PDA

View Full Version : laughably easy (sigh)

TreFacTor
11-07-2012, 04:56 AM
Yeah I have all of the games and yes I know none of them were really difficult, but this one takes the cake. Assassins Creed 3 ( aside from being well under 60 hours of single player gameplay..I finished in 30 TAKING MY TIME MIND YOU.) is once again too easy. The only times I've died are from falling and once during a fight when i got stuck on the environment. When i say laughably easy, i mean that i'm now going through and finishing up the tedious collection and liberating the forts, I'm in a fort now, surrounded by 5 guards. and none of them are attacking after seeing me slit the commanders throat. No, the game isn't frozen, i can strike them, but none of them will attack. i wanted to see how long they would stay in attack stance without attacking, and it's been an entire episode and a half of American Dad and they are still only posturing, I have other issues with the game, but can over look most of them even the dumbed down controls that aren't really streamlined and more precise. I can get over the fact that UBI refuses to add a new game plus feature so that you don't have to go memory by memory to get 100% sync and can play from the beginning to the end. I can get over the fact that the game now has a completely useless economy ( never needed to spend a single euro). i can't wrap my head around why this game is so hack and slash now. The game used to take skill to pull of some really gruesome combos, now they're all tied into counters...smdh.

While I'm on it, anyone know why when i liberate a fort, the new occupants are hostile? Aren't I on their side? This game seems to be all over the place and is reminiscent of the last 2 Prince of Persia games...did those guys have their hands in this game? Whatever the case...if anyone from UBI reads this, patch in a harder difficulty. i never even had the need to upgrade a weapon....didn't even know I could as a matter of fact until i was already done with the story....and what is the deal with the recipes??? This game seems to assume because we're all familiar with american history that we know what to do with the rest of the tacked on additions...wth....Good game though, I did enjoy playing with Connor.

And why in the hell are the only two cut scenes that you CAN'T skip are the raising of the flag, and the ending credits? Those two are so important they can't be skipped ( never mind the fact that you possibly won't see either till the end of the game.)

I apologise if I came off rash, or overly dramatic but some of the things in the game really frustrate me (lack of difficultly in fighting being one). i guess my expectations were just too high. As I mentioned I do enjoy the game and think this was a very good one, I also think it could have been a lot better.

cheezman3
11-07-2012, 05:06 AM
When you liberate the forts they may be considered hostile but if you don't run into them or anything then they will not attack. I agree that the game is very easy aside for some option main sequence objectives that I am struggling with myself, but still love the game.

ZoMBee-HitMAN
11-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Well I will say one thing. The soldiers are easy to slaughter.

CalgaryJay
11-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Was American Dad good at least?

DualFace
11-07-2012, 07:56 AM
And why in the hell are the only two cut scenes that you CAN'T skip are the raising of the flag, and the ending credits? Those two are so important they can't be skipped ( never mind the fact that you possibly won't see either till the end of the game.)

There are quite a few other story related cutscenes that you can't skip either. I find that once you've completed the game
the first time, everything should be skippable---but alas, it isn't so. Nice job Ubisoft.

Connor is only sided with one group. His people the Iroquois/Mohawk nation. They blue-coats are only neutral towards you for
your participation in their cause(s). So yeah, if you mess with them, they're gonna wanna mess you up. You're still a "savage"
after all. LOL -_-

There's a whole list of things that Ubisoft needed to address before this game was printed but release dates, Release Dates,
RELEASE DATES. My personal list of bugged/glitched/badgamedesign problems grows the more I play the game. I'm not playing
any further than this 2nd playthrough though. Not even for the inevitable 'Ultimate/Complete' edition with all DLC included.

The funny thingabout the dumb as hell soldier AI is that I once Tweeted to Ubisoft about the ZERO amount of aggression in previous
games---of which they surprisingly responded within 10 minutes---about how that wouldn't be the case again. I said: "ORLY?" to
myself because I knew they were lying through their teeth, and here we are again with only a small inch forward in any semblance
of actually being a threat to desyncronization.

