PDA

View Full Version : Pivot Theories *SPOILERS*

lodylody
11-06-2012, 08:38 AM
I think that the voice you can hear is Erudito, hacking into the Animus, because Abstergo have uploaded his memories as they have Aveline's, but like Aveline's, removed the parts of it which make the Templars look bad...

Erudito is hacking into Desmond's Animus to access the other memories, to show people the truth. Hence the elation in his voice when you find all of them, and it's uploaded to the Cloud (of Abstergo).

All this screams out AC4...

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 09:12 AM
I actually did think this as well and I'm actually personally really surprised that (So far apparently) nobody else has guessed this or speculated more on the mysterious voice in the epilogue. I do think Erudito would be the only person possible of hacking the animus save for Clay and Rebecca.

Though I personally think he's speaking to AC4's protagionist (Assuming of course that Ubisoft doesn't retcon about AC3 being Desmond's last game). Does anyone know if Erudito plays any other role in Liberation, save for the stuff we've already been told? Does he talk to the player?

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Erudito has some stuff in AC3 MP

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Can... you elaborate?

brefcourte
11-06-2012, 11:15 AM
i hardly believe ubisoft knows right know, whats the hidden sense behind hacking and the identity of the unknown voice.

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Can... you elaborate?

As you level up in MP, you unlock videos and slides, just like ACR. Some (or all) of them have to do with Erudito. I haven't got the game yet, so I wouldn't know. But I saw the ending at a fiend's house and like you, I put two and two together and came to the conclusion that guy may well be Erudito. :D

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 01:06 PM
i hardly believe ubisoft knows right know, whats the hidden sense behind hacking and the identity of the unknown voice.

... You're joking right? Considering all the work and effort put into the storyline that revolves around Desmond and his ancestors and the First Civ, let alone the AC Universe and everyone else it in, there is no way in HELL they haven't prethought and preplanned things to some extent.

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 01:11 PM
... You're joking right? Considering all the work and effort put into the storyline that revolves around Desmond and his ancestors and the First Civ, let alone the AC Universe and everyone else it in, there is no way in HELL they haven't prethought and preplanned things to some extent.

People are confused right now, but I do feel they have planned out the broad storyline. Corey May wrote AC III, he has been there since AC I. Some things may change in between, (as is the case with every long-running story) but the broad sketch is planned. If they forgot Eve they wouldn't mention her again in Liberation would they. If they forgot Erudito they wouldn't bring him up in MP..

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
People are confused right now, but I do feel they have planned out the broad storyline. Corey May wrote AC III, he has been there since AC I. Some things may change in between, (as is the case with every long-running story) but the broad sketch is planned. If they forgot Eve they wouldn't mention her again in Liberation would they. If they forgot Erudito they wouldn't bring him up in MP..

Exactly! I think a lot of people forgot that AC3 would be the end of Desmond's story, not the the end of AC in general.

brefcourte
11-06-2012, 02:18 PM
i don't think so. we have seen 5 games with open endings and hilarious plot twists which to a high percentage have never been resolved. every promise of mistery-clarification by the devs has been broken to some extend. we have seen other franchises like x-files or lost, making lots of money with this working concept.

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 02:33 PM
i don't think so. we have seen 5 games with open endings and hilarious plot twists which to a high percentage have never been resolved. every promise of mistery-clarification by the devs has been broken to some extend. we have seen other franchises like x-files or lost, making lots of money with this working concept.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

When you make a series that you intend to be a large series, you have to make a base plot line that you'll stick to. In this case, reliving his ancestors memories to save the world. SMART people KNOW to leave the endings of each installment ambigious enough to not only carry onto the next installment, but also to be able to cancel the series if need be and let the players decide for themselves what happens next.

And also, the point of plot twists that don't get resolved or mysteries that aren't clarified is that either A) Eventually will be, or B) The creators want the players/readers/particpants to decide what happens for themselves. In all honesty, that's half the fun of AC, speculating.

zerocooll21
11-06-2012, 04:32 PM
has anyone completed the pivots? wtf are you suppose to do?

Apirka
11-06-2012, 04:37 PM
has anyone completed the pivots? wtf are you suppose to do?

