PDA

View Full Version : Bringing New Orleans to AC III *no spoilers please*

TlNSTAAFL
11-06-2012, 06:20 AM
The title blatantly says it all. I've been discussing with my fiancee on how well this could be received as DLC, and she seems to be overjoyed by the thought of it. Since we don't have a Vita, but both love the city of new orleans. I thought it'd be a good oppurtunity to visit Liberation's playing area, but bringing it into HD format. Seeing as how Liberation received crap review scores due to it's frame-rate, and disappointment about not having origins to the protagonist of AC: Liberation, the DLC could be a good way to solve both issues to it's handheld counterpart.

So, do you guys like the idea?

For those that own a AC:Liberation, would this DLC be worth it to you?

And I'm almost certain we'll have another city eventually tagged on to AC III, due to them cutting out Philidelphia. If not New Orleans, where else would you like to visit? (anyone else interested in taking a trip with Benjamin Franklin to London?)

blacklimoband
11-06-2012, 06:29 AM
New Orleans would be epic :) I would love to use one of those "Gator" cannons that Johnny Horton was goin' on about..... (joke BTW)... The Battle of New Orleans would be an awesome DLC.

TlNSTAAFL
11-06-2012, 09:24 PM
New Orleans would be epic :) I would love to use one of those "Gator" cannons that Johnny Horton was goin' on about..... (joke BTW)... The Battle of New Orleans would be an awesome DLC.
Johnny who? xD
Seeing as how New Orleans was the largest city of that time, im surprised it wasn't in the main game.

Sackprince
11-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Johnny who? xD
Seeing as how New Orleans was the largest city of that time, im surprised it wasn't in the main game.

its ACII all over again:p

TlNSTAAFL
11-06-2012, 10:34 PM
its ACII all over again:p
Quite; but I'd rather them not make a whole seperate game concerning just one city. The ones that they do that way; usually feel half-assed.

TlNSTAAFL
11-07-2012, 03:18 AM
bump

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 07:15 PM
bump

MRNMRSPACER
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM
mhmmmmmmmmmm i would love it

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Liberation has a fine framerate and Avelines origins are in text.

To bring New Orleans to AC3 they would have to make it much much larger.

I vote nay. If they bring it to consoles, they should make a new game.
What about a game that has the cities being New Orleans + France?

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Liberation has a fine framerate and Avelines origins are in text.

To bring New Orleans to AC3 they would have to make it much much larger.

I vote nay. If they bring it to consoles, they should make a new game.
What about a game that has the cities being New Orleans + France?
Tell that to IGN. Unfortunately, right now, I believe them. I had high hopes for the game too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEbkh32LZ8w

I'm not aware of how large New Orleans is, but considering it takes up majority of Liberation's game, I'm sure it isn't all that small.
While I'd love to go to France in DLC, I'd much rather them make an entire game of the city then just slap it on as DLC.

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 07:47 PM
I have Liberation and I finished it. It's framerate is fine.

And it's a small city. To give an idea, there are only 11 viewpoints

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Tell that to IGN. Unfortunately, right now, I believe them. I had high hopes for the game too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEbkh32LZ8w

I'm not aware of how large New Orleans is, but considering it takes up majority of Liberation's game, I'm sure it isn't all that small.
While I'd love to go to France in DLC, I'd much rather them make an entire game of the city then just slap it on as DLC.
I said no to a Dlc anyway.. i said Id rather have them make a game with New Orleans ane Paris.

dewgel
11-11-2012, 07:52 PM
bump

If no one replied to it in the first place there was no need to triple post with bumps several hours later.

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Only being 11 viewpoints might make it just the right size to be implemented, while giving us the oppurtunity of acquiring more cities to AC III. If not, I do agree it should be expanded. :3

So, are you interested in a new town to be included in AC III? If so, what?

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 07:56 PM
The only thing I think DLC should add are costumes, missions, and naval free roam.

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 07:56 PM
If no one replied to it in the first place there was no need to triple post with bumps several hours later.
how else am I to get a response? I'm not the kind of guy that lets threads die because it doesn't have people posting on it during a specific time.

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 07:57 PM
The only thing I think DLC should add are costumes, missions, and naval free roam.

So no city to replace Philidelphia? The game has more potential than just small implements.

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 08:00 PM
If they add another city in a DLC, it'll cost a lot.

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 08:03 PM
If they add another city in a DLC, it'll cost a lot.

So you don't support this because of price issues? @.@
Seeing as how they removed the city of Phili from the game, which I'm sure was around as big as the other two cities, I don't see why they'd charge a whole lot. (no more than around 10-15 dollars). It would be compinsation for removing the former city.

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 08:06 PM
They removed philly because of limitations of the hardware.

And DLC with a city would be 20-30 dollars because of the resources it takes to make it.

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 08:16 PM
They removed Phili because it was uninteresting
"When we started out, Philly was one of the cities that we wanted to do. In the end, we decided against it, 'cause when we mocked it up – as you know, being from Philly, it's an architecturally designed city, so it's on a grid. Which at first we thought would be cool – the first city in AC to be designed on a grid – and then you realize ..." Hutchinson said. His colleague picked up after him.
"Well it's on a grid and it's flat, and the avenues are super large. So that's like three things that made us say it doesn't work in an open world."

I don't know where you got your source of information. @.@

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Lol. Nope. It's limited by the engine because its on a grid. The hardware can't handle seeing down long avenues of a heavily detailed city because of the aged graphics processors in consoles. It's not because it would be boring.

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Regardless, a dlc city is a bad idea because... ?

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Regardless, a dlc city is a bad idea because... ?
Because they`re already working on a Patch, 5 DLCs and the next game:)

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 08:26 PM
So we know what these 5 DLC's are going to consist of?
I hope this patch comes out soon. Do we know if this patch will just fix glitches, or add to the game as well?
I also wasn't aware that they already stated a total number of DLCs this game would have.

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 08:26 PM
They're already spreading their resources thin. Spreading them too thin is really bad.

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 08:30 PM
So we know what these 5 DLC's are going to consist of?
I hope this patch comes out soon. Do we know if this patch will just fix glitches, or add to the game as well?
I also wasn't aware that they already stated a total number of DLCs this game would have.
The 5 DLCs consist of 2 Multiplayer packs and the 3 episodes of the Tyranny of King Washington.

The Patch will most likely just fix bugs. You can expect additions from the Tyranny of Washington....