Combat is flashier than ever but is still press 2 buttons (or sometimes just 1) and win. Giant red icons above a soldiers head telling
you exactly when he's going to attack you is a flipping giant joke. Especially with the soldier types that have hugely telegraphed
moves.

ACIV: Autopilot.

Black_Widow9
11-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Please make sure you post your feedback in the appropriate threads.
Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Gameplay Feedback *DO NOT POST SPOILERS (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979)

Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Bugs & Issues Thread *Possible Spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720981)
Thanks

Lexax123
11-07-2012, 08:55 AM
I really can't understand how anybody could think the combat in AC3 is easier than previous games... granted it's still pretty **** easy but ACB & ACR's combat looks like a joke compared to this. No medicine or perma-guarding and besides the normal guards, most of the others stop kill streaks. And the high frequency of guns used makes it a bit more stressful. ACB/ACR was literally, mash square, mash R1 + square when an enemy attacks at a snails pace and then continue massacring everyone else with square. Somehow in a bit of trouble & out of your 15 potions? Hold L2 for a Renaissance equivalent of a nuke.

Oh and what's with only needing two buttons to win? If you don't use X/A button good luck trying to defeat half the enemies in the game.

SolidSage
11-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Combat is fine in this game, way better than ACR and on par with AC1 in challenge. You're not going to get through all the AI by using 2 buttons...now way no how, that's complete and utter BS. The variety of requirements to beat different guards is the most expansive it has been yet. Some you can just x combo and chain but you can't chain all types. Some require disarm before attack, other require counters and others still require parries then disarm. Then factor in human shields, rope darting, killing on the run, dodging horse charges. The list goes on.

There are things to complain about in this game but combat isn't one of them. Okay, maybe the arrows over the heads, but can't you get rid of that by turning off the HUD like in other AC's?

This seems less like a real complaint and more like a thread designed to attract attention to someone's "awesomeness" in combat. Well done, pat yourself on the back.

Maybe you're not that good though. I have a 28 kill streak (didn't think it was easy though) and just got in the top 1% worldwide tonight for Jaeger kills.
YOU should pat ME on the back because I'm awesome.

kuled2012
11-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Combat is actually 'challenging' I never died in Combat in Ezio games and I played them all more than once. I died at least 10 times in this, it's good.

TreFacTor
11-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Combat is fine in this game, way better than ACR and on par with AC1 in challenge. You're not going to get through all the AI by using 2 buttons...now way no how, that's complete and utter BS. The variety of requirements to beat different guards is the most expansive it has been yet. Some you can just x combo and chain but you can't chain all types. Some require disarm before attack, other require counters and others still require parries then disarm. Then factor in human shields, rope darting, killing on the run, dodging horse charges. The list goes on.

There are things to complain about in this game but combat isn't one of them. Okay, maybe the arrows over the heads, but can't you get rid of that by turning off the HUD like in other AC's?

This seems less like a real complaint and more like a thread designed to attract attention to someone's "awesomeness" in combat. Well done, pat yourself on the back.

Maybe you're not that good though. I have a 28 kill streak (didn't think it was easy though) and just got in the top 1% worldwide tonight for Jaeger kills.
YOU should pat ME on the back because I'm awesome.
I don't care about leader boards, so your observation that my post is anything other than genuine is misplaced. You can have your leader board kill streaks. (didn't even know there was a single player leaderboard, but okay) Aside from single player, I don't even touch the multiplayer so I'm a solo gamer who takes their time to enjoy a game. I'm not here to brag or boast (you seem more than qualified for that position). Other than the guards/npc's that need to be thrown into environmental object to defeat, there aren't any others that can't be combo killed. When you get ten or more guards surrounding you, 5 will be in attack stance and never more than 2 attack at a time, the rest take posturing positions like a firing squad. This leads to times when no guards will attack. As for the infinite block, it's still in the game all you have is hold B and you will parry any attack, the guards don't even try to attempt a guard break which was the case in previous games. i didn't come here to insult anyone and I really take offense that you would insinuate that I'm taking this opportunity to brag...smh. If I wanted to brag, I'd post something like..."hey you joined in 2011, i'm a vet your a noob." This isn't the case. Blind faith and devotion are fine, just don't force your opinion on anyone, or your allegations.

