PDA

View Full Version : :SPOILERS: What Happened with AC3?

EO-Slap5ho7
11-07-2012, 06:14 AM
I want to know what happened during the development of this game. Not with the games glitches / bugs but the story itself. Compared to the previous games in the series this one is seriously lacking while having so much potential. From the beginning of the game with Haytham till Sequence 4 everything was fine. I'm no writer nor am I creative in anyway but after I finished the game I couldn't help but think that it could have ended on a better note.

I think some of the sequences could have been a bit longer to explain some of the back story of the Assassin's and training of Connor during Sequence 4 - 6 and longer in general since this was the finale. More interaction with the historical figures in the game. More interaction with Connor's tribe and learning more of there customs. More interaction with civilians like they showed in the E3 presentation. I don't see why they separated the liberation of parts of the city with the Assassin recruits and economy features.

I don't see why they didn't allow trading from within the village ( which many others have also pointed out ) to the different store owners liberated by Connor. I don't see why there isn't any tombs or puzzles like in AC2 or Brotherhood. More Assassination side quests and courier missions no matter how tedious to keep me playing longer. When the game started I thought I was going to the Grand Temple to find clues as to how to stop the solar flare and also find this Eve person that I thought was gonna come into play. But there is no mention of her whatsoever.

By Sequence 4 after completing Haytham's Part of the story, I would have let them find the key to the Grand Temple only to find that the solution was in fact a first generation TWCB / Human hybrid. They would also find clues of course to what they were supposed to do. Maybe the Templars had worked in the wrong order by finding secret individual temples and the Key without finding an Apple of Eden. With the Apple of Eden, Eve, and the clues left by TWCB they would have the assets to stop the solar flare but they would have to find the individual temples. With no clues as to where, Desmond would have to go back into the Animus to find out the locations but finds himself as Connor instead.

Things would go on like normal in the story with the added bits of Assassin history, training, and more interaction with his village. Each Templar on his list would have a piece of the puzzle telling him where to find the temples or an artifact that he can interact with to show the locations. This would've in a way worked since Connor already has his list of Templars to kill and a ship to find out what the Templar order is planning. Also would've been cool to see Desmond more in action. I would've liked to see much more development and cooperation between Haytham and Connor not only for the connection but to see why the Templars do the things they do.

A more satisfying end to Charles Lee and another meet with Reginald Birch seeing as he was the one that possibly turned Haytham from an Assassin to a Templar. Maybe as Connor is investigating his father's journals or some type of records, we play the flashback as a young Haytham. Maybe at the end we get to meet Alan Rikkin with him being the CEO of Abstergo and all after killing Vidic to show a new threat. Maybe after activating all the temples with the help of Eve, the "shield" would have stopped the solar flare but be warned by Minerva that Juno was unleashed without Desmond dieing. I didn't hate the ending but it just seems to me that having Desmond die wasn't necessary or could have showed more emotion. I know i'm missing something but that's all I can think of for right now. Of course this is all just one long time fans opinion about his favorite series but I'd like to hear what other people think.

pirate1802
11-07-2012, 06:25 AM
I'm glad Desmond didn't meet or kill off Rikkin. I like that guy ;) Something tells me he'll have an important role to play in future ACs.

BlackRose1809
11-07-2012, 10:38 AM
I want to know what happened during the development of this game. Not with the games glitches / bugs but the story itself. Compared to the previous games in the series this one is seriously lacking while having so much potential. From the beginning of the game with Haytham till Sequence 4 everything was fine. I'm no writer nor am I creative in anyway but after I finished the game I couldn't help but think that it could have ended on a better note.

I think some of the sequences could have been a bit longer to explain some of the back story of the Assassin's and training of Connor during Sequence 4 - 6 and longer in general since this was the finale. More interaction with the historical figures in the game. More interaction with Connor's tribe and learning more of there customs. More interaction with civilians like they showed in the E3 presentation. I don't see why they separated the liberation of parts of the city with the Assassin recruits and economy features.

I don't see why they didn't allow trading from within the village ( which many others have also pointed out ) to the different store owners liberated by Connor. I don't see why there isn't any tombs or puzzles like in AC2 or Brotherhood. More Assassination side quests and courier missions no matter how tedious to keep me playing longer. When the game started I thought I was going to the Grand Temple to find clues as to how to stop the solar flare and also find this Eve person that I thought was gonna come into play. But there is no mention of her whatsoever.

By Sequence 4 after completing Haytham's Part of the story, I would have let them find the key to the Grand Temple only to find that the solution was in fact a first generation TWCB / Human hybrid. They would also find clues of course to what they were supposed to do. Maybe the Templars had worked in the wrong order by finding secret individual temples and the Key without finding an Apple of Eden. With the Apple of Eden, Eve, and the clues left by TWCB they would have the assets to stop the solar flare but they would have to find the individual temples. With no clues as to where, Desmond would have to go back into the Animus to find out the locations but finds himself as Connor instead.

Things would go on like normal in the story with the added bits of Assassin history, training, and more interaction with his village. Each Templar on his list would have a piece of the puzzle telling him where to find the temples or an artifact that he can interact with to show the locations. This would've in a way worked since Connor already has his list of Templars to kill and a ship to find out what the Templar order is planning. Also would've been cool to see Desmond more in action. I would've liked to see much more development and cooperation between Haytham and Connor not only for the connection but to see why the Templars do the things they do.

A more satisfying end to Charles Lee and another meet with Reginald Birch seeing as he was the one that possibly turned Haytham from an Assassin to a Templar. Maybe as Connor is investigating his father's journals or some type of records, we play the flashback as a young Haytham. Maybe at the end we get to meet Alan Rikkin with him being the CEO of Abstergo and all after killing Vidic to show a new threat. Maybe after activating all the temples with the help of Eve, the "shield" would have stopped the solar flare but be warned by Minerva that Juno was unleashed without Desmond dieing. I didn't hate the ending but it just seems to me that having Desmond die wasn't necessary or could have showed more emotion. I know i'm missing something but that's all I can think of for right now. Of course this is all just one long time fans opinion about his favorite series but I'd like to hear what other people think.

While I fight with others that the ending wasn't that bad and it was just like good, I do agree with you on more content... I wish there was more things to do like in the old AC games, like dungeons and puzzles. More story and interactions with the characters and areas and some story to Connor and Desmond, mostly Desmond.

zerocooll21
11-07-2012, 03:38 PM
ANyone who is interested I created a Poll for the AC:3 ending. Three choices, say your piece and please don't argue with other answers. I want to have a organized set of thoughts/feelings in once place for the Dev's to read.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/724132-Spoiler-AC-3-Ending-Poll-Spoiler

kuled2012
11-07-2012, 03:57 PM
this isn't the finale ffs