PDA

View Full Version : Will we see a new AC title/Sequel next year?

Legendz54
11-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Ok to start this off I have no doubt that we will see another AC game in the future. This has been implied by Ubisoft several times.

The question is.. when??

When do you think a new AC title will be announced? Will they be releasing a new title next year? As i recall I think AC3 was announced in March which was about 4 months after ACR was released. Or will they be taking a 1 year break. The Tyranny of king washington DLC will be released within 6 months which means it could stretch out to be somewhere around April. They dont usually announce new AC titles when there is still DLC for the old one do they??

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 09:50 AM
I hope that take 2013 off. Come back 2014.

PANiC_ATTACKER
11-08-2012, 11:15 AM
I hope they give it a good five years, go away and assess what AC should be about and what made the first ans second games great, and come back with an actual Assassin game. Remove the RPG elements and pointless Brotherhoods and crafting, its all fluff and bad ideas.

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 11:31 AM
I hope they give it a good five years, go away and assess what AC should be about and what made the first ans second games great, and come back with an actual Assassin game. Remove the RPG elements and pointless Brotherhoods and crafting, its all fluff and bad ideas.

I do hope that add more RPG elements, loved them in AC III. And five years is too long. Let them return in 2014, with a Connor spin-off like Brotherhood.

BBALive
11-08-2012, 11:32 AM
They'll probably release one next year. I'd prefer it if they took a year or 2 off though. I don't think they can push it any further using current-gen hardware, so I think it would be beneficial to wait until Microsoft and Sony release their new consoles.

Old Connor during the War of 1812 or a new protagonist during the French Revolution/Napoleonic Wars.

thekarlone
11-08-2012, 11:51 AM
No more sequels. I hope next game to be AC4 in 2014. AC5 in 2016, and so.

NumberSix1967
11-08-2012, 12:11 PM
The game next year will be 'Assassin's Creed III: This is What We Really Meant'. It will be brilliant.

KemistiOMG
11-08-2012, 12:54 PM
they bring up another ac game cause if they arent they had ended ac3 differently

AdrianJacek
11-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Good question... I wouldn't mind it but it's all going to be Ubi's decision. Remember that they were in hurry with Desmond's story - they had to finish it before 12.21.12 (21.12.12)

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 04:54 PM

You do play videogames other than AC right? Do you have any idea how empty a sandbox game would be without RPG elements? It is not fluff it is called depth, smart one. Without Rpg elements that would mean no new weapons throughout game, no robe changes, no side missions., no upgradeable items, no player progression., no depth.

Why would you even say anything this stupid? If anything we need more rpg elements.

Man, I am really shocked at this type of ignorance

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Indeed. More RPG elements, the better. My opinion and all.

egriffin09
11-08-2012, 05:42 PM
I think they should take it slow for year or two. Let the senior team that developed AC 3 rest a while and assess AC3 then come back with another AC game in 2014-2015. I love AC games (HUGE fan), but after putting 30+ hrs into AC3, I will admit, I'm getting AC fatigue, just a little. Amazing games though.

ZoMBee-HitMAN
11-08-2012, 05:47 PM
I agree. They need to think about what made AC3 good and what made it bad, listen to the fans, and take a couple years to put their heads together and come out with a game that is really mind-blowing, not just in story-telling or music, but by the role-playing content as well. If they are going to use Connor again, they need to flesh out his personality.

Listen to us Ubi. Listen, or DIE.

CalgaryJay
11-08-2012, 05:48 PM
I think its almost a given we'll see an ACB/R type sequel next year.

I really enjoy Hutchinson's honesty, and leading into the AC3 release I recall an interview where he said they make these games to make their money back from what they lose from the big titles (despite the huge sales, the big numbered titles usually don't make all their money back, considering how much they cost to make, according to him).