BTW, I am in the top 1% also neither one of us are that great, the game is that easy

Here's your pat
http://www.noliesplace.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/some-people-just-need-a-pat-on-the-back.jpg

-->How has Assassins Creed 3 disappointed me <-- (http://kotaku.com/5958941/how-has-assassins-creed-iii-disappointed-me-let-me-count-the-ways?tag=xbox-360&post=54137881)

TreFacTor
12-02-2012, 12:30 AM
This is what I mean when I say the combat and Ai are poor in this game. I've never had this happen in the previous games. Although this video is only 2 minutes long, as I type this the game has been in this state for about an hour while i ate dinner and watched a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EChT2JzUtpc&amp;feature=share&amp;list=UU7Sw7xtFzO 9Kd54-W6Prq7A

I'm surrounded by 7 Jagers and none will attack. There were 10 but their bodies disappeared.

montagemik
12-02-2012, 01:27 AM
I don't care about leader boards, so your observation that my post is anything other than genuine is misplaced. You can have your leader board kill streaks. (didn't even know there was a single player leaderboard, but okay) Aside from single player, I don't even touch the multiplayer so I'm a solo gamer who takes their time to enjoy a game. I'm not here to brag or boast (you seem more than qualified for that position). Other than the guards/npc's that need to be thrown into environmental object to defeat, there aren't any others that can't be combo killed. When you get ten or more guards surrounding you, 5 will be in attack stance and never more than 2 attack at a time, the rest take posturing positions like a firing squad. This leads to times when no guards will attack. As for the infinite block, it's still in the game all you have is hold B and you will parry any attack, the guards don't even try to attempt a guard break which was the case in previous games. i didn't come here to insult anyone and I really take offense that you would insinuate that I'm taking this opportunity to brag...smh. If I wanted to brag, I'd post something like..."hey you joined in 2011, i'm a vet your a noob." This isn't the case. Blind faith and devotion are fine, just don't force your opinion on anyone, or your allegations.

BTW, I am in the top 1% also neither one of us are that great, the game is that easy

Here's your pat
http://www.noliesplace.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/some-people-just-need-a-pat-on-the-back.jpg

-->How has Assassins Creed 3 disappointed me <-- (http://kotaku.com/5958941/how-has-assassins-creed-iii-disappointed-me-let-me-count-the-ways?tag=xbox-360&post=54137881)

Ironic you claim the game is so easy - But didn't manage to clear all forts until you had all the best weapons . :p

AND Weren't you the guy who GAVE UP on multiplayer because you were beaten repeatedly by a lvl 9 player ??? - & you couldn't figure out Throwing knives would knock him off his high vantage point.

Well .............WELL DONE for accomplishing something in the game anyway , Congrats (at last)

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Guys just let him express himself..

He made more than one post in the feedback thread, one Thread and has a signature that says how AC III disappointed him. He obviously thinks all this is not enough and wants to express himself better,,,Just leave him be

TreFacTor
12-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Ironic you claim the game is so easy - But didn't manage to clear all forts until you had all the best weapons . :p

AND Weren't you the guy who GAVE UP on multiplayer because you were beaten repeatedly by a lvl 9 player ??? - & you couldn't figure out Throwing knives would knock him off his high vantage point.

Well .............WELL DONE for accomplishing something in the game anyway , Congrats (at last)
Which weapons did I use to clear the forts?

psf22
12-02-2012, 04:11 AM

The funny thingabout the dumb as hell soldier AI is that I once Tweeted to Ubisoft about the ZERO amount of aggression in previous
games---of which they surprisingly responded within 10 minutes---about how that wouldn't be the case again. I said: "ORLY?" to
myself because I knew they were lying through their teeth, and here we are again with only a small inch forward in any semblance
of actually being a threat to desyncronization.

