PDA

View Full Version : It doesn't even feel like a closure. [spoilers]

clyde252525
11-04-2012, 10:11 PM
i hate this trend nowadays where devs are making games keeping in mind expansions and future titiles. Friggin wrap up your series, it's the final game. Wrap it up. What a terrible ending.

Element CL
11-04-2012, 10:26 PM
I didn't know this was the last one. That's pretty sad, unless they are going to make DLC that picks the story up from where it left off.

dewgel
11-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Check your facts before posting Clyde. Corey May and Alex Hutchinson both said the game will have closure on many stories that they've opened up, and felt dragged on a bit.

They also said that they've left some things there for future games. There are definitely more games coming, I can tell you now the next one is definitely on it's way.

They wrapped up Desmond's story. That's what they said. That's all

clyde252525
11-04-2012, 11:58 PM
the way the finished Desmond's story was more like "yeah, let's kill this guy so we can start off a new character and new series for this universe." It was a let's get this over with. It was terrible. There was absolutely no closure. Terrible. It felt extremely weak especially since it was supposed to be the ending to this series that i have been following since 2006...six years to build up to this? really? I've spent 300 dollars total for all these games to get this ending? Wow.

Escappa
11-05-2012, 12:14 AM
the way the finished Desmond's story was more like "yeah, let's kill this guy so we can start off a new character and new series for this universe." It was a let's get this over with. It was terrible. There was absolutely no closure. Terrible. It felt extremely weak especially since it was supposed to be the ending to this series that i have been following since 2006...six years to build up to this? really? I've spent 300 dollars total for all these games to get this ending? Wow.

Well the ending is just a small part, I hope you at least enjoyed the ride.

NumberSix1967
11-05-2012, 12:38 AM
I would have preferred a better ending. There's nothing wrong with letting it be known that Desmond was just another pawn in a larger, almost universal game, but to disregard much of our playing investment not with killing the hero, but by presenting the story in the way such as they did just made me feel flat. It was a shame but it is salvageable. It does feel a bit cheap to have been dragged along only to know now that there's more dragging to be done. Desmond's time had come, but they should have started the new games afresh, not with the remnants of this previous trilogy (Brotherhood and Revelations count as 2.1 and 2.2 really).

thejoshknight
11-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Desmond saved the world. What more do you need to know?

Plus, we get more games.

You really should have known the individual characters are really not that important to the story arc once they killed Lucy.

beatledude210
11-05-2012, 04:26 AM
I can't even express my frustration over the ending. As others said, it was weak and just plain stupid. It left so many questions unanswered that applied to Desmond only. What about Eve? I thought it was only her and Desmond that could save the world. And what was up with Minerva telling Desmond there was still time in AC2 and then coming back and saying they were out of time? They can make other games about what happens after, but I don't think I will buy them. I feel like they just threw Desmond aside like a piece of trash after 5 years as if he had no importance. It feels like everything we did in previous games was worthless.It feels like everything the Assassin's fought for was in vain, everything done with Altair, Ezio, Clay, Desmond didn't do anything but kill off the main character and enslave the world, I mean it might as well just ended with the Templars getting their way.

ImmediateBag907
11-05-2012, 06:27 AM
From what assassin creed wikia has it just stats that there are hints to maybe another one but who knows if it true or not

pirate1802
11-05-2012, 06:48 AM
This isn't the last AC games. The devs literally have screamed this in several interviews.

pirate1802
11-05-2012, 07:31 AM

They want their sunshine their rainbow ending. The gaming community isn't ready for these type of storytelling yet.

NumberSix1967
11-05-2012, 10:59 AM
No one is saying it should have been a 'happy ending' in that everyone goes off into the sunset. The issue is context logic, or rather that it had none. To out-of-the-blue state everything was a con cheapens the adventures and investment people have put into the games. Desmond dying is fine, but to utterly undermine the hard work done by the characters in every game is like a backhanded insult to the gamers that spent hours trekking through each world; believing in its mythos and existence.

pirate1802
11-05-2012, 11:18 AM
What has utterly undermine the hard work of all the assassins? Earth is saved. Yes we are now ruled by a tyrant. So? Thats so bad? Haven't we defeated TWCB before? Were it not for their efforts Desmond would have never reached the temple and Earth would have been a smoking ruin. They'd have rebuilt again and the next solar flair would have been destroyed them again. Its because of the we have reached this far without being roasted meat. We have any chance of defeating Juno because of them. Jeez.. Sometimes I feel gamers today are a bunch of pessimists who pick out the worst possible interpretation and like to mope over them.

And yes, many would have been happy had Desmond not been dead. You haven't seen other threads, and the "bring back Desmond thread". The youtube video is filled with comments like YOU KILLED DESMOND YOU ****** and the likes. A few days ago here I read a thread depicting a fanmade ending: Earth being saved (with even more magical ways than now) and Rebecca and Desmond walking away into a vacation and having kids. I found it cringe-worthy. (no offense to whoever wrote it.)