Escappa
11-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah, they should wait until 2015/2016 or so, so the fans can cool down a bit, so they will be very hungry for AC when the next game comes out. (more wait = more satisfaction)

Aethlwin
11-08-2012, 06:15 PM
The story and game felt rushed, they could have done a lot more with this game. It felt more like a typical "America! Hell yeah" game rather than an Assassin game. I just hope they don't make any more and completely ruin the game.

supremium72
11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
I have a better idea. How about instead of an Assassin's Creed game, you guys do a game based on the Templars? I must admit, after playing as Haytham, it was quite refreshing being able to play as the "enemy" and seeing everything from their point of view; making it seem like they're the good guys at all. Besides, with Desmond dead and all, I think it would be an awesome idea.

Grandmaster_Z
11-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Every year is good for me. I'm too old to be waiting 2-3 years for each new game. YOLO SON

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I want one next year.... btw guys AC3 haf 3 yrs of devolpement

ZoMBee-HitMAN
11-09-2012, 12:16 AM
I would like to play as a Templar.

hyatari
11-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Of course they will.

Ubi$$$oft.

Legendz54
11-09-2012, 12:27 AM
It would be cool if they announce that they have secretly been working on AC4 for a few years next year. I wouldn't mind one next year as long as effort and time has been put into it.

Escappa
11-09-2012, 12:41 AM
It would be cool if they announce that they have secretly been working on AC4 for a few years next year. I wouldn't mind one next year as long as effort and time has been put into it.

Ubisoft pressconferance 2015: "Well, we've been working on assassins creed 4 since 2006. It will have 120+ hours of gameplay and the graphics are 3 times better anything we've seen so far. it'll contain 6 mayor maps, each of them 2 times the size of the frontier, it'll take place in Victorian England."

That's my dream.

BBALive
11-09-2012, 02:29 AM
It felt more like a typical "America! Hell yeah" game rather than an Assassin game.

Did you even play it? You must have skipped a lot of cutscenes, or misunderstood the story if that's the way you think.

Will_Lucky
11-09-2012, 02:40 AM
Have the team use the POE that travels through time, go back and fix the mess that is AC3.

But seriously, with the next gen consoles likely out next year of course they'd want to cash in on that...not to mention the engine might run well on them.

DavisP92
11-09-2012, 02:43 AM
I hope they take some time off and make co-op and put this in:

Customization, Customization, CUSTOMIZATION. I cannot say that enough, what we have in the game so far is horrible, and should not be looked at as "this what the players want". You can never have too much customization! I am going to explain relating to the co-op experience. Let's say that I'm playing with two of my other friends, and we are using the 3rd idea i mentioned in the co-op section. The assassin we pick should be the assassin we stay with. We shouldn't be limited to only have 3 characters to pick, but rather a section of different characters that have different ethnic backgrounds (African-American, Caucasian, Native-American, etc.) and gender as well. This would allow the player to be more immersed because they can pick their own gender and ethnic background. Moving on to the APPEARANCE of the assassin, there should be a few selections that we could pick, NOT just color. Maybe I want something similar to Altair’s outfit, while my two other friends want Ezio’s and Connor's. This doesn't mean just put the same outfits from the past game but rather have different style shirts, pants, hoods, and shoes. Maybe I want to be an assassin that wears Connor type shoes/boots and pants but instead have a sleeveless shirt with a hood. Give that option to the gamers. Moving on toWEAPON, it's cool that in the SP we play as an assassin that can use every single weapon like he has trained with it his entire life. But the co-op should NOT be like that, otherwise how would we be different from our friends that are playing or have a different experience when we play it again. There should be a class base selection when picking your assassin. Examples are an Archery, Poison, and bombs. If you pick archery then you get to use a bow but you can't use poison or any type of bomb, this includes smoke bombs and vice-versa for the other classes. This would provide a different experience depending on what class you pick and how many players are playing (2 or 3). I know class based system are very RPG-y but if done correctly then it would be an amazing addition to the co-op experience. Sorry but I’m going to add another RPG-ish element, which is skills. Again I know that AC isn't a RPG but that doesn't mean that it can't take things from different genres and add them into its features list to make the game more amazing. When I say skills I'm referring to something similar to the idea of the classes I mentioned. Our assassins, when playing co-op should not master everything. But instead should be okay with certain weapons but truly excel with others. Let's say that I pick the Archer which means one of my skills should be Archery of course, but what if I play the game mainly using only hand to hand and my hidden blades? Then wouldn't that mean that is what I prefer to use, so why not say that that is what my other skills would be as I continue the game. Of course in the co-op experience we would be starting as recruits and moving up to master assassin so why not at every level allow us to pick a skill that we would want to use that we are allowed to (meaning archer assassin can't pick a poison skill). So for hand to hand combat you could start off as a brawler and then improve your skills so that you can disarm, then to you can redirect attacks (like Ezio did in the ACR CGI trailer). Skill like that is what I'm referring to, which would then allow players that perhaps like using the dagger to have their own skills, strengths and weaknesses, that are different from those that they are playing with. Another Part of the customization would be where the weapons are located on our assassins, if I'm the Archery Assassin and only use my hands then I should have any weapons besides a bow and a quiver of arrows on my back. But if my friend is the bomb assassin it would be nice to see a belt of bombs that he can wear and if there is a belt maybe he wants the belt across his chest or on the waist. If he also uses a dagger, maybe he wants the dagger on his waist, leg, back (like Altair) or on his lower back like a ninja. There should be options to where we can put our weapons on our assassin as well.

