PDA

View Full Version : Crazy AI on frontier, Notoriety issues

WilderaWild
11-07-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm on a free roam and the the frontier is completely messed up. I have a few examples.
1. I slaughtered a British convoy, I saw a group of angry patriots coming towards me so I hid in the wagon. The patriots would bend down at the redcoats and say "I will find who did this" and "Who saw this crime being committed". It was like they were on the same side.

2. I captured a fort for the patriots. After capturing it, I started getting pushed around. All of the sudden, they all went into direct combat with me and everyone tried to kill me.

3. I spotted a bunch of patriots fighting a bunch of loyalists in the middle of the forest, as soon as I struck down a British dude; all the patriots turned their fighting to me.

The cities are fine though.

PLEASE make an animus hack which lets you makes the loyalists or patriots not attack you or something like that. At least make it so patriots will never attack you unless you attack them first. You do spend the game fighting for them after all.... anybody else have a similar problem? It is so annoying trying to join a big battle between patriots and loyalists and have everyone go against you....

WilderaWild
11-07-2012, 01:58 AM
This is my biggest problem with free roam, lack of naval free roam and the mohawk are a close second.

lodylody
11-07-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm on a free roam and the the frontier is completely messed up. I have a few examples.
1. I slaughtered a British convoy, I saw a group of angry patriots coming towards me so I hid in the wagon. The patriots would bend down at the redcoats and say "I will find who did this" and "Who saw this crime being committed". It was like they were on the same side.

2. I captured a fort for the patriots. After capturing it, I started getting pushed around. All of the sudden, they all went into direct combat with me and everyone tried to kill me.

3. I spotted a bunch of patriots fighting a bunch of loyalists in the middle of the forest, as soon as I struck down a British dude; all the patriots turned their fighting to me.

PLEASE make an animus hack which lets you makes the loyalists or patriots not attack you or something like that. At least make it so patriots will never attack you unless you attack them first. You do spend the game fighting for them after all.... anybody else have a similar problem? It is so annoying trying to join a big battle between patriots and loyalists and have everyone go against you....
*eye roll* You seem to forget that we are fighting against the Templars, not British. -_- *angry British person* So some are Templars, some aren't, etc.

Blind2Society
11-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah, the notoriety system in this game sucks. In fact, I have one hell of a story to tell about it.

I was in the frontier and came upon a camp of patriots getting attacked by bobcats. A bobcat killed a patriot right in front of me and I, in turn, killed the bobcat and the other ran off. The second they ran off another Patriot bent down over the dead one and said "who saw what happened here". They all instantly attacked me.

Guy seriously? You watched the bobcat kill your boy and watched me kill the bobcat. WTF!?

As I said before, the notoriety system in this games sucks.

BlackRose1809
11-07-2012, 10:28 AM
I find some of these hilarious because of glitches but yeah I get you. I liberated this fort and I usually fast travel to it when I have to get to place near it, so I do and no one bothers me, it's like, "Hey Connor, how you doing? Come in, grab a seat!" so then I go out of the fort and for some reason at the same place, same guys, are standing in formation, and I don't even notice a red or yellow triangle, and they shoot and bam they attack me like I wad doing something wrong and it takes me FOREVER to run them off. That's the only complain I have and yeah some places around the game that do the same crap that they go nuts on me and try to kill me... but eh, you're an assassin... obviously you are gonna get attacked...

WilderaWild
11-07-2012, 01:40 PM
*eye roll* You seem to forget that we are fighting against the Templars, not British. -_- *angry British person* So some are Templars, some aren't, etc.

What I meant is you saved the patriots many times so they have no right to kill you.

MisterEFQ
11-07-2012, 05:53 PM
I am not having this problem, because I do not run into them to make them aggressive.

WilderaWild
11-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Neither do I, but yet they are agressive anyways. Oh and im talking about frontier only...

TeamCoby
11-08-2012, 02:52 AM
The notoriety seems be permanently set to level 1.

Silent Running5
11-08-2012, 06:15 AM
I have one that beats when the patriots attacks you, once I went to defend one of my convoys, after the battle I went into the map, when i came out of it, two of the guards pushed me, guards of my own convoy and there wasn't nothing I could do, seems you cant attack your own guards or fire them, but they can push their boss around :confused:

weston_19
11-08-2012, 07:16 AM
I had constant issues in new york were i was incognito and would be completly low profile, when somehow every redcoat felt the urge to kill me. I constantly was under attack for no apperent reason. It usually happened in areas were a large concentration of soldiers were, making my escape very difficult as every unit arcitype was usually there. If im incognito, why are enemies attacking me for no apperent reason? This was seemingly random as in other times they left me alone completely as they should, im incognito after all.

lodylody
11-08-2012, 08:26 AM
What I meant is you saved the patriots many times so they have no right to kill you.
They're still Templars, and Connor has done a LOT of things to the Templars ;)

WilderaWild
11-09-2012, 02:23 PM
They're still Templars, and Connor has done a LOT of things to the Templars ;)

Im talking about the non-patriot Templars....

