PDA

View Full Version : Unequiping/Removing weapons

slim8xshady
11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to remove weapons such as the tomahawk or the bow? If not, then maybe a glitch?

Liiaam140210
11-08-2012, 04:40 PM
yeah it would be pretty cool, i want to remove the pistol. One question though, why remove the bow and arrow!

PANiC_ATTACKER
11-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Try having to carry a heavy axe around for the rest of SP game because there is no way to drop it!!!. bag of **** game

MisterEFQ
11-08-2012, 04:49 PM
I just highlight what weapon I want, and press the d-pad to hotkey it. I almost never have the bow and the tomahawk equiped.

slim8xshady
11-08-2012, 04:53 PM
yeah it would be pretty cool, i want to remove the pistol. One question though, why remove the bow and arrow!

I feel it kinda stands out when roaming boston or new york, don't get me wrong I love the bow and arrow but it just doesn't feel right when in cities.

slim8xshady
11-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Try having to carry a heavy axe around for the rest of SP game because there is no way to drop it!!!. bag of **** game

If you get into combat with your battle axe equiped just hold triangle or y if you're xbox. I hope this helped.

MT4K
11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I feel it kinda stands out when roaming boston or new york, don't get me wrong I love the bow and arrow but it just doesn't feel right when in cities.

To everybody else he likely just looks like a hunter. I don't think it seems that out of place when thought about like that :p.

LordDizzicusIII
11-08-2012, 05:16 PM
While I agree the bow and arrow makes for a nice looking hunter, I too have been seeking a way to remove the bow because personally I never use it and would rather it gone. I know there is a glitch that people claim happens in sequence 4 however I have no idea how to reproduce it or whether or not it is a random glitch.

C112408E
11-08-2012, 06:02 PM

I think it'd be cool to remove the bow because the only outfit it really goes with is Connor's default outfit and the native outfit (which is fine). It looks really out-of-place on outfits like Captain Kidd's and the Captain of the Aquila uniforms, though. The bow being on his back is honestly the only reason I don't use either of those outfits all the time.

Norcent31
11-08-2012, 06:15 PM
The first heavy weapon I bought, after fighting a group of enemies with it, I kinda left it in a person after an animation. It was cool for a bit, since now I only had the tomahawk, but the next heavy weapon I picked up, Connor sheath it. I then went on a killing spree trying to lose it again.

Grandmaster_Z
11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
for heavy weapons just hold the triangle button down and he will throw it.
also, i rarely use the bow/arrow so it would be cool to unequip it but i dont thing it would be possible

MisterEFQ
11-08-2012, 06:37 PM
for heavy weapons just hold the triangle button down and he will throw it.
also, i rarely use the bow/arrow so it would be cool to unequip it but i dont thing it would be possible

By "unequip", do you mean remove it from your charcter model, or remove it from your hotkeys (the d-pad where you chose your weapon).

Norcent31
11-08-2012, 06:39 PM
By "unequip", do you mean remove it from your charcter model, or remove it from your hotkeys (the d-pad where you chose your weapon).

both, if you don't have it, you can't equip/hotkey it. (but only for heavy/two-handed weapons)

MisterEFQ
11-08-2012, 06:42 PM
You can unequip from your hot keys. Go to the weapon screen, highlight a weapon, and map it over the bow by pressing the d-pad.

Grandmaster_Z
11-08-2012, 07:13 PM

i meant from the character model. i dont think there is a way to do this because the character always had a bow and arrow from the start

projectpat06
11-08-2012, 08:37 PM
You can throw axes or war clubs into enemies to unequip. If you have a sword, just pull it out and stand over an awe, the button prompt will say switch weapons and Connor will switch the sword for the axe then you can throw it. Or equip whatever weapon you want to remove when you go to lockpick a chest, Connor will drop the weapon you have equipped.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 09:15 PM
You can remove them, question is why? Anyways, how you remove them is, you have to kill an enemy with what ever weapon you are trying to get rid of. Say tomahawk, you want to kill a person with a dagger, have your tomahawk out, then hit swap. After just hit the drop button. Same for the rest, except for bow, that's impossible to remove.

MadDogg59
11-08-2012, 09:18 PM
You can throw axes or war clubs into enemies to unequip. If you have a sword, just pull it out and stand over an awe, the button prompt will say switch weapons and Connor will switch the sword for the axe then you can throw it. Or equip whatever weapon you want to remove when you go to lockpick a chest, Connor will drop the weapon you have equipped.

Cheers mate, I was always trying to drop the tomahawk.

MadDogg59
11-08-2012, 09:25 PM
You can remove them, question is why? Anyways, how you remove them is, you have to kill an enemy with what ever weapon you are trying to get rid of. Say tomahawk, you want to kill a person with a dagger, have your tomahawk out, then hit swap. After just hit the drop button. Same for the rest, except for bow, that's impossible to remove.

That one I can't get to work for some reason.

StarzSuicide
11-08-2012, 10:02 PM
I just wanna get rid of the guns. Since your forced to have em

slim8xshady
11-09-2012, 11:47 AM

Nice, I just did this and it worked with the sword/battle axe and the tomahawk now we just need to figure out if there is a way to rid of the bow and guns. Also hope we find a different way to do this because I can't get all the chests if I want to do this glitch.

projectpat06
11-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Nice, I just did this and it worked with the sword/battle axe and the tomahawk now we just need to figure out if there is a way to rid of the bow and guns. Also hope we find a different way to do this because I can't get all the chests if I want to do this glitch.

I doubt you can remove tools unless you can somehow get your horse or something you can aim at by pressing L1 to draw the gun or bow while you standing in front of the chest then click the button to lock pick while the gun or bow is drawn. That would suck to lose the bow since there would be no way to buy it back or get it from the cellar.

slim8xshady
11-09-2012, 03:11 PM
I doubt you can remove tools unless you can somehow get your horse or something you can aim at by pressing L1 to draw the gun or bow while you standing in front of the chest then click the button to lock pick while the gun or bow is drawn. That would suck to lose the bow since there would be no way to buy it back or get it from the cellar.

If you have the bow selected just hit triangle and he will just hold it as long as you're not aiming at someone. I think you can get it back by doing the mission where Charles Lee is speaking at the cemetery I have had that mission take away all my weapons and then give them back after the fighting part. I have not been able to get rid of the bow to be sure about that though.

slim8xshady
11-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Any ways of getting rid of the bow or gun?

NickatNite89
11-09-2012, 07:50 PM
I wanna get rid of the Sword, I only use TomaHawk , Bow-Arrow, and Pistil while in combat.

slim8xshady
11-10-2012, 03:18 AM
Bump

slim8xshady
11-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Bump