PDA

View Full Version : A couple combat questions

BustinONyoFACE
11-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Hey, I'm having trouble silently killing a guard or an enemy silently and without notice. How do I take someone out without alerting the surroundings?

Also, how do i pull an enemy toward me when I am for example hanging off the side of the boat and want to throw him off? How do I pull him into the haystack with me?

New to AC, not very caught up on the controls yet. Thanks for the help

naran6142
11-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Hey, I'm having trouble silently killing a guard or an enemy silently and without notice. How do I take someone out without alerting the surroundings?

Also, how do i pull an enemy toward me when I am for example hanging off the side of the boat and want to throw him off? How do I pull him into the haystack with me?

New to AC, not very caught up on the controls yet. Thanks for the help

im on ps3 soo...

1 - with hidden blade or fists, just press square, dont press R1
2 - when he gets close the where you are press square, without R1 or you kill him by jumping over the ledge
3 - same as above

if youve placed the other game these controls are explained in greater detail :)

bart578
11-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Silent killing just stand somewhere behind the victim and equip the hidden blades. Have a look see if any red dots are approaching.....then walk up to victim and press square on the PS3 stab him and walk away, by the time he hits the deck you will be far enough away so no one notices....it's a cool thing to do. You can also get two guards at the same time using this method.

Not sure how you pull enemys towards you from the side of a ship, but if you hide in a haystack or waggon filled with hay and a guard walks past just press square and Connor grabs the victim and gives him the hidden blade treatment and draggs him into the hay bale with him. Then just jump out when no one looking.....cool :)

Saqaliba
11-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Stealth can be utilized well in this game. When you get your first Recruit he has the ability to cause a Riot. This essentially creates a diversion, so that it takes heaps of guards attention away from your actions. Using this plus a 'low profile' unarmed kill from wall cover is the best way to silently take a guard down.

Another really great way to take a guard down (without even touching him) is to plant a trip-wire bomb in an alley near-by your target, then take walk cover and whistle to lure him towards your bomb. Then move away to the next corner and whistle until boom. This explosion will then lure guards within earshot to the location and you can keep luring them into your trap.

Anyone know if smoke bombs work as a distraction? What about civilians that have been strangled? Do they work as a distraction?