ensure you post this here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720981-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Bugs-and-Issues-Thread-*Possible-Spoilers*

killingjoke87
12-16-2012, 06:55 PM
I can't believe this still isn't fixed...

Pureblade
12-17-2012, 12:04 AM
I am also having this issue. It is the only thing preventing me from getting 100% on the game. I logged a support ticket for it and they just sent me a canned response about fixing game freezing which has nothing to do with my issue.

TheFirstEvil28
02-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Looks like there won't be a patch for this anytime soon. Lots of threads on this bug, and no response from any ubisoft staff. Thanks Ubisoft.

TheFirstEvil28
03-01-2013, 02:46 AM
Finally got a response from ubisoft.custhelp.com. This is in regards to my problem with the UFO glitch:

Response Rion H. via Email

sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for reporting this issue. I will be forwarded this issue up to the development team for further review. That is all I can do at this time, as we have no further information.

If any additional information becomes available, it will be detailed on the game's official forum at http://forums.ubi.com and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com).

So at least there is one complaint given to the development team. Perhaps they will look at it and possibly fix it. Perhaps we need more complaints. What I suggest is that everyone that has the UFO glitch preventing 100% completion (or any other glitch preventing it) send in a ticket at http://support.ubisoft.com. Maybe if we get enough complaints, they will finally do something about this.

When you got to http://support.ubisoft.com, Click on the 'my questions' link. There you can enter your problem. When you do enter in your complaint, you will most likely be given an automated response to look at some previous questions asked, none of which will address anything close to our problem. If you go to 'my question history' you can review your question and add additional information. Do this saying the automated response did not fix your problem, making sure to select "Yes, please respond to my question." Hopefully after all of this, you will get an e-mail response like the one I got before. Like I said before, if ubisoft gets enough of these, maybe, just maybe they will fix these glitches.

brudanos
03-01-2013, 06:29 PM
I've reached out to Ubisoft several times and their response has been that the issue is known and they are investigating. Not until recently did I get this response:

"Response Via Email (Chad H.)02/27/2013 06:54 PM
Hello ,

This issues seems to be related to a data corruption. In most cases, the corrupted file is your actual save data.

Your best option at this point is to try deleting your game data and reinstall.

While on the main Playstation Menu, scroll to the Game folder. From there, access the Game Data Utility.

Find the data for Assassin's Creed 3 and delete it. Be aware that this will not delete your save data. Please note that this folder only includes install, update, and DLC content. Save files ARE NOT stored in this folder.

After doing this, try launching the game again and see if you run into the same problem.

If so, then unfortunately it is in-fact a savegame file corruption. There is no way for us to directly resolve this. You will need to start a new game.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know and we will be glad to help."

I tried this and it did not work, not only that, i'm at 99% I don't want to spend another 40 hrs completing everything again. I have read on other blogs that even people that have tried again still run into the same problem. I am going to write to them again but it is concerning that they give different responses to each person who writes and no real solution is given. with som any people with the same issues it is definitely a glitch and not just my corrupt save file.

montagemik
03-01-2013, 06:42 PM
I've reached out to Ubisoft several times and their response has been that the issue is known and they are investigating. Not until recently did I get this response:

Hello ,

This issues seems to be related to a data corruption. In most cases, the corrupted file is your actual save data.

While on the main Playstation Menu, scroll to the Game folder. From there, access the Game Data Utility.

Find the data for Assassin's Creed 3 and delete it. Be aware that this will not delete your save data. Please note that this folder only includes install, update, and DLC content. Save files ARE NOT stored in this folder.

After doing this, try launching the game again and see if you run into the same problem.

If so, then unfortunately it is in-fact a savegame file corruption. There is no way for us to directly resolve this. You will need to start a new game.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know and we will be glad to help."

I tried this and it did not work, not only that, i'm at 99% I don't want to spend another 40 hrs completing everything again. I have read on other blogs that even people that have tried again still run into the same problem. I am going to write to them again but it is concerning that they give different responses to each person who writes and no real solution is given. with som any people with the same issues it is definitely a glitch and not just my corrupt save file.

Wouldn't you only NEED to complete Frontiersman challenges for your final trophy to Unlock ??
You may not have a 100% save game file in the end , but you'd at least get all your trophies .

Rather than report for months , i would've just replayed the 30+ hours in the last 4 months for another 100% gamesave file . (already 100% it twice anyway)
& having done it before , it won't take 'as long' next time around cause you now know how to complete the missions from the start off.