Combat is flashier than ever but is still press 2 buttons (or sometimes just 1) and win. Giant red icons above a soldiers head telling
you exactly when he's going to attack you is a flipping giant joke. Especially with the soldier types that have hugely telegraphed
moves.

ACIV: Autopilot.

Why don't you play with HUD OFF if it's so easy for you and telegraphed. I'm sure you'll be having more trouble then. You can also make it challenging for yourself by improvising like this for example

^^ Also intented to anyone else that thinks it's so easy with the default HUD ON.

montagemik
12-02-2012, 04:42 AM
Which weapons did I use to clear the forts?

Now - exactly WHERE do i say you used any weapons at all ??? :confused:

I said you didn't clear all the forts UNTIL you had all the best ones, But i'm sure you fought them all bare handed , EASILY . :rolleyes:

TreFacTor
12-02-2012, 05:10 AM
Now - exactly WHERE do i say you used any weapons at all ??? :confused:I said you didn't clear all the forts UNTIL you had all the best ones, But i'm sure you fought them all bare handed , EASILY . :rolleyes: Nope killed everyone with Ben's crack pipe the most powerful weapon in the game next to George's opium needle. Your insinuating that I couldn't do it till I had the best weapons and it wasn't by choice that i left the forts till last. In revelations I left the towers because destroying them took away the enemies for that area. Most completionists leave the most trivial tasks for last.

VitaminsXYZ
12-02-2012, 06:51 AM
To be honest though, combat has always been easy in AC games. You even had potions with Ezio.

SolidSage
12-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Sorry, I don't visit this forum often, only just getting back to you. I'm SO lazy.

I don't care about leader boards, so your observation that my post is anything other than genuine is misplaced.
They're not real leader boards, it wasn't a serious post. I think some of my comments made that clear but the internet being what it is...I understand.
But the way you worded your post did come across as a bit "I'm so good at this game". No biggy.

You can have your leader board kill streaks. (didn't even know there was a single player leaderboard, but okay) Aside from single player, I don't even touch the multiplayer so I'm a solo gamer who takes their time to enjoy a game. I'm not here to brag or boast (you seem more than qualified for that position).
It's a stat tracker for the SP I think, although there is some sort of friends comparison list in there. I forget where. I mentioned the kill streak because I actually did think it was pretty good. Maybe it's not, I don't really know.

Other than the guards/npc's that need to be thrown into environmental object to defeat, there aren't any others that can't be combo killed. When you get ten or more guards surrounding you, 5 will be in attack stance and never more than 2 attack at a time, the rest take posturing positions like a firing squad.
Seems reasonable, more than 2 guys swinging swords at a single target is going to result in some damage to friendlies probably. It does sound like you have paid very close attention to it though. So okay.

This leads to times when no guards will attack. As for the infinite block, it's still in the game all you have is hold B and you will parry any attack, the guards don't even try to attempt a guard break which was the case in previous games.
You can parry musket fire? How did I miss that??!!

i didn't come here to insult anyone and I really take offense that you would insinuate that I'm taking this opportunity to brag...smh. If I wanted to brag, I'd post something like..."hey you joined in 2011, i'm a vet your a noob." This isn't the case. Blind faith and devotion are fine, just don't force your opinion on anyone, or your allegations.
I didn't think you were really here to insult anyone. And I was just responding in a tone I thought similar to yours. As far as bragging, I think we all slip one in there from time to time, even if it's REALLY subtle. This is the AC forum though, where else are you supposed to talk about something you're proud of and have it understood for it's worth?
I joined in 2004.

Speak for yourself, I AM THAT great!! ;)
But I'm not in the top 1% of anything in AC anymore...I haven't been playing much lately.

Here's your pat

That's not a pat that's a push. Actually it looks a little bit like a Haddoukken.

This is what I mean when I say the combat and Ai are poor in this game. I've never had this happen in the previous games. Although this video is only 2 minutes long, as I type this the game has been in this state for about an hour while i ate dinner and watched a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EChT2JzUtpc&amp;feature=share&amp;list=UU7Sw7xtFzO 9Kd54-W6Prq7A

I'm surrounded by 7 Jagers and none will attack. There were 10 but their bodies disappeared.

