PDA

View Full Version : AC3 feedback Poles, to management..

JohnnyInksDotCom
11-07-2012, 08:52 PM
After going through a bunch of older pages and seeing how feedback is listened to by ubisoft, I was thinking an easier way without all the reasons "why" is maybe sticking poles that only the vote matters, ie. hood up or down, or option pole, outfit poles, ambient music option pole (option to turn it on or off, as some people don't like it).. I know people make poles, but I was thinking of more official ones that could be utilized as "election" post ha.. the irony.. but yea.. something like that

ProdiGurl
11-07-2012, 09:06 PM
I think this is a good idea since so much is scattered all over the boards & goes old & who knows who read it? It would be a way for better organization at least. & maybe something like that would solidify things more - you could at least point to a vote as to something being changed/done - but I dunno.

The thing that bothers me is that since I was here last year, I see quite a bit that Devs listened to and implemented from Fan complaints & suggestions and we still see people complaining & whining when they listened and acted. So I'm not sure what good it does to ask fans what they want when you're only going to get a split base who hates it & complains anyway. ?
If I were a dev, I'd be discouraged & just want to do things my own way [maybe]........ I think too many people have differing opinions on AC.

zerocooll21
11-07-2012, 09:11 PM
I like you're thinking. I actually just started a Poll for the AC3 Ending. Three options, say your piece, an be out. I want to keep it to one response per person / not littered with arguing. Check it your interested. Its got spoilers FYI.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/724132-Spoiler-AC-3-Ending-Poll-Spoiler

ProdiGurl
11-07-2012, 09:29 PM
K I can't go to it then w/ end spoilers & I know I'm not for them reworking another ending - -
I want them to devote ALL their time to the next AC.

Mr_Shade
11-07-2012, 10:21 PM
All of the current feedback - is being passed on - or read by the team....

Making polls - would only confuse matters and slow down the process, so it's most likely not an option for most of the problems.

Things that need fixing - some which can be game breakers - will be a priority over 'optional' things, like hoods or outfits.. which maybe discussed after we have the fixes we need at present.

Rest assured - we know how to read all of the feedback - as does the team ;)

zerocooll21
11-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Mr Shade, so you think the poll I made will be of any help?

Mr_Shade
11-07-2012, 11:35 PM
The ending one?

I have no idea what you mean by 'help' ?- the team have said that they stand by the game's narrative - so it's VERY unlikely that they will change the end of the game, if that's what you are attempting to do..

And like I said - polls don't always work - even if it's something changeable - since they are easy to sway or fake ;)

Feedback for bugs and game issues, are what they are more looking for - or small gameplay tweaks etc etc

UrDeviant1
11-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Making polls - would only confuse matters and slow down the process, so it's most likely not an option for most of the problems.

Sure It will.

zerocooll21
11-07-2012, 11:46 PM
The ending one?

I have no idea what you mean by 'help' ?- the team have said that they stand by the game's narrative - so it's VERY unlikely that they will change the end of the game, if that's what you are attempting to do..

Feedback for bugs and game issues, are what they are more looking for?

Oh no no no, I wasn't trying to say they should change it. My thoughts where if the fans could critique the ending in a organized fashion the devs could read and see if any of it makes sense. If it does than incorporate into the next time around. Like take the ideas presented and keep them in mind next time kind of thing. Make sense?

I wouldn't go with a petition like that lol. It is what is, I respect the creators vision. That doesn't mean its not open to constructive criticism right?

Mr_Shade
11-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Oh no no no, I wasn't trying to say they should change it. My thoughts where if the fans could critique the ending in a organized fashion the devs could read and see if any of it makes sense. If it does than incorporate into the next time around. Like take the ideas presented and keep them in mind next time kind of thing. Make sense?

I wouldn't go with a petition like that lol. It is what is, I respect the creators vision. That doesn't mean its not open to constructive criticism right?Polls add nothing to a discussion - since people can vote - and not post the reason..

It's the post's that matter - with or without a poll

So, really, all they do is add to the confusion..

zerocooll21
11-08-2012, 12:07 AM
got it. I asked people to say their piece after voting . So far so good. If you're bored check it out.

Mr_Shade
11-08-2012, 12:21 AM
got it. I asked people to say their piece after voting . So far so good. If you're bored check it out.
already seen it - thanks :)