Gianavel
11-09-2012, 04:17 PM
I had constant issues in new york were i was incognito and would be completly low profile, when somehow every redcoat felt the urge to kill me. I constantly was under attack for no apperent reason. It usually happened in areas were a large concentration of soldiers were, making my escape very difficult as every unit arcitype was usually there. If im incognito, why are enemies attacking me for no apperent reason? This was seemingly random as in other times they left me alone completely as they should, im incognito after all.

That happened to me several times, as well, mostly in the burned out section of the city. Generally it would happen if I walked out of the doorway/window of a burned out building, or up a side alley, and came out right next to a group of guards. I figured doing that would spook them, and they'd attack. If I walked down the same street in front of the guards, they were fine with me passing by.

WarriorAegis
11-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I find some of these hilarious because of glitches but yeah I get you. I liberated this fort and I usually fast travel to it when I have to get to place near it, so I do and no one bothers me, it's like, "Hey Connor, how you doing? Come in, grab a seat!" so then I go out of the fort and for some reason at the same place, same guys, are standing in formation, and I don't even notice a red or yellow triangle, and they shoot and bam they attack me like I wad doing something wrong and it takes me FOREVER to run them off. That's the only complain I have and yeah some places around the game that do the same crap that they go nuts on me and try to kill me... but eh, you're an assassin... obviously you are gonna get attacked...

Actually, I was only attacked in a liberated fort when a Courier appeared. I was picking a lock to a chest (and it was taking me a HALF HOUR. -_-) and suddenly, the patriots attacked me! O_o Then, I understood... they thought I was chasing the Courier.

Buggy!

Sandcracka
01-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Better yet, I was in the Boston underground, and all of the Patriots I ran into down there kept yelling at me like I was on a rooftop. They would say things like "get down" or "down or I'll shoot". Lol I thought I was in a basement?

montagemik
01-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Im talking about the non-patriot Templars....

They're American patriots
You're an obvious Native American Assassin with a Bow / quiver & Tomahawk on your belt .

Check the history books concerning those two groups of people . Even before washington decided to screw em over . Mystery solved.

Assassin_M
02-01-2013, 10:07 AM
They're American patriots
You're an obvious Native American Assassin with a Bow / quiver & Tomahawk on your belt .

Check the history books concerning those two groups of people . Even before washington decided to screw em over . Mystery solved.
Shhh... don't wake him up from his dandy dream that the colonists always loved and tolerated the Natives...

mgdiock
02-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Shhh... don't wake him up from his dandy dream that the colonists always loved and tolerated the Natives...

That doesn't make sense with the storyline. Connor is Connor precisely because he is trying to pass himself off as something besides Iroquois. His hood and garb is fringed like that of a Patriot. I agree that the liberation of the Fort by Connor should make you impervious to attack in that zone. My gut feel is Ubi intended to do this originally, but ran out of time. This is just another example of where the game feels unfinished.

montagemik
02-01-2013, 04:54 PM
That doesn't make sense with the storyline. Connor is Connor precisely because he is trying to pass himself off as something besides Iroquois. His hood and garb is fringed like that of a Patriot. I agree that the liberation of the Fort by Connor should make you impervious to attack in that zone. My gut feel is Ubi intended to do this originally, but ran out of time. This is just another example of where the game feels unfinished.

Connor went by the NAME of Connor - To attract less attention to any actions he might take part in . .............example - He slaps a few redcoats around or ask a few questions in the wrong area - Incidents reported by most nearby witnesses are a dark skinned man in a hood named Connor was causing trouble ............So the authorities or Templars don't automatically go looking for a NATIVE do they ??
If he tells everyone he's called Rata..........whatever (lol ) it's pretty obvious the redcoats or Templars go looking for a Native or take retribution on the local tribe .

And the Hood (tanned/bleached buck skin ) Is clearly of native design not patriot - complete with native Eagle symbol ..............& as mentioned - when up close ,His weapons & personal appearance are clearly Native for the most part .
Crafted & embroidered Quiver complete with eagle feather decoration ...........Tomahawk = native decorations ............Bow = Native design , Not western or european design . Boots = Native animal hide .

Just how many Patriots do you see ingame wearing anything similar to connor ?? .............The outfit is based over a european Coat & that's where any remotely Patriot influence ends.

Assassin_M
02-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Your Gut`s just hungry

Jmajick
02-05-2013, 06:26 AM
i'm having the same problem with picking locks for some reason they won't open, is it a glitch or do you have to spend a half hour at every treasure to get the things open

ZerOtodona
02-05-2013, 10:07 PM

Lol, no offense, but it's against the Templars and British Connor is fighting. Though it bother me that you takeover a fort and the Yanks starting killing you.

Lupercus50
02-06-2013, 03:20 PM
I got so fed up being rifle butted after liberating a fort I now kill all those who replaced the red coats, everywhere I travel both sides get it, notoriety is a joke in this game.

Carmiel
02-09-2013, 07:07 AM
hahahaha that's never happened to me but that's pretty funny you just made my day

Carmiel
02-09-2013, 07:09 AM
they will attack you if you try picking a lock with them guarding it, but as for the locks sometimes they are just a ***** to open. Just move slowly and you'll get it eventually

i'm having the same problem with picking locks for some reason they won't open, is it a glitch or do you have to spend a half hour at every treasure to get the things open