PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite AC game so far

ACfan443
11-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Now that AC3 is out and we've had a good stab at it (pardon the pun), how does it compare with previous games?

FidgetyPink
11-04-2012, 07:49 PM
A3 could have been great, but sadly for me it felt uncomplete. I think it's my own fault being carried away by all this hype. My favorite game though is absolutely AC2, when I first played the game it felt like magic!

Radman500
11-04-2012, 07:52 PM
AC1..... to me had the best ideal setting for an assassins creed game... plus it was more stealth-based then the other ones

ACfan443
11-04-2012, 07:59 PM
A3 could have been great, but sadly for me it felt uncomplete. I think it's my own fault being carried away by all this hype. My favorite game though is absolutely AC2, when I first played the game it felt like magic!

I agree with the over hype bit, all those trailers and interviews got the better of me. Still, Connor's story was good nonetheless.

SquarePolo27
11-04-2012, 08:01 PM
It would have been AC3, but that ending...

Radman500
11-04-2012, 08:03 PM
assassins creed need to focus more on stealth, and less on that fancy over-the-top combat........... i mean i love assassins creed, but i can't call it an "assassins" game

its no where near as good as the hitman series

ACfan443
11-04-2012, 08:03 PM
It would have been AC3, but that ending...

Agreed, as awful as it was, let's not go there, mods will be on our backs :p

Melodia1756
03-14-2013, 10:55 PM
AC 2 was definitely the best - everything came together so that the whole was vastly superior to its parts. I still think about some of the ideas expressed in AC2. Of course it was my first AC and maybe like romantic love, you always remember the first love with special fondness.

AC3 - some of the parts were far superior to the whole. The character of Haytham Kenway was a MASTERPIECE!! - stellar acting, perfectly written, and above all drawn by a artist of wonderful vision. All of my girl gamer pals and I fell madly in love with Haytham at once. Ezio was magnificent, but we never all sat around talking about him like we have Haytham.
Also the weather in the game was really worth the $60.00 paid just for itself and the naval combat was an outstanding new bit of gameplay.

But some parts were truly fun killing. The real history intruded in the game like a case of diarrhea; I couldn't wait to get it over with. Its better when history just brushes AC rather than actually appearing in it. And Connor, his story and it's finish were disappointing beyond words. This is the first AC game that I have not wanted to play again to its finish. (I have played the first section - I think you understand what I mean by that after what I have said here- many many times though). I have to wonder if the game testers didn't comment on this. Or whoever had creative control.

Rockstar games just recently pushed back the launch of GTAV saying that they wanted the game to be up to the usual standard for that franchise. I respect the hell out of them for doing that - be late if you can fix a problem bug or change an outcome - whatever it takes to make the game meet a high standard. I hope Ubisoft has been watching them. I love that Ubi has put out a game a year, but I think the pace is causing quality to dip - or so many teams - like too many cooks - are wrecking the soup.

BATISTABUS
03-14-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm not going to get engaged in another one of these discussions at the moment, so I'll just leave this here.

1. AC1
2. AC3
3. ACB
4. AC2
5. ACR

Megas_Doux
03-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Despite its flaws like restricted mission design and lack of background music AC III gets my vote.

Gil_217
03-14-2013, 11:12 PM
I already posted my ranking earlier in some other thread but I'll do it again:

1 - AC II
2 - AC I
3 - ACB
4 - AC3
5 - ACR

emperior
03-14-2013, 11:15 PM
The character of Haytham Kenway was a MASTERPIECE!! - stellar acting, perfectly written, and above all drawn by a artist of wonderful vision. All of my girl gamer pals and I fell madly in love with Haytham at once. Ezio was magnificent, but we never all sat around talking about him like we have Haytham.

Please tell me you are joking about the part that you sat around talking about Haytham... that's just... stupid.

