PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 Ending ***SPOILER ALERT***

Reshat54
11-06-2012, 03:51 AM
I finished AC3 a few days ago and I love the series, the game-play, and I'm a die hard Assassin's Creed fan but I have a major issue with the game's ending and its anti-climatic finish. In fact, I am so upset with the ending that it caused me to register to this forum and post this thread. This is my take on how this game should of ended and it warrants some serious consideration...***SPOILER ALERT***

(First, I'll introduce a new character who's name is, let's say, Hector)

Juno is the main antagonist of the Assassin's Creed series we come to find out at the end of AC3. Desmond, like previously, ends up dying. Here's where it gets a little intense...After he dies, the camera should of panned out and upward, leaving the Earth's atmosphere and heading into outer space. In fact, we are heading to Mars. As a caption, the screen would say **Mars Year: 2315** Obviously, we've headed into the future and man has, by this time I hope, colonized Mars. So, we enter Mars' atmosphere where buildings and cities have been erected. We head towards this building that dawns the Assassin's Creed logo above its doorway and
we enter it. Inside, on a chair sits Hector, with like an optical visor on his head. He sits up and removes the visor and another
gentleman standing next to him, looks at Hector and says "Did you locate Juno?"
Hector replies "Yes, my ancestor Desmond has lead us to her"
They get up, open the door, walk outside, where there are a bunch of other Assassins waiting and Hector, the Assassin, says "Let us make our way
to Earth" They all flip up their hoods and it ends...
Desmond was another ancestor the whole time and you were playing as Hector using an animus machine, in the future, to rifle through Desmond's memories to locate Juno so you can send an army of Assassins to destroy her.
I don't know about the writers at Ubisoft, but I think this would have been epic.

halogod452
11-06-2012, 04:00 AM
my god.....genius

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 04:06 AM
Eh.... I'm not overly fond of the idea of it having been set in the future all along.

Layytez
11-06-2012, 04:18 AM
I wanna go back to First Civ times.

ACfreak357
11-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Desmond has no kids......

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Couldn't have kids who relieved the memories up to his death anyway, in AC lore, that's not how memories/genetics work. That why we stopped seeing Altair after the conception of his child (If you don't count the memory disks he left made of first civ technology).

MRNMRSPACER
11-06-2012, 04:41 AM
i love this if it would make sense...he couldnt of have kids to make his memories flow that long

Reshat54
11-06-2012, 05:12 AM
I see what you guys are saying, I got overly excited about my vision lol. I was looking at it since each game took place roughly 300 years apart and I was basing it off memories not DNA. Which Desmond died so his lineage ended and his memories can't be accessed through DNA. One question though then, are we to assume that Ezio had children then? Cause I don't recall him having any offspring.

Legendz54
11-06-2012, 05:14 AM
I see what you guys are saying, I got overly excited about my vision lol. I was looking at it since each game took place roughly 300 years apart and I was basing it off memories not DNA. Which Desmond died so his lineage ended and his memories can't be accessed through DNA. One question though then, are we to assume that Ezio had children then? Cause I don't recall him having any offspring.

Watch AC embers. Short film.

Reshat54
11-06-2012, 05:23 AM
Got it, thanks. Although, Desmond's father and mother were still alive and even though they were separated, Desmond's mother could have conceived another boy with another man, hence carrying some of the same DNA as Desmond...and the plot thickens again

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 05:34 AM
But.. help me understand, what is the great difference between the version we have and your version? What you are saying, very well may happen, in future ACs, with slight variation no?

Reshat54
11-06-2012, 06:10 AM
But.. help me understand, what is the great difference between the version we have and your version? What you are saying, very well may happen, in future ACs, with slight variation no?
Right, all I'm saying is that they should of done a different ending. I was disappointed with this game's ending. Every other AC ending was this nail-biting, edge of your seat, can't wait for the next one to come out kind of climactic scenario and this one was just like, to me, half-assed.

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Right, all I'm saying is that they should of done a different ending. I was disappointed with this game's ending. Every other AC ending was this nail-biting, edge of your seat, can't wait for the next one to come out kind of climactic scenario and this one was just like, to me, half-assed.

But there isn't a significant difference between what you are proposing and the game's current ending, that's what I'm saying.

AsterSolus
11-06-2012, 06:39 AM

I get you. This was supposed to the end to beat all previous endings! But what we got pure crap! And after Desmond trains in the animus to become this master assassin, for him, to just dies pathetically is an insult. Truly the end just leaves me feeling disappointed and angry and hollow (like when a kid is told that Santa isn't real).
(Seems that the Templars have taken over Ubi)

creedalien
11-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I finished AC3 a few days ago and I love the series, the game-play, and I'm a die hard Assassin's Creed fan but I have a major issue with the game's ending and its anti-climatic finish. In fact, I am so upset with the ending that it caused me to register to this forum and post this thread. This is my take on how this game should of ended and it warrants some serious consideration...***SPOILER ALERT***

(First, I'll introduce a new character who's name is, let's say, Hector)

Juno is the main antagonist of the Assassin's Creed series we come to find out at the end of AC3. Desmond, like previously, ends up dying. Here's where it gets a little intense...After he dies, the camera should of panned out and upward, leaving the Earth's atmosphere and heading into outer space. In fact, we are heading to Mars. As a caption, the screen would say **Mars Year: 2315** Obviously, we've headed into the future and man has, by this time I hope, colonized Mars. So, we enter Mars' atmosphere where buildings and cities have been erected. We head towards this building that dawns the Assassin's Creed logo above its doorway and
we enter it. Inside, on a chair sits Hector, with like an optical visor on his head. He sits up and removes the visor and another
gentleman standing next to him, looks at Hector and says "Did you locate Juno?"
Hector replies "Yes, my ancestor Desmond has lead us to her"
They get up, open the door, walk outside, where there are a bunch of other Assassins waiting and Hector, the Assassin, says "Let us make our way
to Earth" They all flip up their hoods and it ends...
Desmond was another ancestor the whole time and you were playing as Hector using an animus machine, in the future, to rifle through Desmond's memories to locate Juno so you can send an army of Assassins to destroy her.
I don't know about the writers at Ubisoft, but I think this would have been epic.

How about NO? just ugly...
the original ending is great...

LAxVipErZz
11-06-2012, 11:50 PM
I found the ending also pretty crappy and thought they could have done more
I really thought your idea was good but the thing is how would Desmond end up having ancestors if he had no children?

Also i thought the game was excellent really let themselves go with the ending

F4H bandicoot
11-06-2012, 11:54 PM
I get you. This was supposed to the end to beat all previous endings! But what we got pure crap! And after Desmond trains in the animus to become this master assassin, for him, to just dies pathetically is an insult. Truly the end just leaves me feeling disappointed and angry and hollow (like when a kid is told that Santa isn't real).
(Seems that the Templars have taken over Ubi)
Desmond spends most of his time in the animus to save the world actually, he's not in the animus to become a master assassin.
His death is meant to be pathetic. He's been used, a tool with one purpose, he serves that purpose, so is discarded.