This is obviously a glitch though (AC3 does have plenty of them).

mazohystic
12-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Not going to lie, I'm a horrible gamer. The Assassin's Creed games are literally the only games I play (minus like Spyro and Sly lol but that was years ago when I was a wee lass so they don't count). And I finished the game within........ Gosh, do I dare say it? I finished the game within.... 6... Hours... Unless Assassins Network and my PS3 is lying to me (DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG LIKE ENCOUNTERING A GLITCH THAT FASTFORWARDED SEVERAL SEQUENCES OR...?). But I didn't do anything extra though like getting recruits or doing Homestead missions or anything. I basically plowed through the game (I just wanted to know what happened at the end okai but I plan on playing the game the whole way through again but slower don't hate me).

I only got descynchronized maybe five times during combat. And like a billion times during the Hickey and Charles Lee chase scenes and some of the Navy stuff (I almost rage quit omfg). So in my opinion, AC3 was easier compared to the other games in the series. Usually I suck major chew toys at AC games but not in AC3?? It's not a bad thing though, never once did I think "Wow this is too easy this game sucks, I'm gonna say so on the Ubi forums because THIS SUCKS."

TL;DR This game was "easier" for me but that's not a bad thing or shouldn't be a bad thing.

BATISTABUS
12-02-2012, 07:37 AM
If you think that the combat in AC3 is easier than any of the other games, you're wrong. It's hardly an opinion...you're just wrong. In Brotherhood and Revelations if you were able to get off one kill, you were able to kill everyone else brainlessly, faster than they would be able to attack you, counter, and continue the process. There was also kicking and medicine. It was the same for any NPC. AC1 was button-mashing and countering. Combat in AC2 was just time consuming, not difficult. Also, medicine again.

In AC3, archetypes actually matter. You need to at least recognize who you're fighting, and deal with them accordingly. HP not regenerating inside of combat makes it more difficult too.

I'm sorry. If you still think AC3 needs to be harder, I can respect that. I might even agree with it. NPCs should come at you more quickly and more often. AI intelligence needs work, but this is probably due to glitches. But if you think by any measure that the previous games required more skill for combat, you are totally wrong.

TreFacTor
12-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Sorry, I don't visit this forum often, only just getting back to you. I'm SO lazy.

They're not real leader boards, it wasn't a serious post. I think some of my comments made that clear but the internet being what it is...I understand.
But the way you worded your post did come across as a bit "I'm so good at this game". No biggy.

It's a stat tracker for the SP I think, although there is some sort of friends comparison list in there. I forget where. I mentioned the kill streak because I actually did think it was pretty good. Maybe it's not, I don't really know.

Seems reasonable, more than 2 guys swinging swords at a single target is going to result in some damage to friendlies probably. It does sound like you have paid very close attention to it though. So okay.

You can parry musket fire? How did I miss that??!!

I didn't think you were really here to insult anyone. And I was just responding in a tone I thought similar to yours. As far as bragging, I think we all slip one in there from time to time, even if it's REALLY subtle. This is the AC forum though, where else are you supposed to talk about something you're proud of and have it understood for it's worth?
I joined in 2004.

Speak for yourself, I AM THAT great!! ;)
But I'm not in the top 1% of anything in AC anymore...I haven't been playing much lately.

That's not a pat that's a push. Actually it looks a little bit like a Haddoukken.

This is obviously a glitch though (AC3 does have plenty of them).I don;t mean any harm or dis content with any post I make regarding any ubisoft game. I only want the games to continue to get better. I think it is important to point out any areas where the game can improve for the franchise. I support Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Prince Of Persia, Watch Dogs... I want all of these titles to take over gaming! Design decisions are crucial and this is where most major games make mistakes. They make the games the way they want them to be played and not the way their user base wants to play the game. Choice is the main factor in any successful game, and developers often lose sight of that.

