PDA

View Full Version : Confusion about the ending (Spoilers)

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 03:57 AM
No, this isn't a bash thread, if you're here to do that, get out.

Okay, so I understand the device in the end could only be activated by Desmond, because of the high concentration of the first civilization DNA in him.

But I'm curious as to something Minerva said. She got clearly angry at the Desmond, at the assassins, for wasting so much time, centuries, between them and the templars instead of 'continuing her and Jupiter's research'. If this is what she wished for, why reach out to Desmond SPECIFICALLY? At the end of AC2, she speaks to Desmond through Ezio BY NAME, Jupiter does the same thing at the end of Revelations and Juno does it at the end of AC:B and in AC3.

If the intended to NOT have Desmond use the device because it would free Juno and only wished for them to continue their research in hopes of finding another way, WHY continue to reach out SPECIFICALLY to Desmond? If the goal was research to find another way, wouldn't anyone who had access to both the Apple and the Amulet do?

Layytez
11-06-2012, 04:00 AM
If Juno was really dead all Desmond would have to do is finish The Eye and he would be able to save the world without Juno being released. Because she interveened with the device he had no time left to correct it/fix the remains of The Eye.

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 04:03 AM
Why would Desmond have to be the one to continue the research though? As I understand it, High Concentration of first civ DNA was required to ACTIVATE it, not finish/fix it. And even if it was there must have been SOMEONE else throughout history who could've finished the work.

Layytez
11-06-2012, 04:04 AM
Watch the ending again. Minerva hoped that Desmond would finish their work.

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 04:08 AM
I didn't think she meant Desmond specifically. After all, she did say they wasted centuries instead of continuing their work. Desmond has only been around over 20 years or so.

Layytez
11-06-2012, 04:15 AM
If Desmond entered the Temple before Juno had planned he would have had enough time to finish it. She couldn't have meat centuries to finish it because if that was the case she would have told Altair or Ezio to do it and let Desmond activate it.

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 04:23 AM
That's what I'm getting at, the way she spoke she sounded angry at the ASSASSINS in general, not just Desmond, for wasting time what could've been speant repair/fixing the pedestal. But if that was the case, why DIDN'T they just tell Altair or Ezio or Connor? WHY reach out to Desmond?

Davidshiff
11-06-2012, 04:24 AM
something tells me there will be more than one ending... that may require the season pass, and additional side quests to finish it. But then I cannot devine their intent. I just have issues with Connor getting stuck in places and having to restart the memory all over again... I have found a number of bugs in the game that cause me to have to do this... I finished it this evening, and I still have not mastered all the moves of combo kills and combo counters...

Ah well,, I still love the game.. although there could have been more to the ending... not as bad as what I have heard ME3 being... but still this had the least enjoyable ending out of the entire series... (so far)

Layytez
11-06-2012, 04:26 AM
That's what I'm getting at, the way she spoke she sounded angry at the ASSASSINS in general, not just Desmond, for wasting time what could've been speant repair/fixing the pedestal. But if that was the case, why DIDN'T they just tell Altair or Ezio or Connor? WHY reach out to Desmond?

Her time calculations ? I don't know. The time she meant being wasted wasn't about the pedestal. It was about the world as a whole. If they had been working together it would be easier to fight against Juno.

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 04:27 AM
Do you mean like an extension or an expansion or something? That would be pretty cool, if we found out Desmond had indeed survived.

And yes, I agree, the ending was disappointing and confusing but people need to stop comparing it to ME3's. As someone who has devoted much love, time and effort into both series TRUST me on that one.

xray_4
11-06-2012, 08:05 AM
I think Desmond's dad was right and they were trying to tell them what to do but it was explaining astro physics to a 2 year old. Certainly one reason to reach out to Desmond personally was because he would be the one alive for the flare. Also Minerva's vision of the future was that the past would repeat itself again. This is the reason she was mad, it wasn't Desmond, assassin's, or templars but human''s in general. In all that time that past we hadn't changed and were still blind to the greater dangers. But even that wouldn't be as bad as releasing Juno or so she would have you think. To tell the truth I am disappointed that we didn't get a chance to choose which one to side with and that is what has me believing there will be for sure another game.

infamous_ezio
11-06-2012, 08:11 AM
No, this isn't a bash thread, if you're here to do that, get out.

Okay, so I understand the device in the end could only be activated by Desmond, because of the high concentration of the first civilization DNA in him.

But I'm curious as to something Minerva said. She got clearly angry at the Desmond, at the assassins, for wasting so much time, centuries, between them and the templars instead of 'continuing her and Jupiter's research'. If this is what she wished for, why reach out to Desmond SPECIFICALLY? At the end of AC2, she speaks to Desmond through Ezio BY NAME, Jupiter does the same thing at the end of Revelations and Juno does it at the end of AC:B and in AC3.

If the intended to NOT have Desmond use the device because it would free Juno and only wished for them to continue their research in hopes of finding another way, WHY continue to reach out SPECIFICALLY to Desmond? If the goal was research to find another way, wouldn't anyone who had access to both the Apple and the Amulet do?

Minerva and tinia sent the message to Desmond across time before they died, they had no idea that Juno lived, at the end minerva wanted to have one final glimpse to see desmond succeed, but when she got there, she realized juno was there... so there really wasn't anything that desmond do but suffer the consequences of wasting heaps of time rather then teaming up with the templars and saving the world. Juno needed them to be at that place at that exact point in time, hence the hole 72 thing in ACB, and the tetragrammaton on the door of the temple...

