PDA

View Full Version : Best moment in Assassin's Creed III free-roaming. (No Plot Spoilers)

clerg
11-06-2012, 04:10 AM
One time there were two red coats having a conversation and walking through the forest. I started stalking them using the trees. They both stopped walking and faced each other, still talking. I drew my bow and took one of them out with an arrow. When the second one bent down to check on his comrade, a bobcat came out of nowhere and killed him! I then air assassinated the bobcat and it was all over. It's random moments like this that make free-roam, sandbox games fun as shyte. I can't count how many times I've laughed out loud from witnessing awesomeness in this game.

Assassin_M
11-06-2012, 04:14 AM
The Homestead. The detail is mind blowing..

clerg
11-06-2012, 04:54 AM
I know! I couldn't figure anything out the first couple times I played because everything is sooooo detailed. I was just walking around with my jaw dropped trying to take it all in.

Assassin_M
11-06-2012, 04:58 AM
I know! I couldn't figure anything out the first couple times I played because everything is sooooo detailed. I was just walking around with my jaw dropped trying to take it all in.
Indeed..

I could spend hours upon hours just walking around the place watching everyone go through their daily activities. Its never the same each time..

rmhosa
11-06-2012, 05:01 AM
I think my best moment is when I was stalking a guy just outside the property of the homestead. I got him all alone near a corner made by a rock formation and I wheeled him in with my rope dart. He got stuck in a tree. TO THIS DAY EVERY TIME HE SPAWNS HE SPAWNS IN THIS TREE. He can't detect me, at least. But still, it's funny.

JonnyisNQ
11-06-2012, 05:06 AM
A small tip, try to get full notoriety in the frontier, this will cause the Jagers to spawn everywhere you are, so if you go all the way up to cougar territory and just sit in a tree or a bush, within minutes the place will be swarming with Jagers, and lets just say the cougars aren't to happy lol, sat in a tree for about half an hour today just watching the Jagers try to fend of cougars and bears, I'v even saw an elk kill a redcoat before, its all these random events in this game that make it feel alive to me, the frontier truly is sublime.

SplasH-PuLs3z
11-06-2012, 05:24 AM
My favorite moment (yet) was in the frontier, i was going up a cliff and the second i got up the cliff there was a bobcat waiting for me he growled and smacked be down to my death ;)

Was hillarious

rileypoole1234
11-06-2012, 05:27 AM
When I was free roaming and I thought, "this map is huge!"

Then I realised I was only in the Homestead and I hadn't even really explored the Frontier yet.

UtilityTortoise
11-06-2012, 05:31 AM
A redcoat got mauled by a bobcat while I was just sitting high in a tree watching him die. Thought that was pretty cool. I also liked just roaming around in the trees and coming across elk fighting each other.

blacklimoband
11-06-2012, 05:53 AM
One time there were two red coats having a conversation and walking through the forest. I started stalking them using the trees. They both stopped walking and faced each other, still talking. I drew my bow and took one of them out with an arrow. When the second one bent down to check on his comrade, a bobcat came out of nowhere and killed him! I then air assassinated the bobcat and it was all over. It's random moments like this that make free-roam, sandbox games fun as shyte. I can't count how many times I've laughed out loud from witnessing awesomeness in this game.

This is so cool... I was stalking a bobcat in the frontier (I heard it's growl thingy that it does and hid in the long grass) and out of nowhere 2 lobsterbacks show up, so I waited for an opportunity to strike at them, forgetting my intended prey, just as I stood up and put an arrow in one, the other one gets ganked by the bobcat, *ding* achievement pops.... then I nailed the bobcat before it could pounce on me.

