PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Please tell me there's more to the ending.

Savage_Baird
11-06-2012, 03:40 AM
Do I need to play it again or something? It was just awful. They wanted to make it such an obvious lead in into another game that the ending of this game suffered.

That was just BAD. Almost as bad as the ending to the 3rd game of another popular series. All that time spent with Desmond and to just have it ended with the touch of an "eye"?

Why Ubisoft? WHY?!

Layytez
11-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Money. When you leave 3 year old questions and mysteries unexplained you know they don't care about pleasing us.

Savage_Baird
11-06-2012, 03:44 AM
Money. When you leave 3 year old questions and mysteries unexplained you know they don't care about pleasing us.
I honestly have no desire to ever actually play the story again knowing what happens. I loved Connor but that ending just ruined everything.

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 03:48 AM
I don't think it's fair you compare it to ME3. ME3's ending was MILES worse than AC3's. AC3's was just confusing and rather anti climactic.

We ALL knew this would be Desmond's last game, I just doubt most realized it would be his last last.

Layytez
11-06-2012, 03:50 AM
I don't think it's fair you compare it to ME3. ME3's ending was MILES worse than AC3's. AC3's was just confusing and rather anti climactic.

We ALL knew this would be Desmond's last game, I just doubt most realized it would be his last last.

No problem with making it his last game. My problem is them not clearing the air with all the things they started up 3 years ago.

Jexx21
11-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Because they aren't concluding the story just yet.

Savage_Baird
11-06-2012, 03:53 AM

No it's not fair but that's just what I'm feeling like. A kick right to the balls. I realized this was going to be Desmond's last game but that ending... I pre-ordered this game from the day it was announced but now, I highly doubt I'll buy another AC game.

I thought I saw a thread that said you have to watch the ending twice? Is this true?

Layytez
11-06-2012, 03:55 AM
Because they aren't concluding the story just yet.

What I wanted was Desmond specific not the story. They killed off Desmond and left the answers with him.

No it's not fair but that's just what I'm feeling like. A kick right to the balls. I realized this was going to be Desmond's last game but that ending... I pre-ordered this game from the day it was announced but now, I highly doubt I'll buy another AC game.

I thought I saw a thread that said you have to watch the ending twice? Is this true?

I had to watch the ending like 6 times to actually understand what happened. You need to think for yourself to understand what happened and what would have happened if Juno was really dead. Once you do that the ending is bearable.

Jexx21
11-06-2012, 03:58 AM
I personally think that you should wait for the next game.

Good writing is more than pleasing the consumer.

Assassin_M
11-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Good writing is more than pleasing the consumer.
This..

Layytez
11-06-2012, 04:01 AM
Isn't the main purpose of a good story is to get people to like it ? If the consumer is not be pleased then who are they writing it for ?

Jexx21
11-06-2012, 04:07 AM
We don't know yet.. but I think it could be.

I won't know until they end the story.

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 04:14 AM
The purpose of a good story is to tell a good story that leaves people hooked and wanting more. The purpose of a good business is to get people to buy your product. Big difference.

There's still a lot left unexplored in the AC world, Subject 16's message to Desmond in Brotherhood for example (the sun... YOUR son... Find Eve through her DNA), and since they've all but said 'Yes, AC4 is confirmed', it's naive for anyone to think everything would end at AC3.

Layytez
11-06-2012, 04:17 AM
I understand the hooked and wanting more part but if you leave it too long the audience will lose interest. This happened with me reading Naruto.

LilyasAvalon
11-06-2012, 04:24 AM
That's why a lot of fans falter over time, they grow sick and tired of waiting. It's a mistake a lot of writers, publishers, companies, etc. make.