PDA

View Full Version : How can I lose notoriety in the Frontier?

Meowmixx101
11-05-2012, 08:40 AM
When I'm in the cities I know to rip down posters or bribe those guys, but when I travel to the Frontier, even after being incognito in the cities, I have marks of being notorious, & cannot figure out how to lose it. I can't find any posters to rip down or the other options I know of, any help would be appreciated very much.

Blind2Society
11-05-2012, 08:45 AM
I would so love to know this as well. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to fight the entire British army every time I get into a scrap.

KiriChan
11-05-2012, 08:47 AM
I was under the impression you always have notoriety on the Frontier, but I could be wrong.

Meowmixx101
11-05-2012, 09:00 AM
I really hope not, I love hunting, & I hate being interrupted by guards traveling the road. :/ Also just found a weird bug, I killed a guard & he's still detecting me. o.O It's freaking me out.

Blind2Society
11-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I get that bug a lot. A real pain in the arse that is.

pablo2977
11-05-2012, 09:10 AM
You can't lose your notoriety in the frontier

blacklimoband
11-05-2012, 09:21 AM
You can't lose your notoriety in the frontier

What??? You mean I've been assassinating bears so that they can't bear witness, for no reason... /facepalm

Also, apologies for the awful pun.

AU7thGear
11-05-2012, 10:21 AM
In some areas, you have no notoriety and in others you have constant. It says so in the guide book. No idea what the reason is. Doesn't seem to be of any use to anyone.

Tubaplyr89
11-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Once, I got into a fight with some guards in the frontier and my notoriety got all the way up to 3. I was really easy to get the trophy where you have to kill 10 Jagers, but it got annoying cause I would try to hunt and a Jager would find me and it would get all screwed up. Once I was attacked by a bear and a Jager at the same time and the bear and I froze. I could not move and the bear just sat there. The Jager hit me and I was able to move again, and the bear seemed to lose interest and walked off. Another time, I saw the same thing happen between a Jager and a bear. They both just stood there frozen, although the Jager could still detect me and I could not target the bear or the Jager. I fast traveled at one point and it just went away. Other than that, some of the areas you always have one, and some you don't have any.

Nexost
11-06-2012, 04:48 AM
I don't think the notoriety in the frontier is meant to stay forever. I'm writing as I'm playing and just a minute ago I was incognito IN the frontier then I attacked a bunch of British soldiers and my notoriety went up to level 2 and, like everyone else, I cant lose it. Normally I wouldn't mind that much because I always kill everything I see, but it gets really annoying when the US army/rebels (which are supposedly our allies) attack you on sight because of your notoriety. There are quests I had a really hard time completing because of this.

Also, I noticed that the only time I lost it was when completing a sequence and advancing to the new one. Perhaps by switching to a previous sequence then loading back your current sequence you can lose the notoriety that way. Not sure tho, gonna try it right away.

Edit: Nope, didn't work. Well now I'm confused.

tjbyrum1
11-06-2012, 04:53 AM
I always have level 1 notoriety in the Frontier, regardless of what I do or how many guards I kill.

stav32
11-18-2012, 03:10 PM
you would think they (ubi)would post and let us know, come on ubisoft pull ur finger out, you can even tell me in french if you so pls

BBALive
11-18-2012, 03:13 PM
I always have level 1 notoriety in the Frontier, regardless of what I do or how many guards I kill.

This.