View Full Version : Altair outfit in ACIII

Berrg3
11-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Are you so lazy, as to give us this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEOgM6JQ9b8

Disappointed.

Assassin_M
11-06-2012, 02:36 AM
Caps locking "please" automatically negates its context..

That, said.. I agree. It`s horrible. No Idea why include it if its like this..

naran6142
11-06-2012, 02:37 AM
patch what exactly?

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Um...what's wrong with it?

IronEagl3
11-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Here's the problem
1. He looks fat
2. The robes on the back of his legs are stuck to his legs and makes him look funny when he runs

DarthViscer
11-06-2012, 03:56 AM
Looks absolutely fine, so tired of all the *****ing. So many whiny little Templars on this forum since the 30th.

IronEagl3
11-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Looks absolutely fine, so tired of all the *****ing. So many whiny little Templars on this forum since the 30th.

All the issues we're getting now is nothing compared to what we got after ACB and ACR were released. Practically the entire site was filled with nothing but complaints about how short the game was, no stealth, blah blah blah, etc., etc.

DarthViscer
11-06-2012, 04:03 AM
All the issues we're getting now is nothing compared to what we got after ACB and ACR were released. Practically the entire site was filled with nothing but complaints about how short the game was, no stealth, blah blah blah, etc., etc.
I agree, this is such an awesome franchise. I'm so thankful just to have their costumes as it is with the new mechanics. Fat? Muscle. Robes clipping to legs? Who cares, they are perfectly attached to Connor's legs. The only thing I would ask for is the concept Mohawk Armor, and even if we didn't get it I would still be fine.

HellSniper666
11-06-2012, 04:06 AM
They ruined his Outfit...........Patch please

Berrg3
11-06-2012, 04:08 AM

Please get your eyes checked. We complain becuz they said all these great things then, when the game is released, none of those great things are there OR they are as buggy as hell.
When something is wrong or something you do not like you do not just sit there...

Jexx21
11-06-2012, 04:18 AM
As it's Connor it Altair's robes, my only problem is that the tails stick to his legs. Hopefullh it vets fixed.

HellSniper666
11-06-2012, 04:27 AM
Big Difference, Fail on the Dev's Part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJDWONJVdBE

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Okay I just saw a better video...he doesn't look fat to me...bulkier than Altair but Connor is more buff than the last two Assassins so that's fine. I saw the legs now and have to agree...it does seem really poor. I don't understand -- it looks great when standing...(again from the video...maybe not once I get it but yeah) but when he runs it looks horrendous. They definitely need to patch this alongside Connor having his hood always down apparently...

Hopefully they get a patch out soon or at least offer the patch with the Tyranny of King Washington DLC where once you get it, it fixes Connor's hood problem as well as Altair's robes.

I don't get why it doesn't move...it moved in AC, ACII, ACB, and ACR not to mention it's not like they didn't have the ability this time around...Connor's coattails move as do Achilles' outfit, and Kidd's, and Desmond's backpack....oh...and Connor's f*cking hood-beak! It subtley bounces. It looks great but I would've preferred them to make Altair's robes move rather than Connor's hood.

P.S. Anyone else bummed that the outfits ARE just outfits? I would've liked the option to have Ezio to play as, to have Altair to play as, etc. It's not a huge issue but I think the Brotherhood outfit looks amazing, but most amazing when Ezio with his black beard wears it. I'm fairly disappointed with the outfits this time around...the Colonial Assassin should've been the special unlockable outfit that you go around searching for instead of Kidd's which should have been the pre-order bonus...that way both pre-order bonuses were sailing skins: one is a military naval outfit, the other is a pirate outfit. Plus the Colonial Assassin outfit being the one you have to search for follows in line with the past armors more since they were all armors of previous assassins: Armor of Altair, Armor of Brutus, Armor of Ishak Pasha. It would've been cool if you got to enter a colonial graveyard after learning of this assassin that was there and then you get to find his outfit or something just like the Armor of Altair or Brutus.

