PDA

View Full Version : (spoiler) Sequence 10 Alternative methods troubles

Nnamerif
11-05-2012, 12:32 AM
ok I'm trying to complete this with full sync by tackling the guy I followed the walktrough on you tube and run ahead of him all the way till I get to the clothes line problem is when I jump to tackle conner always ends up tackling the other guards instead of the guy Im supposed to tackle and yes I do highlight him first but still conner decides to tackle the other 2 guards instead...anyone else encountering this problem??

NekoKera
11-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Instead of following him down the first alley he takes, I keep running straight and getting on top of the building that is straight ahead (after the square that is being patrolled with loyalist and a guard dog) and then jumping over to the next rooftop on the right and simply wait for him to eventually make his way towards this alley. Once he's in sight, don't bother targeting him since that takes too much time. Just make sure he has a white highlight surrounding him them push forward and tackle. Once he is highlighted and you begin the tackle, you will definitely land on him, even if he gets a decent ways away from you, which it is actually funny when he does since it gives the illusion that Connor is gliding in super slow motion until he completes the tackle.

Nnamerif
11-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Instead of following him down the first alley he takes, I keep running straight and getting on top of the building that is straight ahead (after the square that is being patrolled with loyalist and a guard dog) and then jumping over to the next rooftop on the right and simply wait for him to eventually make his way towards this alley. Once he's in sight, don't bother targeting him since that takes too much time. Just make sure he has a white highlight surrounding him them push forward and tackle. Once he is highlighted and you begin the tackle, you will definitely land on him, even if he gets a decent ways away from you, which it is actually funny when he does since it gives the illusion that Connor is gliding in super slow motion until he completes the tackle.

I'm not sure if its a bug in my game or what but I cant seem to single him out no matter how I go about it its almost as if the game does not recognize him as a target. It's so frustrating after about 15 attempts at getting full sync I finally just gave up and tackled him the normal way on the ground running ahead of him and cutting him off. I'm really pissed though that of all the levels thus far this one I must skip full sync on.

fused1980
11-09-2012, 02:33 PM
im having the same trouble doesnt matter which way i go i still cant tackle the officer from above no matter where i waiting for him tried a few different places now

Blind2Society
11-09-2012, 02:47 PM
I did it within a couple tries. Run straight to the staircase in the alley he runs past and get up to the top of it. On the way their I threw some money but I don't think it did anything. Only the target should actually run by the stairs making it relatively easy.

Almost_Famous_ST
11-11-2012, 01:24 AM
I'm having the same problem. I spent three hours doing this **** so far and nothing ****ing works. This game has a lot of glitches and bugs. It's almost like they rushed into making it. The story line is great and the game play is too, but these glitches make it really hard for me to enjoy this game. I already completed The Encyclopedia Of The Common Man and never got the trophy. Not to mention that one of my convoys was attacked and there is no way to fix it. And now I have this problem with Alternate Methods. This game is just starting to be a huge let down. I'm eleven trophies away from a platinum when I should only be eight trophies away from it. It really pisses me off.

Bishop1811
11-26-2012, 06:31 PM
i just got to this part of the game and im experiencing the same thing. i was wondering if anybody found a way to fix this? i have 100% sync on everything else so its pissing me off that i cant get by this part

CourtneyDee
03-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Having the exact same problem. I'll be up above with him targeted but as soon as I hit x it switches targets to another guard, sometimes one who isn't even shown on my screen.

fbastante
01-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Same problem here.

I watched some videos and It seems you don't need to do nothing special, just push the hit button when the guy is below you. However in my game it's not working, if the guy is running alone below Connor, I push the hit button and Connor doesn't do anything. If any other guard is near the running guy, then Connor goes for the guard...

It's really annoying, I tried at least 20 times and it's always the same.

colinmafia
01-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Could be you've been sighted by a roof top guard and you have to be anoymous to act