Rithrius
11-05-2012, 01:23 PM
A few days ago here I read a thread depicting a fanmade ending: Earth being saved (with even more magical ways than now) and Rebecca and Desmond walking away into a vacation and having kids. I found it cringe-worthy. (no offense to whoever wrote it.)

Desmond starting a homosexual relationship with Shaun sounds more plausible than that. XD

Apirka
11-05-2012, 01:36 PM
The real problem with the ending is that nothing is answered. It's just evil tyrant!Juno out of nowhere. What about all the things Clay talked about? IIRC, it was Juno who communicated with him. Does that mean everything he said is irrelevant? All the mysteries we've speculated about and wanted answers to? And if that's not the case, when are they going to do anything with them? Even just give some more hints? If Desmond was to die, so be it, I'm used to characters I like dying. But this was... not good. Not satisfying. Not anything but disappointing.

pirate1802
11-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Liberation has something to say about Eve, towards the end..

Apirka
11-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Liberation has something to say about Eve, towards the end..

Huh, right, I vaguely remember reading something about... Hmm. Have to see if I can find a good walktrhough for it.

pirate1802
11-05-2012, 01:45 PM
It talks abut "Eve leading 'us' through the generational war.." Someone maybe a female, asks: Are you with me, two more men reply yes. I could be wrong in the details, as I haven't actually seen anything, only read/heard about it.

infamous_ezio
11-05-2012, 01:49 PM
They said desmond's story would be wrapped up, which it was, he served his purpose. Yeah he was screwed over, but face it, would you have liked it if they made an ending where everyone lived happily after?...

Let me tell you something clyde, life is not a fairy tale and there aren't any happy endings..

haha quoted achilles, **** i feel bad ***

SquarePolo27
11-05-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm not complaining about Desmond's story coming to a close in a bad way. But they had to go ahead and end it like that. It was really anti-climactic. He just died. William M and the others just leave with little input. Jupiter doesn't play any part. Eve is never mentioned (though I imagine they'll mention it later, maybe in DLC)

infamous_ezio
11-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm not complaining about Desmond's story coming to a close in a bad way. But they had to go ahead and end it like that. It was really anti-climactic. He just died. William M and the others just leave with little input. Jupiter doesn't play any part. Eve is never mentioned (though I imagine they'll mention it later, maybe in DLC)

Jupiter and minerva are dead, they only reason minerva was there was because of the devices she made, more then 1 was made, i'm guessing these devices allowed her to have one more look when desmond saved the world. I admit the ending was rushed, they way they explained it was terrible. But the actually story itself was brilliantly written

NumberSix1967
11-05-2012, 02:10 PM
I'd like to think the ending isn't just a way of leaving people on tenterhooks just so they can make new games. Of course they were always going to make new games but it's a cheap trick to not try anything new. The Desmond angle should have been closed. He should have died. All that is fine, but saturising the plot down to its thinnest layers just smacks of well, boring. The ending does feel rushed, almost as if there was some kind of last-minute decision to alter the flow of everything to set up the next few games. Of course that's just me speculating. I don't know though, I can see how and why this story angle was and should have been finished. ACI, ACII and III...but, with the success of ACII, why not just ramp out a couple of more games for the sake of it? I did love Revelations, so I'm thankful for that, but both that and Brotherhood are just glorified Downloadable Content. It seems ACIII is suffering/has suffered from some series decisions. Alas. We shall move on and hope.

SquarePolo27
11-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Jupiter and minerva are dead, they only reason minerva was there was because of the devices she made, more then 1 was made, i'm guessing these devices allowed her to have one more look when desmond saved the world. I admit the ending was rushed, they way they explained it was terrible. But the actually story itself was brilliantly written

Never heard that... you'd think that all three would indeed appear though since they are the main 3 first civ people that we've spoken to.

Edit: Not from a story view, just for a practical one... or maybe it is the other way round. I don't know.

De Filosoof
11-05-2012, 04:54 PM

Plus, we get more games.

You really should have known the individual characters are really not that important to the story arc once they killed Lucy.

You ignorant person.

De Filosoof
11-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I can't even express my frustration over the ending. As others said, it was weak and just plain stupid. It left so many questions unanswered that applied to Desmond only. What about Eve? I thought it was only her and Desmond that could save the world. And what was up with Minerva telling Desmond there was still time in AC2 and then coming back and saying they were out of time? They can make other games about what happens after, but I don't think I will buy them. I feel like they just threw Desmond aside like a piece of trash after 5 years as if he had no importance. It feels like everything we did in previous games was worthless.It feels like everything the Assassin's fought for was in vain, everything done with Altair, Ezio, Clay, Desmond didn't do anything but kill off the main character and enslave the world, I mean it might as well just ended with the Templars getting their way.

This x100

TrueAssassin77
11-05-2012, 05:16 PM
This x100

This x1000

pirate1802
11-05-2012, 05:41 PM
This x1000

This / 100000

kuled2012
11-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I think people just expected more drama in the scene, it could've been pulled off that way.