TreFacTor
12-02-2012, 08:52 AM
If you think that the combat in AC3 is easier than any of the other games, you're wrong. It's hardly an opinion...you're just wrong. In Brotherhood and Revelations if you were able to get off one kill, you were able to kill everyone else brainlessly, faster than they would be able to attack you, counter, and continue the process. There was also kicking and medicine. It was the same for any NPC. AC1 was button-mashing and countering. Combat in AC2 was just time consuming, not difficult. Also, medicine again.

In AC3, archetypes actually matter. You need to at least recognize who you're fighting, and deal with them accordingly. HP not regenerating inside of combat makes it more difficult too.

I'm sorry. If you still think AC3 needs to be harder, I can respect that. I might even agree with it. NPCs should come at you more quickly and more often. AI intelligence needs work, but this is probably due to glitches. But if you think by any measure that the previous games required more skill for combat, you are totally wrong.
I wish i had the capability to compare the combat of Ac Revelations To AC3. I'd bet its inferior. I would go so far as to say it's even inferior to AC2. That is my opinion and you can take that for what it's worth.

SolidSage
12-03-2012, 06:27 PM
I don;t mean any harm or dis content with any post I make regarding any ubisoft game. I only want the games to continue to get better. I think it is important to point out any areas where the game can improve for the franchise. I support Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Prince Of Persia, Watch Dogs... I want all of these titles to take over gaming! Design decisions are crucial and this is where most major games make mistakes. They make the games the way they want them to be played and not the way their user base wants to play the game. Choice is the main factor in any successful game, and developers often lose sight of that.

I love Ubisoft games too. I play Rainbow 6, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Rayman, Just Dance and I'm going to give Far Cry3 a shot tomorrow.

I hear you though. There are plenty of things in AC3 that could be addressed and provide a better overall product. I think a lot of the inconsistencies in this entry are directly relatable to the grand scope of the game. It really has so much going on. They crammed so many objects into massive maps... terrain and elevation changes, all the trees, so many new actions..just a ton of density.
I was just running through New York last night and the sheer amount of AI on the street was ridiculous, then you get into the burned out buildings and all it's tiny angles.
They put so much content in and then modified control options and I think we ended up with a product that while long in development, and surely well tested, wasn't as thoroughly tested and cleaned as the AC's that came before that built upon each other incrementally.

So that's my biggest gripe with the game, the amount of glitchy occurrences. But that said, it's my favorite AC and a big factor in that for me is the combat. I really think they got it so good this time. In all of the others there was always some sort of glaring point that made the combat seemed flawed. I think Brotherhood was the peak, ACR would have been great if not for the Janissarie's being a bit out of synch, they encouraged a stall out or you just benefited from sneaking up behind them and hidden blading them but that was boring.
I honestly believe that AC has the SINGLE BEST combat engine on the market. Seriously, I would take it over a Tekken or Street Fighter EVERY day of the week, and I used to LOVE those games.

AC3 provides an excellent experience. There's always plenty of guards to fight, I can't seem to clear out maps like I used to, the cities in the old games got empty if I went on a high speed rampage. And the constant requirement to change up method during the fight with different classes is really captivating. I love it. Nice little multiple take down sequences that look cool, tons of options for variety. It's just too good.

Right now I favor hidden blades, pistol, rope dart and then a fast high combo primary.
I like to run in and kill on the run and get 2 with the hidden blades, (I aim for the leader and tough guards at the front of a patrol), then I get a freebie immediately after, change to primary and get a counter into chain kill. Rope dart the guards that are hard or staying back and execute them on the ground followed by a quick counter and disarm usually (because they like to go for cheapies while you're killing their buddy on the ground), switch to gun and drop anyone on a horse (although this can be problematic at times due to auto targeting) and then of course avoid volleys with human shields when I can.
I got 17 untouched yesterday (no blood on me clean outfit) :)

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t406/rwpierce9/AC3.jpg

I have 28 in my stats and I remember doing it but I'm having a hard time re-achieving it. That's basically what I focus on, running around getting into as much combat as possible and trying to take them all out without getting a finger laid on me. It makes me feel all master assassiny.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t406/rwpierce9/Summer 2012/temporary-35-4-1.jpg