PDA

View Full Version : 1st DoC World Championship - DreamHack 2012

Aza404
11-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Dear Champions,

We are proud and pleased to present the very first Duel of Champions World Tournament that will end at the DreamHack in Sweden!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/UK/DOC_WC_DH_2012.jpg

Thanks to our friends at Razer, not only will we be flying the 4 finalists over for the semi-finals and finals, but we will also be rewarding these finalists with some great Razer gear!

So sign up now for a place in the tournament, and if you can’t take a few days off to go to Sweden, do not worry as we will also be hosting on-line semi-finals and finals.
Here are the rewards:

For the 4 finalists going to Sweden:

A free trip to the DreamHack, generously sponsored by Razer
1st place: 1 000 000 Gold, a complete set of Razer equipment (Headset, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousemat and T-shirt) and the title of DoC World Champion!
2nd place: 500 000 Gold and Razer goodies
3rd place: 250 000 Gold
For the 4 finalists of the On-Line semi-finals and finals:

1st place: 500 000 Gold
2nd place: 300 000 Gold
3rd place: 150 000 Gold
Interested?

Then go and >>enter here<< (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/724608). If you are selected for the championship, you will be contacted soon with the details to your championship account. Applications end on Tuesday 13th at midnight. Hopefully we can start the qualifying duels on Thursday 15th.

Make sure you are free on the week-end of the DreamHack (23, 24 and 24 of November) and that you have enough time to take part in the preliminary matches before applying for a spot in the tournament! Also, please check the forum on a regular basis during the tournament period for all the latest news and information.

Please find all the rules to the championship >>here<< (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/724605) and use this thread for any question concerning the tournament.

Enjoy,
Aza404 and the DoC Team

Ch3rryAC
11-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Participants will then be sent the account name and password to the new accounts provided for the tournament. These accounts include 3 booster packs and players are not allowed to compete, do the campaign or buy any extra gold or packs on this account: any player who does this will be disqualified instantly.
Does it mean we must compete with default decks only (Inferno, Necropolis, Haven)?
As 3 booster packs are not enough to create Stronghold deck...

Aza404
11-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Does it mean we must compete with default decks only (Inferno, Necropolis, Haven)?
As 3 booster packs are not enough to create Stronghold deck...

Yes absolutely. Only the 3 starting factions will be available.

Ch3rryAC
11-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Yes absolutely. Only the 3 starting factions will be available.
Next question: Can we use cards from given 3 booster packs to improve starting decks? Or no modifications are allowed? Also, can we Duel AI in Practice Mode?

C4r-n4ge
11-08-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't understand...

Does it mean that the first stage of DreamHack Championships is online and then you will sponsor the flight to Sweden for the 4 online finalists ???

r3tsa
11-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I think those two are separate events, but yes i would also like to hear clarification about it.

Ch3rryAC
11-08-2012, 08:49 PM
In my opinion Top8 Players are chosen.

Top4 goes to Dreamhack, if one of then can't go, he is replaced by someone from 5th-8th places.

4 players who DO NOT go to Dreamhack plays in Online Finals.

Aza404
11-09-2012, 12:38 AM
In my opinion Top8 Players are chosen.

Top4 goes to Dreamhack, if one of then can't go, he is replaced by someone from 5th-8th places.

4 players who DO NOT go to Dreamhack plays in Online Finals.

Exactlly!
The qualifying phase is the same for everyone: the duels are done online, via the "practice against friends mode" (just like the current Polish tournament) the the top 4 are sent to Sueden and the 4 runners-up are given another set of on-line duels.

Can we use cards from given 3 booster packs to improve starting decks? Or no modifications are allowed? Also, can we Duel AI in Practice Mode?

Yes and yes.
Yes you can open the 3 booster packs you will be given with your specific championship account.
Yes you can practice against the AI with the card you have (starter deck plus any card you've got in the 3 booster packs).

elkondziorre
11-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Previously online only tournament and Sweden tournament were announced. Now it is one announcement and it is mixed, right?