Ubisoft gave you your answer , the same i'm sure many others may have suggested weeks ago. The choice is yours . No quick fix sorry

TheFirstEvil28
03-01-2013, 07:38 PM

Hello ,

I will try this out tonight and see if it works. If it doesn't I will try another campaign with a different save file and see if I get the same issue. Will update with results.

grasman666
03-01-2013, 08:13 PM
im having a simular glitch i think i need to kill an enemy with all types of weapons and i killed with every weapon in game but the quest remains unsolved....any ideas??

TheFirstEvil28
03-02-2013, 03:49 PM
im having a simular glitch i think i need to kill an enemy with all types of weapons and i killed with every weapon in game but the quest remains unsolved....any ideas??

I don't know if this may be your problem, but make sure you kill someone with trip mines and poison darts. Those I always seem to put on the back burner.

montagemik
03-02-2013, 04:21 PM

you only need to kill with EVERY WEAPON TYPE - NOT Every single weapon .
Hidden blades
Small weapon ( Any knife or tomahawk )
Normal weapon ( Any sword )
Heavy weapon ( Any large Axe )
Blunt weapon ( Any War club ) i personally threw mine at enemies , but don't think method matters.
Any PISTOL
A Musket rifle
The Bow - Rope Dart - Poison Darts - & Trip mine.

TheFirstEvil28
03-02-2013, 11:12 PM

Hello ,

So I tried this, and I still have the problem, same as you. I really find it hard to believe that if this is a save data problem that there is no way Ubisoft can fix this. If there are so many people having this problem, I would think it is a problem with the game itself and not just coincidence all of our save datas are being corrupted. I guess we just have to keep bugging them. Maybe they can fix the mistake they made in their own game.

Monta: For the completionist trophy, you need 100% on your game save. Maybe you can just send me your game save file. I don't want to go though the same glitch again.

Cloud-xviii
03-17-2013, 01:34 AM
Having the same problem :confused:

montagemik
03-17-2013, 02:40 AM
So I tried this, and I still have the problem, same as you. I really find it hard to believe that if this is a save data problem that there is no way Ubisoft can fix this. If there are so many people having this problem, I would think it is a problem with the game itself and not just coincidence all of our save datas are being corrupted. I guess we just have to keep bugging them. Maybe they can fix the mistake they made in their own game.

Monta: For the completionist trophy, you need 100% on your game save. Maybe you can just send me your game save file. I don't want to go though the same glitch again.

You're not doing what the nice man from Ubisoft suggested = Delete the 'corrupted' game Save file from your hard drive & Start a New gamesave after installation again .
It's unfortunate if you don't want to ...........but that's likely going to be your only option for your platinum trophy..

Seems highly likely a fault in gamecode allowed a Glitch that caused gameSave data to be corrupted while saving ............ Most if not All common glitches have been resolved in patch updates.
The patch updates fix game data errors & prevent the glitches happening again in future play. But the patches won't / Can't magically fix a corrupted GameSave file .

Replay the game or request a Fix for the next 6 months ............ then around mid October , realise their focus has moved on to AC4 & not into fixing every error in AC3 .

NileLivesey
07-13-2013, 04:04 PM
I created an account just to post in this thread. I'm having the same issue. it's pathetic how this problem was reported in December 2012, and it's July 2013 without a resolution. When did Ubisoft become THQ?

Sushiglutton
07-13-2013, 04:41 PM
I created an account just to post in this thread. I'm having the same issue. it's pathetic how this problem was reported in December 2012, and it's July 2013 without a resolution. When did Ubisoft become THQ?

Go on with your life. Get married, have kids forget about this bug in one of the side missions of a game released in 2012 :nonchalance:.

Miahztwin
12-16-2013, 11:21 PM

I just started playing this game again because I wanted to plat this trophy...only to find out that this thing is bugged and has to be replayed lmao
Im not doing all of that crap again. Why make a game that wants %100 EVERYTHING when they can't have %100 of the game working. Last time I take a Assassins game serious. Never knew games could have so many bugs especially when its not even a MMO. Ubisoft, hurry up and just PATCH THIS already.
If only i read this thread before even attempting the plat trophy

MnemonicSyntax
12-17-2013, 12:02 AM
They won't patch AC3.

adventurewomen
12-17-2013, 12:04 AM
They won't patch AC3.
Agreed too late to patch AC3, I dislike to throw a euphemism but in this case it's needed: "That Ship Has Sailed For AC3.."