Another time roaming frontier last night collecting feathers/chests etc I almost walked straight into a patrol (six normal redcoats, 2 skirt wearers and the dude with the funny hat)... hid behind a tree until they went past then stepped out behind them and started the moving assassinations. Killed all 6 of the regulars guys (last 2 were a running assassination) before they got organized and fought back. The guy with the hat tries to shoot me while I'm wrestling with a skirt wearer... one meat-shield later and I was splitting that hat with my tomahawk... the last skirt put up a pretty good fight but the outcome was inevitable. I love the new combat system :D

kriegerdesgottes
11-06-2012, 05:57 AM

Yeah I agree. That is how it was for me as well. It's downright overwhelming when you look at your map when you first start the game and you get this sense of not having any clue where to start. And as you progress through the game you start to realize that what is on your map isn't even the half of what the game has to offer. I love the game more and more the more I play it especially now that I have my Achillies outfit. When they fix that hoody glitch the game will be borderline perfect in my eyes.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Some of my favorite moments was when I first got to Boston and was like "WHOAAAA! This place feels so much more...ALIVE than the previous games." Then I was like "ANIMALS! Dogs, cats, rats, chickens, pigs, and turkeys! And in the prontier there are wolves and deer! So many animals!" Then I got to the Frontier and was like "OH MY GOD THIS PLACE IS HUGE! OH MY GOD ******S! BOBCATS! COUGARS! ....OH. MY. GOD. BUNNIES! ELK! DEER!"

....and that was the Homestead.

(x
One of my favorite moments is similar to another person's: I was climbing a cliff and got to the top and a cougar attacked me but when I did the quicktime event and pushed it to the ground and stabbed it, it fell off the cliff.

Another was when I saw two Elk locking horns...this game series is so amazing haha.

Wow....guess I can't say b e a v e r on here. Really? It's an animal...sorry that things sometimes have a sexual or negative connotation such as 'D i c k' -- it's a name. Sheesh.

blacklimoband
11-06-2012, 06:07 AM
Agreed. The devs put so much time and effort into bringing this world to life. Sure there are bugs and glitches, that's to be expected with a new game engine, but those things can be patched. People are losing sight of the fact that there is so much to see and do (I could spend hours just interacting with the domestic animals, and exploring).

The things that would really improve this out of sight for me would be Naval free roaming, and dumping that stupid 100% crap they introduced in ACB. One should not feel restricted in how they approach a mission.

Silhouelle
11-06-2012, 10:09 AM
I threw on the soundtrack to the Last of the Mohicans. Ran about the frontier to the awesome music, killed a redcoat convoy to the 'siege' track and then chased an Elk with a Musket. Shot it once, it fled, I followed for a good 2-3min, eventually it crossed a small stream. I stopped before reaching it, took aim and shot. Then crossed over to go skin it. I couldn't have planned a better "tie in" with the music. ^_^

blacklimoband
11-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Somehow... I have no idea how... I managed to run down an Elk and kill it with my hidden blade tonight when it stopped at a fallen log.... must've thought it was a horse...

ProdiGurl
11-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah I agree. That is how it was for me as well. It's downright overwhelming when you look at your map when you first start the game and you get this sense of not having any clue where to start. And as you progress through the game you start to realize that what is on your map isn't even the half of what the game has to offer. I love the game more and more the more I play it especially now that I have my Achillies outfit. When they fix that hoody glitch the game will be borderline perfect in my eyes.

That's how it is for me too. There's more and more I'm loving each sequence. Can't wait to see NY.

TeamCoby
11-06-2012, 06:06 PM
One time in the frontier, I watched an entire camp of Redcoats be taken down by a bobcat. They were slowly picked off, one by one.

CalgaryJay
11-06-2012, 06:21 PM
The Homestead. The detail is mind blowing..

This, that's probably my favourite area in the whole game.

When I did that underground mine Homestead mission for Norris and walked by the waterfall for the first time, that misty rainbow at the top literally made my jaw drop.

The missions there are surprisingly fun too, love that whole area.

luckyto
11-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Last night, I was walking along one of the dirt paths in the Frontier and entire enemy convoy popped up. I was able to get out of sight, make it into the trees. Took one out with a poison dart and then aerial killed two more before they saw me. And finally got to loot the convoy. I've been playing for almost 30 hours and had no idea there were convoys. It was such an awesome surprise.