Megas_Doux
03-14-2013, 11:16 PM
Ac3
Ac1
Ac2
Acr
Acb

SixKeys
03-14-2013, 11:47 PM
My list:

1. ACB
2. AC1
3. AC2
4. ACR
5. AC3

Sushiglutton
03-14-2013, 11:54 PM
I change my opinion on this ever now and then, but AC:B has held the crown for a while now :). Had the best set of side missions imo like Animus training, Borgia Towers, War machines (the actual machines were typical low quality AC trash, but the missions were fun), lairs, assassination contracts. I also liked Rome a lot with some enormous classical buildings.

Megas_Doux
03-15-2013, 12:19 AM
In regards of ACB, I feel this:

1 The city to be rather dull, truth be told. It was a boring version of AC2´s cities.Had my favorite landmarks, though.
2 Really weak, linear and cartoonish story full of, again; weak, linear and cartoonish antagonists. My very least liked templar crew in the series! A shame that a great strategist and fighter like Cesare Borgia was reduced to a spoiled little brat yealing "GUARDS" all the time...
3 Good side content on the other hand. Da Vinci´s mission were great

Soulid_Snake
03-15-2013, 12:24 AM

So true, I was extremely hyped for it too, then look what happened! That's why I'm being cautious with AC4, it looks good on paper, but I lost alot of confidence after AC3.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 12:36 AM
Ac iii
acr/ac i
acb
ac ii

souNdwAve89
03-15-2013, 01:10 AM
In terms of story, writing, characters, etc:

1. AC1
2. AC2
3. AC3
4. ACR
5. AC Brotherhood

In terms of gameplay, features/mechanics:

1. AC3
2. AC Brotherhood
3. ACR
4. AC1
5. AC2

pirate1802
03-15-2013, 03:46 AM
Ac2
ac3
acr
ac1
acb

pirate1802
03-15-2013, 03:47 AM
In regards of ACB, I feel this:

1 The city to be rather dull, truth be told. It was a boring version of AC2´s cities.Had my favorite landmarks, though.
2 Really weak, linear and cartoonish story full of, again; weak, linear and cartoonish antagonists. My very least liked templar crew in the series! A shame that a great strategist and fighter like Cesare Borgia was reduced to a spoiled little brat yealing "GUARDS" all the time...
3 Good side content on the other hand. Da Vinci´s mission were great

Agreed with all of this.

Bullet747
03-15-2013, 04:59 AM
AC3 was my favourite. Only thing I really didn't like was Connor's mohawk.:p

I-Like-Pie45
03-15-2013, 06:43 AM
AC3 was my favourite. Only thing I really didn't like was Connor's mohawk.:p
Gotta love how equipping the Prisoner or Kanien'keha:ka outfits post-mohawk makes Connor's hair magically grow back!

Bullet747
03-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Gotta love how equipping the Prisoner or Kanien'keha:ka outfits post-mohawk makes Connor's hair magically grow back! But not when in the assassin's outfit.:( It's not a massive deal though. :p

RinoTheBouncer
03-15-2013, 10:49 AM
AC:R and ACII tie.
The most perfect game story-wise, graphics-wise, characters-wise, setting-wise, gameplay-wise, dialogue and directing-wise, everything awesome-wise.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 10:52 AM
AC III winning...HAHAHAHA...LOLOLOLOLO

pirate1802
03-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Surprised at the number of people voting for AC III after all the hate its getting.. :P

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Surprised at the number of people voting for AC III after all the hate its getting.. :P
there was a bigger one. a 100 people or so voted and AC III was winning...