Also...Achilles' outfit is okay...a bit too much white for me...it's like less than Altair's even from the looks of it but it's still cool. The native outfit will be cool to get after getting all the feathers, Kidd's will be kind of cool...it's okay, and Aquila outfit is okay...at least I get it for naval missions, and the Colonial Assassin outfit...probably the alternate outfit I'd like most I missed out on because I didn't pre-order from Target >.<

Plus Altair's outfit is crap compared to the original or to ACR's rendition (which is beautiful btw)

Also is anyone else sad that with Ezio's outfit...Connor doesn't bring the cape around in front of his chest like Ezio did? I mean, it's because Connor doesn't have a cape so they don't have the animation needed for the cape to move in front but I loved it. OH! AND no Desmond skin. I wanted two: Hoodless Desmond similar to the ACB and ACR Desmond skins, and a new Hooded Desmond that we have in this game.

I wish they had made a button where you can pull the hood up or down and I wish they had gone all out with outfits:

Altair's Outfit - But where the back actually flows like every other time it's been in the series and like every other outfit!
Altair's Outfit (Black) - Every other Assassin outfit has had black variations except for Altair's and I bet it'd be cool to see that.
Ezio's Original Robes - The ones he gets from his father. I personally prefer the Brotherhood outfit as it's my favorite outfit of the series (especially with the Seusenhoffer armor) but it'd be cool to use again
Ezio's Revelations Robes - They were pretty cool I must say. I prefer them with the leather armor that you purchase as it;s the only armor that isn't bulky and I prefer the black gauntlets and boots to the brown gloves and boots.
Armor of Altair - Maybe I'm the only one but I'd like to see it return however to appear a bit more Middle Eastern, so with a hood more like Altair's which is more closed and with less 'flair' as it doesn't make sense that the outfit looks Renaissance. The fancy belt can remain but it should just be the plain symbol along with the curved kind of parentheses thing at the bottom instead of the 'A' with the fancy leaves.
Armor of Brutus - I'd like this one to return and despite it being bulky...it's the only one bulky outfit I like haha
Turkish Assassin Armor - I'd like this one to return albeit tremendously slimmed to match Connor's outfit, or Altair's or Ezio's. So slim the armor down and all that. The mask can remain however, unlike most of the robes, pressing the 'hood' button would remove the mask but the hood would remain up.
Hoodless Desmond - Similar to the Desmond skins from ACB and ACR, the hood would be down the Hoodie would be zipped up about halfway leaving the shirt exposed slightly and the red inside would be exposed. Desmond's face would look like ACIII Desmond however.
Hooded Desmond - The exact same model found in ACIII for Desmond with his hood up. I personally wish his hood also had the beaked tip :( It looks like it kinda does in the ACIII introductory cutscene but during gameplay doesn't look like it...
Achilles' Original Outfit
Captain of the Aquila Outfit
Captain Kidd's Outfit
Colonial Assassin Outfit
Armor of the Wolf - Something similar to some concept art shown of Connor with a Wolf pelt as a hood/helm
Native Assassin Outfit - Something similar to his native outfit but with this type of headdress http://www.crafts-gifts.com/indian/headdress.jpg only the bottom part of the portion that rests on Connor's forehead would have the angled point similar to the beaked hood. The headdress should also be those exact colors basically since they're perfect
Oh wellllll hopefully the two pre-order outfits become DLC and hopefully we get a fix with Connor's hood and Altair's robes as well as maybe some new outfits.

kriegerdesgottes
11-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Ok I agree the robes being stuck to his legs is a bit ridiculous but other wise I think it looks fine.

AltairBritannia
12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]I'm definitely gonna fully synchronize :p

ItsSnowingOut
12-17-2012, 10:14 PM
This and the dual pistol glitch are the only 2 things that bug me about this otherwise amazing game.

The artists paid no attention to detail with this outfit, it's unfinished.
The proof on the right hand gauntlet, there's 2 holes you can see right through.

The lack of flowing robes may have been a conscious decision because of where they're positioned on Connor. They don't hang in the same area as other outfits and may require their own set of physics. But in any case, it's still lazy.

& the sparkling is just silly. Were they trying to pay homage to Altair or Edward Cullen?

Anyone with eyes can see that they messed this one up.. it isn't a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

LoyalACFan
12-17-2012, 10:18 PM
OK, it's really not that big of a deal to me since I would never wear Altair's robes anyway, but anyone who says the outfit looks fine is either crazy or blinded by fanboyism. The robes are stapled to the backs of his knees, for God's sake.

AssassinVenice
12-17-2012, 10:22 PM
When ACB/ACR were released, I was busy PLAYING them. I barely visited the forums. With ACIII however, there were too many problems plaguing the game so this time around I spent more time reporting problems, rather than playing the actual game.