So if I want to participate in online tournament only I register for this tournament? Or should I wait for another announcement for online only, because these are qualifications for Sweden tournament only?

Aza404
11-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Here is a small pic that should help clear any misunderstanding:

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/UK/DH_WC_explanation.png

leonid1995927
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
What if the players don't want to leave their home and family to go to Sweden?

Aza404
11-09-2012, 02:16 PM
What if the players don't want to leave their home and family to go to Sweden?

Then we send one of the runners-up instead and the player who does not want to go can compete in the online semi-finals and finals.

leonid1995927
11-09-2012, 04:50 PM
-nods approvingly-

Aza404
11-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Update: Applications end on Tuesday 13th at midnight. Hopefully we can start the qualifying duels on Thursday 15th.

Kameliasz
11-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi, there is some issue I want to resolve.

So here's a deal. For Duel of Champions I use an account my father made, with his date of birth. Since then, he has forgotten about it, and the only person that uses it is me. This one - Kameliasz - has actually become inactive. I used only the dad's one - bazaltovy, with all the information changed from his to mine - except for the date of birth, because the changing procedure is quite tricky.
I want to participate in World Championship using dad's (now fully mine) account for an obvious reason - if I'll win, I'd like to have the prize Gold on an account that I use to play DoC.

So, the conclusion: Is that wrong date of birth a problem? Do I have to change it? Or maybe can I use Kameliasz and, assuming me getting the prize Gold, receive it on bazaltovy account?

Please, respond quickly.

Best regards,
bazaltovy a.k.a. Kameliasz

Mikesak1983
11-10-2012, 07:08 PM
if I win some adwords, especialy gold, i get it on a new accound for this tornament otr my old accound?

Aza404
11-12-2012, 10:12 AM
@Kameliasz: we provide every participant with a special account for the tournament (make sure you read the rules properly). If you win we will send the reward to the account of your choice :)
Please bear in mind though that we can only bring adults to Sweden for legal reasons. So if you are under 18 and get to the semi-finals and finals, you can only take part in the on-line part of the tournament.

@Mikesak1983: As said above, you can choose what account we send the gold to.

Also guys, if possible, please add a 3rd piece of information in your inscription post (click the edit button on your original post): please tell us now if you will be available to go to Sweden or if you'll be participating in the on-line semi-finals and finals (if you get that far in the Championship).

Best,
Aza

Kameliasz
11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Alright then, thanks for the answer :)

Faulesai
11-14-2012, 01:04 AM
I just saw that it seems we are only a couple of participants short of the 128 mark, which I guess will be needed for proper elimination mode. So it could be that there will only be 64 contestants chosen for the qualification (at least that seems the most obvious.). BUT I would like to ask for a 128 contestant mode with maybe a couple of free wins in the first round...I think most of us really want to give it a try and this way everyone can try her/his best. Just saying this before the official tournament mode is out, just for your consideration.

Pjovejas
11-14-2012, 08:00 AM
please tell us now if you will be available to go to Sweden or if you'll be participating in the on-line semi-finals and finals (if you get that far in the Championship).

Best,
Aza

I have a question. I think that I could go to Sweden on the date mentioned. But there is a very small posibility that it may change and I'll not have such a psosibility. I would like to say that I can go to Sweden, but in worst case I would like to get... let's say "penalty" or something. In other words what would be wrong if the plans will change?

Aza404
11-14-2012, 10:40 AM
@Faulesai: right now we only need 4 more players. We should have the 128 players needed by tonight, but in case we don't I'll have a few auto-wins in the first part :)

@Pjovejas: I'm not really sure what you're asking... but in any case, the last duels should take place on Tuesday, so you'll know by Wednesday if you get to go or not. I know it's very short notice but we had to postpone this event for quite a long time in order to get the deal just right with our friends at Razer.

Hope this helps,
Aza

Aza404
11-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Dear players,

If you have entered the Championship, you will now have received your account details.

Please send me a personal message on the forum if this is not the case!

