PDA

View Full Version : Step 5: Vote for creature statistics

Aza404
11-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Dear Champions,

In step 5 we ask you to vote for the creature's Cost, Attack, Retaliation and Life points.
Here are the 4 sets suggested by the developers. Which would you like to have?

Cost (3) Attack (2) Retaliation (2) Health (2)
Cost (4) Attack (1) Retaliation (4) Health (2)
Cost (4) Attack (0) Retaliation (3) Health (5)
Cost (6) Attack (4) Retaliation (3) Health (7)
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/fr/games/mmdoc/Mystery_Card_ability_02.png

Please note that the final cost may vary if we judge the card too weak or too strong with the balancing.

Enjoy,
Aza and the DoC Team

krelian
11-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Looking at the poll results, I think many of us have found Crag Hack with the achievements system :P

elkondziorre
11-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Short analysis of this card in current metagame (and only vs. problematic cards, that may prevent winning the slot when they are there, like Ravager):
- This card will prevent opponent from attacking in given slot, because the creature will eventually die for nothing.
- Dealing 2 to attacking creature will stop creature with 2hp from doing this. Only one creature is problematic with such HP value - Dark Assassin.
- Dealing 3 changes nothing, because still, from creatures with up to 3hp only Dark Assassin is viable and problematic. If dealt twice - option 3 and 4, this is really different, but this requires good board position in given slot, which may be won anyway.
- Dealing 4 may also handle some Inferno creatures, and this is really good - Juggernaut, Ravager are stopped.

Analyzing the choice:
1. Stops only one card (if it is not in Siegfried deck), dies really easily, probably after first attack of opposing creature. So it will deal 2 damage to opposing creature for 3 mana. Better to pack Fire Bolt into your deck if possible. - NOT VIABLE.

2. Stops most of the cards with up to 4 HP: Juggernaut, Ravager, Dark Assassin. There is risk of being handled by direct damage hero skills/cards. It may also be easily killed by Immune to Retaliation creatures. MAY BE VIABLE. Costs a lot for those stats. If it would be for 3 mana it would be much better, but still not OP.

3. Stops most of the cards with more HP, but has to survive the turn to block again. I.e. opponent will attack with Juggernaut and it will have 1HP, so next attack would be a suicide. But this may be overcome by having shooter in second line. Anyway this is VIABLE option, because direct damage spells that can handle it are rather expensive. Looks ok.

4. With such stats it may handle many cards and is hard to kill, but current metagame problems are tempo-related. In the endgame it is better to play The Banshee. So this option seems to be a little less attractive than cheaper creatures.

So this leaves us with only one choice: 3. The card would fit into control - combat based decks.

PS. On the lower right corner of the card there is something that looks like collectors' information for the card: 150/250. Are we going to get 250 card expansion? :)

Shukfir
11-07-2012, 01:25 PM
But will it be melee, flyer or shooter creature? Will it deal magic or might damage? How can I choose its stats without knowing this?

Suluc
11-07-2012, 01:58 PM
I vote option 3 :D

Shauku83
11-07-2012, 02:15 PM
I voted for option 1, shutting down Dark Assassins is great. With Haven Guards this unit will last longer. It does guaranteed damage even if it dies, so 2 is ok. It costs only 3 so it is most viable, 4 drops can be avoided easily, like Fate Spinners just get stuck alone or must follow units.

hydramarine
11-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Can it be true that this expansion will have 250 cards? Wow, nice.

If it is true, all those +5-6 resource rare creatures of the previous set will be obsolete as I suspected (Not that many people use them anyway).

All decks need good rares in 1-2-3 resource, the rest of the cards better serve as utility.

Power creep, here I come :)

Aza404
11-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Can it be true that this expansion will have 250 cards? Wow, nice.

Wow STOP!
NO, this expansion will only introduce ONE new faction and a few other cards. There may be anything between 25 and 50 new cards but NOT 250.

If it is true, all those +5-6 resource rare creatures of the previous set will be obsolete as I suspected (Not that many people use them anyway).

I don't think they will be. Actually I hope that by introducing more cards, tactics will be more varied and will encourage longer games. And in my opinion, longer games means more importance given to high level cards.

Harmbringer
11-07-2012, 05:54 PM
I had a few games where both players runned out of cards.
I wish for longer games, but the current meta is more likely to kill fast because of the lack of defensive creatures for some factions and too many way to kill creatures.
Otherwise you have to play OTK which, in my opinion, really sucks to play as itīs so boring for both.

leonid1995927
11-07-2012, 06:18 PM
^ I had a few of those "Sudden Death" games back when I was a newbie...maybe a week ago.

Those were epic. :o

Mryth01
11-07-2012, 06:45 PM
I really hope that creature wont be just 4 might 4 cost, but something more interesting like 3 might and 1 fortune that requires 4 cost etc.

Le.Rancord
11-07-2012, 07:22 PM
I vore for option 1, sinve every unit with 0/1 attack is to weak for me. He just doesnt attack with his units, and u cant attack either. Why whould he attack just to loose his unit? Immune to retaliation comes in to, so I just picked the one that has 2 attack and might be somewhat useful.

Why waste ure time with a 4 cost with now hp and no attack, when u bring in cards like lilim or Tainted Orc. 3 cost is at least something intresting, especially for crag

Ipwnfour
11-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Shooters and other 'immune to retaliation' creatures will easily deal with this one.

To have any effect at all, I'd suggest the following stats:
4 cost
1 attack
4 retaliation
5 health
add immune to retaliation

The point is to serve as a meatshield i guess

Thanisse
11-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I have to agree on the 4 retaliation value .

it needs to be 0/4/5 to be relevant against ravagers and co .

hydramarine
11-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Considering that we will get the Sanctuary on step 7 with the reveal of the card (or soon after that), I cant wait for Step 5 and 6 to be over. I hope Step 6 doesnt take so many days for the vote.

Mathew-xx
12-15-2012, 09:59 AM
i vote 3