Again.......HAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLOLOLHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RinoTheBouncer
03-15-2013, 11:15 AM
I don't think they'll ever impress me with a game as much as they did with AC2 and AC:R. I think the way the directors of the game pictured each event, mission, scene, dialogue and cutscene is just so perfect. I loved how ACIII gave us vast spaces to explore and hunt which is really fun and I would definitely be voting for ACIII had they made a better ending for it (whether Desmond dies or not) just a better ending but sadly, that didn't happen so AC:R still rules my world along with ACII.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 11:18 AM
I don't think they'll ever impress me with a game as much as they did with AC2 and AC:R. I think the way the directors of the game pictured each event, mission, scene, dialogue and cutscene is just so perfect. I loved how ACIII gave us vast spaces to explore and hunt which is really fun and I would definitely be voting for ACIII had they made a better ending for it (whether Desmond dies or not) just a better ending but sadly, that didn't happen so AC:R still rules my world along with ACII.
Fortunately, I do not let an ending to half of the story shape my entire view of a game:rolleyes:

pirate1802
03-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Fortunately, I do not let an ending to half of the story shape my entire view of a game:rolleyes:

Same. :D

Lexax123
03-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Ranked by the impression given from the initial experience

1. AC2
2. ACB
3. AC3
4. AC1
5. ACR

By no means are the lower games bad, just less awesome

MasterAssasin84
03-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Assassins Creed 2 gets my vote all the time .

kriegerdesgottes
03-15-2013, 04:15 PM
I just replayed AC2 yesterday and it was such an amazing experience. Better character, better controls, better setting, AMBIENT MUSIC, Just a better game all the way around. It actually made me sad that the AC franchise has lost it's soul. :(

TheHumanTowel
03-15-2013, 06:22 PM
The 5 sequences in Venice in AC2 are the best AC has ever been imo.

pirate1802
03-15-2013, 06:23 PM
the 5 sequences in venice in ac2 are the best ac has ever been imo.

this a million times!

lothario-da-be
03-15-2013, 06:25 PM
I can't choose between AC2 and AC3. Some weeks ago i voted for ac3 now for ac2.

Assassin_M
The 5 sequences in Venice in AC2 are the best AC has ever been imo.
Yeah...from the ribbon stealing to the repetitive structure of rescue leader, rescue men, scatter men...

Yeah....just adding my 2 cents

Megas_Doux
there was a bigger one. a 100 people or so voted and AC III was winning...

Again.......HAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLOLOLHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This!

And well, despite some heavy flaws in my book like restricted mission design and lack on ambient music, there are several reasons for which AC III gets my vote:

1 The story! Haytham and Connor interaction is the highlight of this series.
2 Great and improved mechanics in terms of stealth, combat and general atmosphere. Having addressed the "no music issue" by mixing some tracks, I have to say that freeroaming in this game tops ACI´s; and that plus the fact that thanks to pivots you can set the game at your will. Making the game, at least to me, hard to "grow old".
3 Unique setting, Yes! I know that Boston and NY pale in comparison to historic cities like Constantinople, Firenze, Venezia, Jerusalem and Damascus. But I have to say that NY and the Frontier are one of mi favorite locations, it was a really nice change of pace.
4 Very good side content! I find myself the "assassin contracts" to be out of context, but with the Naval gameplay alone Ubisoft managed to deliver a "game within a game" experience unique in this series.

Now that ACIV is on its way, I hope Ubisoft listens to us -which they have proven to do at some extent- and return to the AC1´s free approach in terms of assassinations among other "must do" stuff, or course.

ACfan443
03-15-2013, 06:31 PM
This thread is old, views on AC3 were premature (since the poll was made just a few days after release) and people may have still been in 'hype' mode. How people vote now is probably a more accurate representation.

Yeah...from the ribbon stealing to the repetitive structure of rescue leader, rescue men, scatter men...

Those ribbons... -.-

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 06:32 PM
This thread is old, views on AC3 were premature (since the poll was made just a few days after release) and people may have still been in 'hype' mode. How people vote now is probably a more accurate representation.
The ol` "It doesn't count" excuse"

Classic...

lothario-da-be
03-15-2013, 06:34 PM

Those ribbons... -.-
The first days afther the game is released everyone is dissapointed, only afther their second or third playthrough they start to like the game more.