AllThatJuice
11-09-2012, 03:20 AM
I definitively wouldnt mind another game with Connor next year.

Legendz54
11-09-2012, 06:48 AM
I definitively wouldnt mind another game with Connor next year.

Same here, His character needs some more exploration.

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 06:51 AM
I think the optimal solution would be to have a small Br/Rev size Connor game next year, while put most of the team back to work on the next numbered title.

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 06:58 AM
I would like to play as a Templar.

I wish for a "Templar's Creed" or something..

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Same here, His character needs some more exploration.

Along with that, I see AnvilNext as the the same as Anvil's debut in the original AC; somewhat rough around the edges. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to clean up problems presented by this engine by next year, and we'll see what it's really capable of, old hardware or not.

Also, somebody has to be responsible for starting up the Assassin Brotherhood in the states, if not Connor, then probably someone he trusts.

Legendz54
11-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Along with that, I see AnvilNext as the the same as Anvil's debut in the original AC; somewhat rough around the edges. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to clean up problems presented by this engine by next year, and we'll see what it's really capable of, old hardware or not.

Also, somebody has to be responsible for starting up the Assassin Brotherhood in the states, if not Connor, then probably someone he trusts.

Hopefully we have 1 more Connor game next year, I hope Ubisoft says "Ok we have listened to our fans and have added a hood on/off option and have taken out QTE for animals". AC3 is awesome but a lot of small things can be improved on.

TOMatXL
11-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Ok to start this off I have no doubt that we will see another AC game in the future. This has been implied by Ubisoft several times.

The question is.. when??

2013: Assassin's Creed 3: brotherhood (Middle-aged Connor)
2014: Assassin's Creed 3: Revelations (Old Connor)
2015: Assassin's Creed 4 (next gen): This is were the animus takes you back to Luke Skywalker as main protagonist to kill Darth Vader (Templar and also his father). This will probably have an open ending too...

:D:D keep 'em coming UBI !!! :D:D

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 01:52 PM

=-O 5 years?????? Why should AC be singled out from every other game creating company as if they have to wait so much longer?
I'm still bitter about Half Life's abrupt ending.........

I do hope that add more RPG elements, loved them in AC III. And five years is too long. Let them return in 2014, with a Connor spin-off like Brotherhood.

I'm fine with 1&1/2 yrs but I'm sure they want to do releases around the end of the year/holiday time? Not sure. But definitely more RPG!!
If someone wants even less, it's best to just find other series where all you do is whack people in a bland storyline. No thank you. AC is all about the story and characters.

