PDA

View Full Version : Achillies Painting and the Actual Connor. Thoughts??(spoiler)(possible prequel dlc)

projectpat06
11-05-2012, 07:27 PM
So at the end of the game, we see Connor putting the amulet in a grave outside the Manor with the headstone saying Connor Davenport (1748 - 1755). The grave next to it says Abigail Davenport (1721 - 1755) with the headstone being much taller. I was curious about who that Connor was thinking it could have been Achilles' father then I unveiled the painting to see Achilles with his wife and son (Abigail and Connor).

My guess is they were killed during the seven years war when the Assassins were wiped out. Achilles was injured causing him to use the cane. The combination of the two being both physically and mentally beaten forces Achilles to go into retirement/ hiding and become the boorish old man ratohnhaké ton meets as a teenager.

Little stories like this that you have to piece together is why I love the series, but what is you thoughts on this???

Did Achilles actually use his own deceased son's name for ratohnhaké ton?
Will we possibly get to play Achilles as an assassin and experience this in future dlc?

doomsday416
11-05-2012, 07:34 PM
I think that is the main reason why he used the name Connor. Through the game we see all of these little side storylines in the homestead ( the deserter , the wood crafters problems , and so on) my favorite one obviously being the mystery that was posed in that painting and it was just so sad to put it up after he died to see his family. As for playing as Achilles that would be amazing but i dont think that would happen ... I only hope XD

FirestarLuva
11-05-2012, 07:43 PM
I really loved the revelation in the end with Achilles' son. It really showed a lot of Achilles' character. It shows why he was so angry and reluctant toward Connor's actions during the story. I find that scene one of the saddest in the franchise. Also, I love how Connor reflects to everything he's been through once he finds out about his name. His eyes sure show the unbearable pain and regret for being so ungrateful toward his mentor. He wanted his real father to love him, but he never realised that all this time, the father that truly loved him was right beside him and he didn't see it. :'( Connor sure was wrong about many things in his life because of his naive visions of a black and white world full of peace. Like Juno said in the end; You strive for what does not exist.

projectpat06
11-05-2012, 07:51 PM
^^^That's why I love this game's story so much. It takes these iconic people of history and shows them for the flawed men that they are. Connor was so intriguing because he had several of his own flaws despite his devotion to justice and freedom. This game basically shows the harsh realities of life

Achilles quote is true for the entire game. "Life is not a fairy tale and there are no happy endings"

FirestarLuva
11-05-2012, 08:46 PM
^^^That's why I love this game's story so much. It takes these iconic people of history and shows them for the flawed men that they are. Connor was so intriguing because he had several of his own flaws despite his devotion to justice and freedom. This game basically shows the harsh realities of life

Achilles quote is true for the entire game. "Life is not a fairy tale and there are no happy endings"

Yes, I loved that quote. And I'm glad Connor actually understood it at the end. Let's admit, for the majority of the game, he was around 17-22 years old. He was still a child, young, foolish and an illusionist with a clouded view of the world. He grew up all by himself, away from society, and the tragedy he faced as a child scarred him for the rest of his life. I feel so sorry for Connor in the end, when he says he had failed. I find Connor the most interesting and complex because he has more depth and is a more real character. I didn't like how Ezio was always winning and doing the right thing for most of the time. Some people seem to not like Connor because he is aggressive, cold and always makes mistakes. People need to realise that's life and they have to deal with those mistakes. Life is not bright, funny and successful like Ezio; it's full of pain and regrets and failures which we have to live with. Connor is a symbolism for what life truly is, and it's no surprising some people don't like him.
Also, I love when Achilles says In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it. Sadly, that quote turned out to be true for Connor. All his struggles were condemned to failure in the end all because of himself. :/

Achillesmaster
11-07-2012, 11:15 PM
well, i personly think achilles is fricking badass, he is like 71 years old, and still knows how to wield a knife, also even when Connor and he had many argueings, still i think it's sweet how you can see in his eyes that achilles never stopped believing in connor, also i think the scene where Connor apolgies to Achilles very kind, love the guy, hope we will get a dlc whre you play as him :)