PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Sequel: French Revolution (Spoilers)

projectpat06
11-07-2012, 11:47 PM
I know there is a "Beyond AC3" Thread but I would like a thread to specifically discuss the possibility of the French Revolution.

In AC3, there are many things that point to the French Revolution as a sequel to Connor's story. The most obvious is that the French Revolution took place from 1789 to 1799. Ac3 ends in 1783. The sequel can pick up right where AC3 ends in 1783 having Connor sail to France at Marquis de Lafayette's request. By the end of AC3, Connor has lost everyone he holds dear in his life and his tribe has moved westward without him. By the end, you can already see Connor's disgust for slavery and the ways of the new American Government.

He does, however, realize that his fight with the templars must go on so what would be better than bringing the battle to Reginald Birch (well actually he would probably be dead by then since he was born in 1705). Basically, Connor fights the templars under Reginald who was responsible for turning his father. Connor learns of his father and grandfather's origin and works with the assassins of England and France. Connor's fight for Justice and Freedom would also tie into the French Revolution which would serve as the backdrop to the assassin/templar story. We could then have Paris and London as the two major cities (which would be incredible) as well as the wilderness, small towns and english channel in between.

Characters like Stephane Chapeau can return as support characters to aid Connor, but we would ultimately still have new people to recruit into the brotherhood with their own stories. Heck, even Aveline can make an appearance where we play as her for a few sequences. They don;t necessarily need someone like desmond to play an ancestor anymore which is what Alex hutchinson and the team wanted. They have the abstergo hacker who could end up being the new character who eventually turns against abstergo in realization of Juno and joins William Miles to stop her.

There's a lot of potential here with the mechanics the developers already have in order to make an awesome sequel. The naval mechanics, liberation mechanics, and assassin guild mechanics can all be expanded upon. They can carry over the awesome freerunning, treerunning, and combat. They can add in random events to make the cities and wilderness feel more alive. This setting could really make for a good game that they could produce in a year. And Connor can get some awesome new colonial robes that were french and English influenced anyway. I would say call it Assassin's Creed Liberation but they already have that.

Please discuss what you think and add or critique any ideas. That goes in terms of story, mechanics, characters, etc. Say what you want added or changed from AC3. Thanks

Mr_Shade
11-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Spoilers?

This thread belongs in the hints&tips forum - as per the forum rules please...

I will move it there.

TeamCoby
11-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Good idea, I hope they make a game like this.

mlazun
11-08-2012, 12:48 AM
i like to see connor in one more game at least. and yes, franch revolution was what cros my mind. he would has a 33 years at the start, and 43 at the end of revolution. six years between end of american and start of french rev are enough period for him restored and make strong of colonial brotherhood. his character has so much potential and we must see it to the end. also i can see aveline as his love intrest (she is half french by the way), but ubi say that avelin is not in line with desmond nor connor. reason for his travel to paris must not be aid of assassins in europe, but search for some poe that can defeat juno in present. one of these poe what i would like to see ever from ac2 is sword of eden. but they can probably think some more. it would be intresting insert london as gameplayground in same time as paris. after all, we see in ac3 very strong templar present in london (thanks to heytham from what i see) and connor can do a little his handwork on them to reduce it. after all french revolution is trully assassin victory over templars that inflluenced politics in all europe. one game will do about that. i can see connor in it.

De Filosoof
11-08-2012, 12:51 AM
French revolution? Yes please.

And please bring back the assassin's creed atmosphere.
I really missed it in AC3.
A setting like the French revolution would be the perfect opportunity to bring that atmosphere back.

The atmosphere in AC3 felt more like red dead redemption than assassin's creed to be honest.

I still think AC3 should have taken place in the French revolution in the first place...

andre982d
11-08-2012, 09:20 PM
In AC3, there are many things that point to the French Revolution as a sequel to Connor's story. The most obvious is that the French Revolution took place from 1789 to 1799.

French Campaign in Egypt and Syria (17981801) --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_campaign_in_Egypt_and_Syria

Possible assassination target --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Baptiste_Kleber