PDA

View Full Version : Bow and Arrow - why no one-shot deer kills?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-05-2012, 05:59 PM
The trailers for AC3 showed deer being killed in one shot with a bow and arrow, yet none of my deer have taken one shot, and they often run off before I get my second shot off. Is this a glitch, is there something I need to do to make my bow stronger to get the one-shot kills, or did Ubisoft change deer hit points or weaken arrows before the game was released? I'm finding it really frustrating.

ElderGamer1
11-05-2012, 06:12 PM
I thought so too,but then I got my first one shot kill,you just have to get close to them,that way the damage is much bigger and it kills them :)
I know it's hard to get close so climb trees or hide in bushes.
Good luck ! :)

Silhouelle
11-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Or score a headshot, though I find it really difficult with the controls the way they are. Only managed like five animal headshots so far.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks. I just found an older thread (I did a search before but it didn't show up) - apparently, if you hold the Y button before releasing it, it makes the shot more damaging, so you can get one-shot kills that way.

Kables
11-05-2012, 06:28 PM
more importantly, why cant we shoot people in the legs with the bow as advertised?

lothario-da-be
11-05-2012, 06:52 PM
And why is the bow not a stealth weapen? Every time i shoot a guard the others notice me.

Andre_0112
11-05-2012, 07:55 PM
And why is the bow not a stealth weapen? Every time i shoot a guard the others notice me.

Cause this ain't Skyrim.

Avagantamoz
11-05-2012, 08:27 PM
I one-shot deer all the time. It's likely you are just tapping the shoot button and not holding it. When using the bow, tapping the button will just fire off a quick arrow that does less damage than holding it. Also, the distance matters too, but not as much. As for the getting noticed thing, you have to shoot somebody who is rather far away from you and be out of view of the other guards. I can drop a guard right in front of a dozen other guards and they just look around until they get bored and act like nobody just got pegged with an arrow.