You can now choose your faction (necro, inferno or haven) and open you 3 boosters. Remember that buying more cards, playing the campaign, playing ranked duels or daily tournaments (with the Championship account) will get you banned from the Championship.

The 1 list of duels will be posted tomorrow morning so don't forget to check the forum on a daily basis. Also, please sue the chat here during the whole event: http://www.mmdoc.net/chat/ (http://www.mmdoc.net/chat/)

Best,
Aza

DjTechShadow
11-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Can we play in practice mode vs computer in the championship account ?

Aza404
11-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Can we play in practice mode vs computer in the championship account ?

Yes you can ;)

Ipwnfour
11-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Could you please allow us to do the campaign (and use the rewards from it), or give us more booster packs? Otherwise this will be the World Championship of LUCK. :(

It's no argument that others get $hitty cards' too, because there will be some players who (do) get great cards, while others don't. It would be nice to have a little more chance to get at least 1 good card and this could be done with more booster packs. Anyway, it would be most fair if everyone would have acces to the same cards.

Aza404
11-14-2012, 08:28 PM
@Ipwnfour: I understand your point of view, but this will just increase dramatically the role played by luck. If we let people play the campaign it will only mean those with more luck will have a bigger chance of getting good cards whereas those with non will still be left with just a starter pack.
The best way to make sure you're all on the closest level possible is by limiting all participants to this one faction starter pack and the 3 basic boosters.

Luck will always be a factor, but allowing people to do the campaign will just increase the gap between lucky and unlucky players.

Best,
Aza

Blastofek
11-14-2012, 09:24 PM
I feel terribly :( I was late by 3 long days to sing up... Ehh I love competition and I missed it.
I think there will be more Championships like this one in near future (?)

C4r-n4ge
11-15-2012, 02:42 AM
Could you please allow us to do the campaign (and use the rewards from it), or give us more booster packs? Otherwise this will be the World Championship of LUCK. :(

It's no argument that others get $hitty cards' too, because there will be some players who (do) get great cards, while others don't. It would be nice to have a little more chance to get at least 1 good card and this could be done with more booster packs. Anyway, it would be most fair if everyone would have acces to the same cards.

These ARE the Championships of LUCK. The best cards in booster packs will decide the victory. I think that we all should play on our own accounts. But I understant the reason why it is decided to even the chances. It's beacuse the game needs new players.... That's why I think there should be 2 tournaments.
As for now best postions in ranking or best players are not rewarded in any way (except their own satisfaction). They have most cards they need already so playing just for winning more gold or seals is pointless. I think devs should think both ways - how to gain more new players and how keep veterans in the game.

kaeldur
11-15-2012, 05:20 AM
Dear players,

If you have entered the Championship, you will now have received your account details.

Please send me a personal message on the forum if this is not the case!

How are we supposed to know that we didn't receive the message or if we just weren't chosen? :S

Aza404
11-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Hello all,

We are deeply sorry to announce that we had to disqualify a player in the Razer tournament. Player Tystax, had to be removed from the finals because he used more than one account to enter the tournament, which is unfair for all other duellists and going against our most basic tournament rules.

We are so sorry for all players who were affected by his cheating and couldn't enjoy the tournament properly because of him. We contacted the last player he played against (MnM_vs_Smarties) and offered him to join the finalists. It seems to be the fairest for us, to ask the last player he played against, as we can't organize the entire tournament again. Once more, we apologize to players who lost against him and could have gone further in the tournament.

The good thing here is that we actually proved his cheating before he had the chance to go to Sweden. I know it's not perfect, but it's already something. I'd like to thank players who brought their suspicions to us, we took them very seriously.

For the next tournaments, we will make sure to investigate deeper and apply rules to avoid this type of cheating that we condemn.

Thanks for your understanding

The DoC team

MnM_vs_Smarties
11-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the explanation Aza404. :)

Imo you were just in time to catch him. It maybe wasn't perfect, but this is the first WC organized, so it's not expected to go perfect. Anyway, I think you made the right decision.

