PDA

View Full Version : AMD or Nvidia

Bucur92
11-08-2012, 05:34 PM
So if you check this link http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/assassins-creed-3 it says it support DX11,3D Vision and Nvidia TXAA anti-aliasing so will Assassins Creed 3 favor Nvidia cards over AMD.

Dellers
11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes and no. I don't think it will matter too much using normal settings, but since 3d Vision is an nVidia technology you won't get that feature on AMD cards. Personally I love playing the Assassin's Creed series in 3d, which makes it easy for me to choose nVidia. I just hope the game will be fairly good ported so that I can use max settings and 3d. Revelations was a little too heavy IMO considering the graphics. It didn't run any better than Battlefield 3, which is a far more graphic heavy game.

Bucur92
11-08-2012, 06:00 PM
So can any Ubisoft moderators clarify this?

BlastThyName
11-08-2012, 06:11 PM
So far we have no indication that AC 3 will be a TWITMTBP title, but who knows perhaps Ubi and Nvidia have worked hands in hands to optimize the DX11 features.
After all Far Cry 3 is a GE game, AMD's gaming program.

I don't think there are any reasons to get worried at this point.

Bucur92
11-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Well i hope that AC3 is not 'The Way Nvidia is Meant to be Played'.If it turns out to be true i will not buy AC3 anymore cause i know that it will run not so good on my AMD card.Im not a fanboy of Nvidia or AMD at that time AMD was the best buy for me in terms of price and performance.

soccer06
11-09-2012, 02:59 AM
I'm not a hardcore gamer, but if a developer optimizes a game for one brand of graphic cards over another, does it really make that much of a performance difference for people with the other brand of graphic cards? Furthermore, even if a developer worked with one brand of graphic card, they wouldn't purposely ignore customers with the other brand.

Anykeyer
11-09-2012, 05:46 AM
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.33-beta-driver-uk.html
NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:

Assassin's Creed III rated Not Recommended

Dellers
11-09-2012, 10:57 AM
****it. So that basically means that while the other games have been running 3d Vision really well the improved engine doesn't? That would be a HUGE step backwards. I'd rather take the old engine than a new one that does less. I'm becoming skeptical about this PC port in general now.

Bucur92
11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Well i have asked Ubisoft forum moderators but it seems they do not bother.

Mr_Shade
11-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Well i have asked Ubisoft forum moderators but it seems they do not bother.
Sorry this was lost in the traffic on the forum - there are many forms we look after - and many hundreds of posts / threads per day..

I will see if we have any information I can pass on - however my gut feeling is the game will play great on whatever card you have - as long as it meets the requirements and you use settings which are reasonable - trying to play high everything at a very high res on the minimum required card - may not be possible - as expected.

Bucur92
11-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Sorry this was lost in the traffic on the forum - there are many forms we look after - and many hundreds of posts / threads per day..

I will see if we have any information I can pass on - however my gut feeling is the game will play great on whatever card you have - as long as it meets the requirements and you use settings which are reasonable - trying to play high everything on the minimum required card - may not be possible - as expected.

So why we have more information about Nvidia cards but nothing about AMD something is not good here.http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/assassins-creed-3.I need to know more solid info about how the game will run on AMD card before i give Ubisoft 60$.It seems that AC3 will run better on Nvidia cards than AMD.

Mr_Shade
11-09-2012, 02:02 PM
So why we have more information about Nvidia cards but nothing about AMD something is not good here.http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/assassins-creed-3.I need to know more solid info before i give Ubisoft 60$.I said I will ask, so please allow time..

it maybe down to the fact that the game comes with certain new Nvidia cards- which is a promotion?

This does not mean that it will run poorly on AMD?

If you are REALLY concerned - maybe wait till the reviews are out - if you do not wish to wait for an answer.

Bucur92
11-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Yes im REALLY concerned and i will wait for reviews until then i will cancel my preorder.IF it turns out that AC3 will not favor Nvidia cards over AMD il buy the game.Well 2 weeks until release and no information about the PC version that shows how much Ubisoft cares.Do i have to buy the game because it has number 3 on the box or do i need more information about the game and not on the release day?

al-Assas
11-09-2012, 02:23 PM
You won't find that out on the release day. We'll have to wait for the tests.

Bucur92
11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Well we all need to know what we pay for.Some information about graphics option will be nice.

Johny-Al-Knox
11-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Yes im REALLY concerned and i will wait for reviews until then i will cancel my preorder.IF it turns out that AC3 will not favor Nvidia cards over AMD il buy the game.Well 2 weeks until release and no information about the PC version that shows how much Ubisoft cares.Do i have to buy the game because it has number 3 on the box or do i need more information about the game and not on the release day?

They should run good on AMD cards.. I mean To take an example. Sleeping dogs was optimized for AMD cards. but it ran well for my nvidia card. Dont think it should be a huge problem.. (Concidering u have a good Card ofc..)

Bucur92
11-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Well i have upgrade my card from AMD 5770 to 7770 it was best buy for me in terms of price and performance

Razrback16
11-09-2012, 02:39 PM
You'll be fine, dude. I've played all the AC games up through ACR on a Crossfire AMD setup and the games ran fine, perfectly stable and smooth. Now having said that, there are always going to be political struggles between NVidia and AMD with gaming developer companies for preferential configurations, optimizations, etc. NVidia is usually the biggest benefactor of those types of things (see the Crysis series of games as a good example, or Batman games from Rocksteady) -- but I've never seen a game that was unplayable on one side of the fence over the other.