Great stuff about the cougars and Redcoats, I've got to witness that! That's brilliant.

pacmanate
11-06-2012, 08:59 PM
My favourite part happened yesterday. I attacked a bear, it went into QT, then it drowned :P

Dagio12
11-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Yes, its simply awesome. My favorite little frontier moment was when i was approaching a fort ( the same fort from the E3 demo) and i was walking up the hill where a guard happened to have caught a glimpse of me. I managed to hide in a bush behind a tree as I watched him approach my location to investigate. Next thing I know, I hear a mountain lion roar and watch as this cat runs up and pounces on the guard and runs off into the bushes. So I get out of hiding and make my way towards the fort again when two more guards make there way towards me, see me, and come up to investigate. Again, I take to hiding and what do you know, my trusty mountain lion friend is back on the prowl. I got to watch both guards defend themselves against this beast only to meet there doom. It was spectacular.

Saqaliba
11-07-2012, 12:28 AM
I could spend hours upon hours just walking around the place watching everyone go through their daily activities. Its never the same each time..

Their daily routines are actually apart of a mission you can complete. You receive it from Achilles as apart of the homestead missions. It is called Encyclopedia of the Common Man. When you see one of your homesteaders doing a new activity use Eagle Vision and if they are yellow it means you can document their chore. Use precision aim (L1/LB) on them and Connor will add their activity to his Encyclopedia. Pretty Cool huh!

For example, Myriam roasting a rabbit, or Prudence watering the garden etc.

NinjaOnFire
11-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Watching whole groups of guards get taken out by a single wolf then try to blame it on me. That wolf suffered for stealing my (well.... the guards...) blood.

Assassin_M
11-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Their daily routines are actually apart of a mission you can complete. You receive it from Achilles as apart of the homestead missions. It is called Encyclopedia of the Common Man. When you see one of your homesteaders doing a new activity use Eagle Vision and if they are yellow it means you can document their chore. Use precision aim (L1/LB) on them and Connor will add their activity to his Encyclopedia. Pretty Cool huh!

For example, Myriam roasting a rabbit, or Prudence watering the garden etc.
Yeah. I was actually worried that after finishing that quest, they`d stop doing these daily activities, but I`m glad that was not the case..

Saqaliba
11-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Yeah. I was actually worried that after finishing that quest, they`d stop doing these daily activities, but I`m glad that was not the case..

Can't let a Revolution get in the way of the daily grind. :D

Assassin_M
11-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Can't let a Revolution get in the way of the daily grind. :D
Indeed..

Kestrel_OvO
11-07-2012, 01:39 AM
I placed bait behind a guard standing on the edge of a cliff and an elk came along and rammed him off the cliff.

TrueAssassin77
11-07-2012, 01:41 AM
Yes, its simply awesome. My favorite little frontier moment was when i was approaching a fort ( the same fort from the E3 demo) and i was walking up the hill where a guard happened to have caught a glimpse of me. I managed to hide in a bush behind a tree as I watched him approach my location to investigate. Next thing I know, I hear a mountain lion roar and watch as this cat runs up and pounces on the guard and runs off into the bushes. So I get out of hiding and make my way towards the fort again when two more guards make there way towards me, see me, and come up to investigate. Again, I take to hiding and what do you know, my trusty mountain lion friend is back on the prowl. I got to watch both guards defend themselves against this beast only to meet there doom. It was spectacular.

im jealous

NinjaOnFire
11-07-2012, 01:54 AM
I placed bait behind a guard standing on the edge of a cliff and an elk came along and rammed him off the cliff.

http://newnation.sg/wp-content/uploads/07-so-much-win.jpg

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi guys, as this has spoilers in I'm moving it to hints and tips. Thanks for adding the spoiler tag.

Blind2Society
11-08-2012, 11:48 AM
I like watching the animals interact with each other. Male Elk battling, bear cubs play fighting, wolves on cliff tops howling, predator - prey events, etc.

Powawolf
11-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Hanging People on trees.

shyanhodjat
11-08-2012, 04:37 PM
the best part i've encountered was after you leave your village and you're making your way to the Homestead in sequence 4. I was admiring the detail in the game and as if out of nowhere a cougar leapt right onto me! That was the first time when I was exploring and a predator attacked me. It was then when I realised that this game... will be the best game I will ever play.

Kestrel_OvO
11-09-2012, 11:38 PM
So I was doing the Bobcat Hunting Society mission last night and two bobcats played me for a fool. I started chasing one, and little did I know, it was luring me to a trap. As I got close to it another bobcat appeared and caught me off guard.

Animals, 'nuff said!