Le.Rancord
11-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Im pretty sure the next wont be in sealed mode, and then things like that wont happen

Karstou33
11-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Ok, nice the decision of dq.

I wanted to know if it will have a livestream to see the match, or later a video of the games ?

Matrix.disc
11-22-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm glad that there is a solution to this outrageous abuse that seems to be paying back the harm done, at least in some extent. I feel very sorry for the honest players that have suffered because of this abuse and I wish good luck to all the participants.

I am sure that the next tournament will be organized more carefully and with greater diligence. I fully understand though, that the time was scarce and it's the first attempt on it.

Harmbringer
11-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Thank you anyway! This means alot to the honest players!

Pjovejas
11-22-2012, 11:54 AM
aahhh... I see that this cheater was in my "branch"... Sorry for Wolrajh (the guy I have lost to)...

Matrix.disc
11-22-2012, 12:06 PM
The fact that the most successful account of the cheater was in your branch doesn't mean that other people didn't play against him in other branches on other accounts :) Srsly, the guy though he "broke the system" or what?

C4r-n4ge
11-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Good jod but still too bad that all the cheaters that played in the tournament on multiple accounts were not detected. I guess Tysytax was the only one stupid enough to create multiple accounts and play them from the same IP so it was easy for UBi to detect it. I think that other were more creative ones...
Anyway - it would be a good lesson for Ubisoft to be more carefull at organization of next tournaments....

Blastofek
11-22-2012, 07:33 PM
That was simply the lowest thing a player could do...
I'm glad what Ubisoft did, nothing is perfect and some people love to abuse. I feel sorry to players that have lost to that cheater.

leonid1995927
11-22-2012, 10:31 PM
It's negligence, is what it is....

Close call, too. *shakes head*

Shikao87
11-24-2012, 01:50 AM
I checked the forum and Dream Hack site, but still I don't know when exactly will DoC finals happen or whether they will be streamed.

Could anyone enlighten me on this matter, please? =]

SpaceElephant
11-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Hello guys! Here is SpaceElephant live from the Dreamhack! The finale will happen today, at around 2pm (Paris and Dreamhack time). Unfortunatly we are not geared right now for a live stream, as we don't have a spectator mode yet, but for the next events, we will make sure to do something about it.

Unfortunatly, two players were not able to make it to the Dreamhack, so we will only do the Grande Finale from here, the two other players will be able to fight for the Bronze online, later after the Dreamhack.

We will post pictures and interviews with the two finalists (Matrix.disc and MnM_vs_Smarties) on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/mightmagicduelofchampions) after the game, and we will record the finale game, as usual.

Stay tuned!

Space E and the DoC

Matrix.disc
11-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Just as Emile wrote, we're going to be playing best of 5 around 14:00 and the games will be available later online. For the moment all you can do is to wish me luck :)

zenithale
11-24-2012, 01:57 PM
SpaceElephant, you mean Ethylparaben and Dias couldn't come?
Anyway I'm impatient to watch the replays! :eek: Good luck to our 4 champions!

SpaceElephant
11-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Hey guys! We now have a winner for the first Worldwide tournament sponsored by Razer! It was SO TIGHT !! They played 5 games and the last one was a very very exciting!
I'm proud to announce the winners : Matrix.disc got the first place and MnM_vs_Smarties got the second one! I will do my best to upload the final match (I'm in Sweden with a very slow Internet connection, sitting on the floor at the booth...) and we also shot a video interview with the two finalists, they give very good tips to new players!

We will certainly organize other such events, online and offline, and the next times we will also provide a stream for those games.

Thanks to all players for taking part in this event, thanks for your support, for relaying the info, and SEE YA ON THE BATTLEGROUND !!

Here's a picture of the two champs (I think this cup will be soon filled with vodka...) :) :

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1043/dsc0176ws.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/dsc0176ws.jpg/)

zenithale
11-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Congratulations!
Too bad they were only 2 to fight.

SpaceElephant
11-24-2012, 05:03 PM
See you next time Zenithale! :)

zenithale
11-24-2012, 05:29 PM
I doubt that, I take part in online tournament only.

leonid1995927
11-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Well, that's done.

