PDA

View Full Version : How do I convoy?

Zrvan
11-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Since Revelations, I'm used to AC games not telling me what's going on or what I should be doing, but I feel it's been taken to absurd heights in this game.

At some point in the game, I was given a homestead, and told it's my base of operations, and that I can convince people to move in and generally improve the joint with their farming and logging and exploding. I'm also told that I can recipe things into existing and sell them with convoys, so that I can (I assume) get more money that I don't need because the only thing I spend money on is bribing town criers and upgrading my ship. In the event that I DO need money in the future, I would like to know how to get it, and the game's manual, however, is mum as to how I do any of the things I just described. So, how do I do any of that?

Layytez
11-08-2012, 01:49 AM
I advise you hunts some bears and elks then sell the pelts. You get more if you sell them via Naval convoy but you need make sure your artisans are the right level.

TeamCoby
11-08-2012, 02:48 AM
Craft items such as rifles for alot of money. And go hunting for bears, wolves, cougars, and bobcats. Selling their fur to any of the islands will give you lots of money.

DonQuixote31
11-08-2012, 05:22 AM
Does anyone else have a glitched convoy slot that wont become free? It Says that the convoy was attacked and there is no option to free up the slot. Also, outside of the homestead the connor slot in the log book is blank.

Natefam51
11-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Well of course its blank, can't expect Connor to lug around huge amounts of pelts all the time [and yes I am being serious. Its not a glitch but a reality input the designers probably put in the game.]

weston_19
11-08-2012, 07:00 AM
I had no idea how this conviy mechanism worked but never once got stuck because my equipment was subpar so i never had any reason to save exhorbant amount of cash. But, spamming hunting spoils will earn you ludicous amounts of money. Craft 2 more land convoys and craft the capacity upgrades in crafting. When you can craft the naval convoys and sell your hunting spoils to the highest bidder. A full naval convoy of bear pelts will net you 10k a pop, and with 3 or 4 you can max out the ship. All hunting spoils are worth more than the stores will pay. Also be sure your selling conners items and not buying items to resell for profit. While you can do this and make money the sheer amount of running around the frontier will net you insane spoils, i had 50 wolf pelts 30 bear pelts...you dont need to bait or snare just run around and do your thing, killing anything in your path with the bow or hidden blade. For whatever reason, i couldnt access conners items for the convoys unless i was at the homestead. I dont know if this was intentional or not, but frustrating non the less. I guess nobody figured it out, i had an alert that i was in the top 1% worldwide for profit. And i never even used it until i beat the game. ( man o wars were insane with the ship not upgraded btw)