F4H bandicoot
11-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Juno wants them there at that specific moment so that releasing her is the only option, the whole reason Connor becomes an Assassin is to suit Juno's needs.
Minerva just states that if they weren't fighting and instead worked together to come up with someway to save the world, they'd have been better off, instead of course, this didn't happen so they had to use the Eye.
Juno was hidden too, Minerva did not know she was in there.

Black_Widow9
11-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D
Please make sure you posting in the correct Forum directed to you by the Sticky and Announcement if you are posting Spoilers.
AC Hints and Tips Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Minerva and tinia sent the message to Desmond across time before they died, they had no idea that Juno lived, at the end minerva wanted to have one final glimpse to see desmond succeed, but when she got there, she realized juno was there... so there really wasn't anything that desmond do but suffer the consequences of wasting heaps of time rather then teaming up with the templars and saving the world. Juno needed them to be at that place at that exact point in time, hence the hole 72 thing in ACB, and the tetragrammaton on the door of the temple...

OHHHH!!!! That makes a LOT more sense of a sudden. Poor Minerva though, makes you wonder what would've happened had Juno not decided to do the whole 'Let's take over the world' thing again.

Thank you also, kind moderator person, for moving my topic to the corrent place. :)

LOLIKONCIK
11-06-2012, 09:19 AM
I didn't think she meant Desmond specifically. After all, she did say they wasted centuries instead of continuing their work. Desmond has only been around over 20 years or so.

The reason Juno wanted him to go in at that moment was because Desmond only had a couple of hours to decide and wouldn't be able to make an alternate decision and formulate an idea to save the world by other means. If he knew the truth years prior, he might have been able to figure out another way. If you noticed, Desmond's Dad suggested that, but there was no time. Which is what Minerva meant by getting there earlier, but now that she found out that Juno was still alive, he had to make a choice between two options which both contained huge risks and consequences.

De Filosoof
11-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I have a question too.

Why would such intelligent and far superior beings even enslave humans(again)?
They would atleast learn from their previous mistakes wouldn't they?
If not than they are stupid beings, not intelligent at all.
If they were really that intelligent they would collaborate and learn humans how they should live to be truly at peace.

I'm sick of this "aliens" are bad cliche.
Especially in an AC game, because the storywriting was brilliant in previous games.

The modern-day ending feels like a rip-off from the movie prometheus now instead of a real original AC story.

NumberSix1967
11-06-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm afraid you're going to have to bite the bullet here and accept the plot hole. It's a nightmare but many of us are with you. We understand. Eventually the confusion and emotion will subside and you'll be free of the pain.

NumberSix1967
11-06-2012, 12:01 PM

If Minerva knew there was a way to stop a solar flare before she died...by way of a solar flare...why didn't she just go and press the button herself before her entire people were wiped out? Why send forward future messages/consciousness, and pin her hopes on a long-threadbare series of historical events. Also, if Jupiter and Minerva were specifically reaching out for Desmond in such a way, then why not take into consideration the idea that imprisoning Juno in the very temple that could save everyone was perhaps a bad idea?

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 12:07 PM
I have a question too.

If they were really that intelligent they would collaborate and learn humans how they should live to be truly at peace.

Why wouldn't they? Look at us humans, we have effectively enslaved other lesser races on Earth. If your computer rebels and runs away would you be friends with them or try to bring it back under your control. They have every reason to enslave humanity again. I saw this coming before ACIII.

Yes some would learn, others wouldn't. *shrugs* Its not that every TWCB were hell-bent on re-subjugating humanity.

Especially in an AC game, because the storywriting was brilliant in previous games.

The modern-day ending feels like a rip-off from the movie prometheus now instead of a real original AC story.

TWCB aren't aliens, they are as much earthlings as we humans, and that "bad cliche" has been there since AC II sooo...

creedalien
11-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I think the ending was great but sadly vidic died i liked the old man... :(

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I have a question too.

Why do the templars want to control humanity? Why did white men once believe he was superior to all others and denied them the same rights he had? Why does it continue to happen? Why was Altair unable to destroy the Apple like he originally intended? Power. Intelligence or not, it's not that difficult for someone to lose themselves to their lust and high for power and control. We also rarely learn from our mistakes saddly. If we did, there'd be a lot less wars that would've happened. I doubt that the First Civ was above this, even if they were, in our eyes, painted as Gods. And even Gods make mistakes, the Romans and the Greeks knew this.

Also, it's not that 'aliens are bad'. It's 'mortals are bad'. We, THEY, are slaves to base emotions, no matter how far we, they, advance.

ShrunkLawyer0
11-06-2012, 03:30 PM
**** the twcb no really if they were quote smart they would just executed juno and ensured she was dead then leave behind very detaled instructions as to what to do when the flair happened again not the criptic ****

F4H bandicoot
11-06-2012, 05:29 PM
**** the twcb no really if they were quote smart they would just executed juno and ensured she was dead then leave behind very detaled instructions as to what to do when the flair happened again not the criptic ****

You realise they thought she was dead?? Otherwise they Eye (which was the last solution) would work just fine. Juno hid herself in there, and her release is the bargaining chip to save the world... It wasn't designed to work that way (releasing Juno) she just tampered with it.

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 05:32 PM
It can be argued if they were smart enough they wouldn't have let Adam and Eve rebel and ..well.. we won't have Assassin's Creed games XD