PDA

View Full Version : I'm not the only one upset with this game. [spoilers]

XCorkeyX
11-04-2012, 10:57 PM
I've been digging through this thread and noticing that people are upset with this game too. Broken combat, unfun gameplay, the freerunning system is just the worst, as I get caught on the most random crap and do exactly what I didn't want. Previous titles freerunning wasn't perfect but at least we got used to them, this is just atrocious.
Connor is the most unlikable character I've ever played. Just no emotion, angry, he's extremely stupid and shortsighted. Sees no consequences.
Ubi really really dropped the ball with this one. The story was a joke, am I the only one who thinks they couldn't decide what to do with the story?
Are we supposed to loathe and hate the founding fathers? Are they the same selfish rich jerks that wanted to bend the rules in their favor? Or was it a noble cause worth fighting and dying for? The game makers couldn't decide, and neither could Connor on most occasions. "I will fight for George Washingtons cause" 2 minutes later "follow me, friend me, or send me one more farmville request and I will kill you George Washington."

So, I won't waste anymore money on this franchise unless the following criteria are met:
-You stick with Altair and Ezio, the best characters in gaming period. Ezio especially. You fleshed out such a detailed character and only made 3 games with him. Altair had one and a quarter games. He was great and then he was gone. Make more of them.

-*Spoiler* Don't rip off Mass Effect 3's ending, especially because it was terrible and came out about 7 or 8 months ago. Too Soon. After writing such a thick conspiracy that was so exciting and well detailed you ended it like idiots. WIth no detail, no sense. If your planning on releasing Desmond DLC, good luck, I won't buy any of it for this rushed crap game.

So Ubisoft, you've killed quite a few franchises in a few years. Ghost Recon, (I'm never buying those again,) Rainbow Six, (where are you?), Splinter Cell Conviction (New one looks terrible), AC III (god awful).

So maybe since you've run these all into the ground, your faithful folllowers giving up on you, perhaps its time to stop listening to test groups and marketing idiots and listen to the fans that built this company. Good bye, I look forward to new managment in distant future.

Kaimooo
11-04-2012, 11:01 PM
I don't know what game you are playing but I find ac3 an improvement over the other titles by far, yes there are a few bugs but I assume they will be patched asap

dewgel
11-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Honestly.. what on Earth. Have I got a totally different copy of this game or something? I love it.

Connor's character is perfect. It finally shows a grey area between the Templars and Assassin's. He's not a traditional Assassin, nor was he brought up with a full order like Ezio or Altair. He was brought up with an old man who was lost himself. He is confused and doesn't know his path.

As for going back to Ezio or Altair. Yes, because everyone would love that. I'm sure the topics won't say things like "OMG STOP MILKING EZIO AND ALTAIR OMG THINK OF SOMETHING NEW"

XCorkeyX
11-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Dewgel, this is the end of the trilogy. They shouldn't bring in a character like Connor to question the Assassin's and Templar conspiracy. Its counter active to the pacing. We know the stakes, we know how they both work. After all the work Altair and Ezio did to improve the brotherhood in general, the assassin's should have had a strong presence in the new world. Every game is the same, your a new character, the brotherhood is in shambles, the templars are doing great though. The assassin's aren't the underdogs.

Element CL
11-04-2012, 11:07 PM
I agree with a lot of what you said about Connor. But I think he could have been a better character. He was obviously conflicted about what his part in things was but he wasn't very vocal about it. I think they were trying to make him seem like a person who was dedicated to a choice he made and was too stubborn to consider alternatives. You have to remember that he was set on his journey early on by a force that was pretty compelling. He had to trust in it and everything suggested that he was in the hands of something too divine to let him down.

He gets a pass for being the strong silent type in my book because it was obviously a trait they pulled directly from what is a stereotypical Native American. Any work of fiction involving native americans will usually portray a people that are both spiritual and reserved. I do agree this made him dull at times but like I said, he had little room for argument even inside his own head about what he was doing. I think in general not showing a Native American crying over anyone death is probably a good rule to follow. I actually liked that about him, made him feel more accurate to me.

There's a million things that happened before this and in this game that they failed to elaborate on and I think that what they needed to do was make a game three times the size of this one to play it all out right. I'm expecting we'll get a lot of bang for our buck out of the DLC.

I do think it was lazy how the assassins themselves seem so watered down. If there is supposed to be a reason for this in the story, they kinda skipped right over it.

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 11:08 PM
I'll understand if you don't like the character, as there are tons of threads explaining the reason. The gameplay? You'll have to be a little more specific about the combat being broken. I get some don't like the changes, but I haven't read any legitimate reason as to how the system is broken.

Apirka
11-04-2012, 11:44 PM
I'll understand if you don't like the character, as there are tons of threads explaining the reason. The gameplay? You'll have to be a little more specific about the combat being broken. I get some don't like the changes, but I haven't read any legitimate reason as to how the system is broken.

I wouldn't necessarily call it broken, but compared to the old one, I really, really don't like it. I don't think the completely different control scheme was a goo idea (I'm generally not a big fun of completely changing controls within a franchise without changing platforms as well). I do believe that something is supposed to happen when I press A, but I've never noticed it when I tried it. The whole counter mechanic worked, imo, better in the old games. It all just seemed clunkier than in before.

ProdiGurl
11-05-2012, 12:01 AM
I don't know what game you are playing but I find ac3 an improvement over the other titles by far, yes there are a few bugs but I assume they will be patched asap

Um ya - is this the same game we're playing? I totally disagree but for people who have serious bugs, I can understand frustration

Honestly.. what on Earth. Have I got a totally different copy of this game or something? I love it.

Connor's character is perfect. It finally shows a grey area between the Templars and Assassin's. He's not a traditional Assassin, nor was he brought up with a full order like Ezio or Altair. He was brought up with an old man who was lost himself. He is confused and doesn't know his path.

As for going back to Ezio or Altair. Yes, because everyone would love that. I'm sure the topics won't say things like "OMG STOP MILKING EZIO AND ALTAIR OMG THINK OF SOMETHING NEW"

Oh ya, you know it - people were done w/ Ezio esp. after ACR... as an Ezio fan I do get the OP's desire to keep him, but we all have to move on after he aged and established his life & finished his purpose. Going back there would be a bigger mistake than the one he think devs made in this one.
*sigh*