Can we go back to whining incessantly now? :p

Blastofek
11-25-2012, 02:57 AM
I'm wondering why two other players missed Dreamhack.
GJ Matrix. I wanted to see the game irl but had no time for that :(

C4r-n4ge
11-25-2012, 03:43 AM
Congratulations to Matrix !!! He's our pride - true hardcore killer from Poland.
Let's hope this tournament would be just the first step in creating the whole series of big internationall Tournaments.

One thing is very strange to me - why there were only 2 players sent? According to the rules of the Tournament if one of the player from the final 4 could not go to Sweden then the runner up should took his place...

leonid1995927
11-25-2012, 04:14 AM
No one wanted to go for reasons previously stated.

Next time offer more than 1 ticket. Kthx

C4r-n4ge
11-25-2012, 04:49 AM
No one wanted to go for reasons previously stated.

Next time offer more than 1 ticket. Kthx

And what are these reasons...? Cause I can't find it...

leonid1995927
11-25-2012, 04:51 AM
What point is it to go if you can't bring anyone? It's lonely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QPcclYWOr4

Matrix.disc
11-25-2012, 10:02 AM
All I can say is that from Ubi team's side everything concerning the trip was done right.

leonid1995927
11-25-2012, 10:11 AM
I can agree with that.
But I still feel sorry for those for whom that wasn't enough.

C4r-n4ge
11-25-2012, 06:49 PM
All I can say is that from Ubi team's side everything concerning the trip was done right.

Matrix - please explain to us (of course only if you know that) - why there were only 2 players sent?
Because according to the rules of the Tournament if one of the player from the final 4 could not go to Sweden then the runner up should took his place...

Matrix.disc
11-25-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry, but I am not sure if I can disclose this information. You should look forward to some more details about this issue from SpaceElephant.
I hope you understand my reluctance, but some of the conversations we had were purely private and I don't want to be screwing up with whatever the MMDoC team is planning to do, or what their community communication strategy is.

Oh and by the way, I have discussed the issues with lack/late/lacking communication with community and guys from Ubi promised me they have been working on it hard already and they are still trying to improve.

C4r-n4ge
11-25-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm sorry, but I am not sure if I can disclose this information. You should look forward to some more details about this issue from SpaceElephant.
I hope you understand my reluctance, but some of the conversations we had were purely private and I don't want to be screwing up with whatever the MMDoC team is planning to do, or what their community communication strategy is.

Oh and by the way, I have discussed the issues with lack/late/lacking communication with community and guys from Ubi promised me they have been working on it hard already and they are still trying to improve.

Of course - I understand that you can't disclose some private conversation with developers - that's obvious.

But I believe that the developers should explain to us the situation. All the players that took place in the tournament (and all the game community) deserves to know what...

As I said before according to the rules of the Tournament if one of the player from the final 4 could not go to Sweden then the runner up should took his place... then what happened? Were there another bans for players? Or - if not then what was the reason that the 2 players which couldn't fly to Sweden were not replaced by 2 runners up?

leonid1995927
11-25-2012, 09:27 PM
I'd figure the runner-ups didn't wanna go either.

eusouumpeixe
11-28-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm wondering, are the replays from the finals avaiable? I looked for them, but could not find it anywhere..

Aza404
11-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Dear Champions,

The DreamHack Championship is nearly over... In a weird twist of events, 2 of our 4 participants did not get to go to Sweden, so we have our 2 winners but we do not know yet who will be in 3rd and 4th place. As they did not get to go to Sweden, we've decided to add a 50 000 gold prize for 4th place.

This final match will take place soon and in the meantime, we are please to announce to semi-finals and finales of the "on-line" Championship!

The 4 finalists for this are:

Fortep
Wolrajh31 (Tystax was disqualified)
Zenithale
R3tsa
Congratulations to you 4 and make sure you keep an eye on the forum as the match-ups will be announced very soon.

Best,
Aza