You do play videogames other than AC right? Do you have any idea how empty a sandbox game would be without RPG elements? It is not fluff it is called depth, smart one. Without Rpg elements that would mean no new weapons throughout game, no robe changes, no side missions., no upgradeable items, no player progression., no depth.

Why would you even say anything this stupid? If anything we need more rpg elements.

Man, I am really shocked at this type of ignorance

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Hopefully we have 1 more Connor game next year, I hope Ubisoft says "Ok we have listened to our fans and have added a hood on/off option and have taken out QTE for animals". AC3 is awesome but a lot of small things can be improved on.

So far, I'm good w/ a Connor sequel - but it needs a strong Soundtrack this time & Connor should have a personal story going w/ someone.
I loved the relationship aspect of Ezio & his family/sister. Then there was also Catarina which made her rescue from the castle feel more important.
I still want to see Connor romancing a female :o. He has the perfect soft-spoken/innocent/naive personality for it.
A LOT could be done w/ that.
I'm sure that would help AC fans who aren't as fond of him find him more relatable and less "cold"

>>>2013: Assassin's Creed 3: brotherhood (Middle-aged Connor)
2014: Assassin's Creed 3: Revelations (Old Connor) <<<

2 things - people weren't thrilled playing an "old" Ezio (even tho devs more than compensated by speeding him up w/ the hookblade that I loved & appreciated!)
Secondly, I think a Trilogy is too much.... (except I'm happy Ezio got one) - 2 are plenty imo & then wrap it up. I say that becuz I read a whole lot of fan reviews/comments and I don't think either would go over well a 2nd time (at least so soon after Ezio's trilogy).

TOMatXL
11-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Well seriously now, I for once prefer to see a female character in the upcoming sequels (just like they introduced Aveline). I think that might bring some fresh new playstyle and different approaches towards completing missions, regardless of the historical/cultural setting. Or for example, a female additional character and Connor leading the pack allowing you before (almost) each mission to choose to play as her or Connor according to the story, each with their own specialties.

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 02:30 PM
^Ok Again with all the choices... before long we won't have a game, it'll all be pick this or that & create your own game. ?? I don't know of any other games that are all about you picking & choosing everything you want or like? I don't think AC should have to. (I say that mainly becuz I think it just adds further workload to Ubi & I can't imagine how many problems it might start w/ added bugs or glitching?)

I also don't want a female Protagonist at all but as someone else suggested somewhere they would like a supporting role as a female - where you sometimes play her (as she ties in with the story) -
sort of what they did w/ Haytham only thruout the whole game) - I don't know if that would satisfy people who want a female?
(I recall Batman offering a playthru as Catwoman - wondering if that's what you're relating to?)

TOMatXL
11-09-2012, 04:42 PM
^Ok Again with all the choices... before long we won't have a game, it'll all be pick this or that & create your own game. ?? I don't know of any other games that are all about you picking & choosing everything you want or like? I don't think AC should have to. (I say that mainly becuz I think it just adds further workload to Ubi & I can't imagine how many problems it might start w/ added bugs or glitching?)

I also don't want a female Protagonist at all but as someone else suggested somewhere they would like a supporting role as a female - where you sometimes play her (as she ties in with the story) -
sort of what they did w/ Haytham only thruout the whole game) - I don't know if that would satisfy people who want a female?
(I recall Batman offering a playthru as Catwoman - wondering if that's what you're relating to?)

Yeah, kinda like Arkham City, but as you said throughout the full story. Just keep the main story and missions as straight forward as they are now but intertwined with more main characters. Imo a second main character should re-introduce the feeling of working united with a strong brotherhood. Conner this time feels like the last lone wolf, with an old mentor, and some bigmouths as followers (feels more like they are labor union members) but then It's part of this story and setting and don't get me wrong I do like it a lot ;)