ACfan443
12-17-2012, 10:25 PM
The outfit is very poorly made, it looks cheap and tacky. It's like they didn't even care with the attention. All the new outfits made specifically for the game (guard outfits, civilian outfits, Achille's outfit, Connor's outfit, Aquila outfit etc) are very well made with brilliant physics. Altair's outfit is just the opposite, I honestly don't know why the flaps are stapled to his legs, or why it's shiny and generally ugly looking. If this is the 'reward' you get for achieving 100% synch, then it's pretty awful one.

Doveblood
12-26-2012, 10:44 PM
I don't want to say anyting disrespectful about it, cuz it's not that bad but it's not enough good, either. I would be almost satisfied with this outfit if I could unlock it with less effort. They should have made it more carefully... We want to feel the excitement that we got a premium costume with great physics in exchange for our efforts, don't you agree? Same with the Ezio costume. Oh and one question: Why exactly did they have to put Ezio's outfit from Brotherhood? Why not the one from 2 or Revelations? AC II's original outfit was never given to us after AC II again. (We couldn't unlock it from Uplay in none of the later AC's.)

Rogue Agent 035
12-27-2012, 04:40 AM
Honestly...., the only 2 outfits that "Fit" well in the story an the gameplay are the Default Assassins Outfit an the outfit you obtain after killing Thomas Hickey. The main reason is because look as though they fit well to Connor's size. As the Ezio outfit makes Connor look like 10lbs of feed in a 20lb sack, an the Altair outfit doesn't seem to gell well with Connor's fighting style, just an opinion on my behalf.

EaglePrince25
12-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Well I wouldn't wear Altair's Robes (Or Ezio's for that matter) in AClll anyways, as I prefer to wear clothes that fit the time period and the character i'm playing as, but those Altair Robes look like pure garbage and its obvious Ubisoft designers were just being lazy.

Rogue Agent 035
12-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Well I wouldn't wear Altair's Robes (Or Ezio's for that matter) in AClll anyways, as I prefer to wear clothes that fit the time period and the character i'm playing as, but those Altair Robes look like pure garbage and its obvious Ubisoft designers were just being lazy. I too wear pretty much just the default robes you earn after seq. 5, I did try on Ezio an Altair's robes in the basement area, but only long enough to come to the conclusion I did in my previous post. An yer right, its better to fit with the times rather then stray from them.

dewgel
12-28-2012, 12:40 PM
God you people. Moaning about an optional outfit?

This outfit is a beast compared to the previous games. All we ever got in previous games was the actual skin / model. At least this time they re-modelled them and added a floaty effect to the outfits. Ezio's looks great. Due to the new animation system they couldn't just go in and re-do them.

And the glued to his legs thing will be due to the outfit not really being able to move the way Connor does? I don't know. Stop being so pathetic. If you want better, go make better.

pacmanate
12-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Seriously? The glued thing is pathetic. So is the shiny effect which looks like they dipped him in either RESIN or LITTLE MAN SOLDIERS.

EaglePrince25
12-28-2012, 03:06 PM
I too wear pretty much just the default robes you earn after seq. 5, I did try on Ezio an Altair's robes in the basement area, but only long enough to come to the conclusion I did in my previous post. An yer right, its better to fit with the times rather then stray from them.

Yeah, the only robes I tend to wear are the default ones, and then the Jamestown ones. I'm currently wearing Achilles outfit though, since I just finished replaying the game, and felt the need to finish off Haytham and Charles in the robes of my mentor, just to honor him.

God you people. Moaning about an optional outfit?

This outfit is a beast compared to the previous games. All we ever got in previous games was the actual skin / model. At least this time they re-modelled them and added a floaty effect to the outfits. Ezio's looks great. Due to the new animation system they couldn't just go in and re-do them.

And the glued to his legs thing will be due to the outfit not really being able to move the way Connor does? I don't know. Stop being so pathetic. If you want better, go make better.

:rolleyes:

That's like saying if you don't like a certain piece of music you should go write a better one, or if you don't like the Mona Lisa you should go paint a better one, or if you don't like a sport you should create a better one. In short, it's foolish to say it. Everyone has their own opinion, and there's nothing wrong with not liking an aspect of a game and then talking about it on a forum, in a thread specifically created for discussing that aspect of the game.