Yep. You plant them on the map as the tutorial shows you and then move Connor to make the green field (in which the Pivot you're searching for lies), smaller and smaller, by planting them n his new position. Eventually you'll have a small enough field to search for the Pivot for -- looks just the same as the ones you planted. Run into it to collect it and then go search for the next one. the more you have, the easier it gets to search.

zerocooll21
11-06-2012, 04:40 PM
what is a pivot? What does it look like? That tutorial didn't explain sheet lol. What is the point/objective? Thanks

Apirka
11-06-2012, 05:24 PM
what is a pivot? What does it look like? That tutorial didn't explain sheet lol. What is the point/objective? Thanks

If you open your map, go upwards to Animus Synching, then right and choose the option that lets you view the map again (since I'm "synchronized", i can't check what it was called...). There, you can plant the "Pivots" at the same point where Connor is, which on the map appears as a ! in a circle. That should make the whole map green. Then you exit the map and you should see something next to Connor that looks like someone folded glowing blue paper into some animal. That's the Pivot you planted. Now you go somewhere else, and plant another Pivot, same way as above -- that should make the green field smaller. You keep doing that until the green field is small enough that you can search for the Pivot that is somewhere in that region -- looks exactly like the ones you planted and can be anywhere within the green field. Then you just collect it by running into it.

Collecting a Pivot gives you so called Animus Hacks (aka cheats, like having infinite ammo, being invincible, changing weather at will or having thunder and lightning whenever you assassinate someone). Once you've got all of them, the guy from the tutorial will talk about how you're synched wih the Cloud.

zerocooll21
11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Need! I'll have to revisit :D

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I do believe someone mentioned 'The Cloud' as well in Liberation, something about uploading it to Abstergo's cloud or network or something?

VEGAS, BABY! VEGAS!

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Are there any decent liberation walkthroughs on YouTube yet? Gotta watch them :S

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Depends on your defination of 'decent'. There are a few good quality walkthroughs started, but the uploaders have barely made it past Memory 1. I do believe there is ONE person who has finished the game and uploaded it, but if I remember right, he was recording from a the outside with a video camera, as opposed to recording the internal gameplay,so there's a lot of conflicting noise, lighting issues, etc.

On an unrelated topic, even though thye have MAYBE 15 minutes of ineraction time, I officially ship ConnorXAveline. That is all.

deskp
11-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Depends on your defination of 'decent'. There are a few good quality walkthroughs started, but the uploaders have barely made it past Memory 1. I do believe there is ONE person who has finished the game and uploaded it, but if I remember right, he was recording from a the outside with a video camera, as opposed to recording the internal gameplay,so there's a lot of conflicting noise, lighting issues, etc.

On an unrelated topic, even though thye have MAYBE 15 minutes of ineraction time, I officially ship ConnorXAveline. That is all.

The PS VITA doesen't have a publicly released solution for recording direct footage, sony doesen't even give it to video game websites..

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Oh you silly person, relying on Sony. That's what third parties and hackers are for silly.

SH4RPIE2011
11-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Who the hell is Erudito

LilyasAvalon
11-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Erudito is kind of like the Assassin's Creed Universe's version of Annoymous. Erudito is either a single person or a collective group, of hackers whose only goal seem to be to directly oppose Abstergo Industries and let the truth be known. They were a major part in Project Legacy, the AC Facebook game, attempting to turn Abstergo's own recruits against them by showing them 'the truth'. They did the same thing in AC: Liberation, because Aveline's memories had actually been altered by Abstergo to cut out or essentially rewrite anything that made the templars look 'bad', so Edurito contacted the player and undid what Abstergo had done to show them 'the truth'. They did the same thing in AC3's multiplayer, hacking into the videos of Abstergo to show the player the 'truth' behind the videosm the lies. It's also a strong possibility they are the mysterious voice we hear after the epilogue, regarding the pivots.

In AC:B, Desmond also recieves an email from them, containing the passwords to Lucy, Shaun and Rebecca's emails, so I don't think they are working WITH the assassins.

zerocooll21
11-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Interesting. So how did it work in AC:L? Did you play a sequence then after it rewinds to show you the truth?

LilyasAvalon
11-08-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm not getting the game for another 3 weeks, so I can't speak personally, nor has anyone posted a decent video yet. But from what I can gather, the cutscenes will seem... off. Bits have been 'rewritten' or cut out altogether. It IS a templar propaganda tool after all.

After the scene plays out, you recieve an email or voice mail from Erudito. He'll instruct you to seek out and kill Citizen E or C. After said Citizen is killed, the cutscene plays again, this time showing you what REALLY happened. In computer terms, he's hacked the game but still needs you to... 'authorise' his hack. It's similar to what he does in the epilogue, with the pivots.

zerocooll21
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM
gotcha. Neeto!