Bucur92
11-09-2012, 02:46 PM
You'll be fine, dude. I've played all the AC games up through ACR on a Crossfire AMD setup and the games ran fine, perfectly stable and smooth. Now having said that, there are always going to be political struggles between NVidia and AMD with gaming developer companies for preferential configurations, optimizations, etc. NVidia is usually the biggest benefactor of those types of things (see the Crysis series of games as a good example, or Batman games from Rocksteady) -- but I've never seen a game that was unplayable on one side of the fence over the other.

I hope youre right.

soccer06
11-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Does it really matter if a developer chooses to make the game run "better" on one brand of card over another? I have an AMD Radeon HD 6950, and as long as it runs how it should on my card given the specs, then I could care less if someone with an Nvidia card can run it that much better.

Bucur92
11-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I said I will ask, so please allow time..

it maybe down to the fact that the game comes with certain new Nvidia cards- which is a promotion?

This does not mean that it will run poorly on AMD?

If you are REALLY concerned - maybe wait till the reviews are out - if you do not wish to wait for an answer.

So any new information or did you forgot to ask them.

Mr_Shade
11-12-2012, 05:59 PM
So any new information or did you forgot to ask them.
No...

Just no news yet..

I have had a reply about the frame rate /hz question though.

Bucur92
11-12-2012, 06:23 PM
No...

Just no news yet..

I have had a reply about the frame rate /hz question though.

So can you share any information about PC version?

Mr_Shade
11-12-2012, 06:27 PM
So can you share any information about PC version?
relating to this topic?

Not really - since my statements about it supporting DX11 and playing great on either type of card - as long as you have a decent card..

if your interested in the other news - I posted that in the person who asked thread.

FourTotal
11-12-2012, 06:34 PM
I go with AMD but that is just a personal preference and has to do with getting more bang for the buck. I have an AMD 6850 and i have no problems playing all current games

EDIT..

Reviews are a double edged sword. Give a bad review on a legitimately bad product and you wont be reviewing ANY product of theirs any more since they wont provide you with early releases, hardware, ect. Why bite the hand that feeds you?

If reviews were to go by then AC3 is the biggest things since sliced bread. If UBI were to be believed this game IS THE BIGGEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD and there are no faults whatsoever.

Bucur92
11-12-2012, 07:11 PM
relating to this topic?

Not really - since my statements about it supporting DX11 and playing great on either type of card - as long as you have a decent card..

if your interested in the other news - I posted that in the person who asked thread.

I have upgrade from AMD 5770 to 7770.I think i can play AC3 with any of those 2 cards.I dont play at HD only 1440-900

Mr_Shade
11-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Official answer:

LEAD 3D PROGRAMMER:
The game works well on both brands of cards, we have been working very closely with AMD as well as nVidia. We support TXAA which is an nVidia-only feature, but there is no reason to worry that we will not support AMD.

Bucur92
11-12-2012, 08:04 PM
That is good to hear i was worried that it will favor Nvidia.TXAA is good for those with Nvidia card but it will not make such a huge diffrence.Thanks for taking your time to ask them my question.

randallsb
11-16-2012, 01:54 AM
LOOK, have to back the forum mod on this guys. Happened to be perusing this forum.. same as you good ladies and gents, looking for pre-load availablity.. When I stumbled on this gem of a post.

If i may help answer or allieviate any of your concerns regarding video cards..

1. Regardless (Nvidia or AMD) if you have a midrange or low end budget card, do not .. i REPEAT, do not expect to run max settings or even 3d and run better either card, you all should know good and well, its up to the graphics card manufacturers to provide good drivers, as well as the developers to make a game support a broad range of cards, this means it will run. just not as graphically intense as you expect, this is not ubisoft (or any other game development company) faults, this is a limitation that your computer puts on the game itself. They give us options as PC gamers to this extent with resolutions, texture options, even anti-alising options.. doesnt mean that you can choose them just cause you slapped a card in that you think is better or good enough to do it. doesnt work that way.

2. If you have any issues with running the game, just try running it in a lower setting, it doesnt have to be maxxed out, its again not the developers fault, mabye just running it at lower res will be even better in most case scenarios then most gaming consoles.. just deal with it and upgrade at a later time when you can afford it, as other pc gamers do.

3. Its easier for moderators, or even fellow forum perusers rather, to give proper responses to questions like: Will it run on my amd or nvidia machine.. if you post some specific details, so they can pass that on to the developer, give them a broader picture of your scenario.. heck even compare the framerate you are getting on some of the other AAA titles out now, that should get u a better picture of if your computer can handle it, if it can now.. most likely it will handle this, no need to cancel preorders and such, the game quality isnt going to jump that big from one title in october to one now in november.

4. Anyone and everyone on here are mostly kind folks from what i read, if the internet is not providing you with a answer still to your liking, just repost in here your computer processor, ghz, ram, operating system, what drivers youre using for your card, and what model of your card. with the ram amount on the card as well (THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT) and ill try my best to help any of you, or some other chaps feel free to chime in, I personally want to see everyone enjoy this game on the 20th (or onwards for some of our folks abroad) and anything i can personally answer aswell on here to the best of my knowledge will be happy to help. We all just need to help each other in the correct manner, so we can get everything done in a orderly fashion, and leave everyone satisfied.

Thanks.