ACfan443
03-15-2013, 06:34 PM
The ol` "It doesn't count" excuse"

Classic...

Not the thread where 100 people voted, this thread

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Not the thread where 100 people voted, this thread
Same....but yeah, the first days were the one with the most disappointment to AC III actually.....not the later days...

TheHumanTowel
03-15-2013, 06:38 PM

I know you'd never miss an opportunity to let everyone know you don't like AC2.

I really don't know what structure you're talking about. The Venice sequences are all fairly varied. The only thing I could think you mean is that we rescue the thieves in Sequence 7 and the Mercenaries in Sequence 10, and that's hardly much. The assassination missions are the best in the series imo. The Palazzo Della Seta, the flying machine. carnivale.... Just sublime.

ACfan443
03-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Same....but yeah, the first days were the one with the most disappointment to AC III actually.....not the later days...

Really? I actually loved it most during my first playthrough. I was probably overwhelmed by the hype and I let it blind my views. It was only after my excitement died down and my second playthrough that I evaluated the game with a calmer, more rational approach, and felt that it was slightly disappointing (mainly story and restrictive gameplay)

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 07:05 PM
I know you'd never miss an opportunity to let everyone know you don't like AC2.
like everyone else about AC III ??

I really don't know what structure you're talking about. The Venice sequences are all fairly varied. The only thing I could think you mean is that we rescue the thieves in Sequence 7 and the Mercenaries in Sequence 10, and that's hardly much. The assassination missions are the best in the series imo. The Palazzo Della Seta, the flying machine. carnivale.... Just sublime.
The Flying machine was the only highlight in Venice for me, the carnival was absolutely dull...steal ribbons and have a race (yeah..and people talk about what Assassins should and should not do) It was silly in my opinion...Silvio and Dante were right there in front of me and I was playing carnival games with them....God that was silly..

2 sequences with very similar structures. rescue faction member/leader, rescue remaining prisoners, scatter rescued members....

So apart from the highlight, which was the flying machine, the Venice arc is an amazingly boring arc. a very silly sequence and 2 repetitive sequences...

To anyone who feels the butthurt over his beloved AC II, this is my opinion....K ?

TheHumanTowel
03-15-2013, 07:25 PM
like everyone else about AC III ??

The Flying machine was the only highlight in Venice for me, the carnival was absolutely dull...steal ribbons and have a race (yeah..and people talk about what Assassins should and should not do) It was silly in my opinion...Silvio and Dante were right there in front of me and I was playing carnival games with them....God that was silly..

2 sequences with very similar structures. rescue faction member/leader, rescue remaining prisoners, scatter rescued members....

So apart from the highlight, which was the flying machine, the Venice arc is an amazingly boring and silly sequence and 2 repetitive sequences...

To anyone who feels the butthurt over his beloved AC II, this is my opinion....K ?
The carnival was a nice change of pace from the normal assassin routine which was alright in AC2 because you actually spend most of your time being an assassin unlike other AC games. Plus trying to win entry to a party that will allow you to get close to your target fits in with the social stealth thing Assassins seem to love so much.

True in both sequence 7 and 10 you rescue someone and then rescue some associates but the mission design in both sequences is different. In the Rosa mission you shadow the gondola while taking out any guards looking to stop them on the path while free-running, when rescuing Bartolomeo you just break him out and fight your way across town. When rescuing the thieves I took to the rooftops with them and avoided guards, when rescuing the mercenaries you take them with you to help rescue even more mercenaries. Then the rest of the sequences are preparation for two completely different assassinations so there's no repetition there. Every sequence is repetitive if you look at it in the hugely broad way you are.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 07:30 PM
The carnival was a nice change of pace from the normal assassin routine which was alright in AC2 because you actually spend most of your time being an assassin unlike other AC games. Plus trying to win entry to a party that will allow you to get close to your target fits in with the social stealth thing Assassins seem to love so much.
Bad change of pace, in my opinion....ACB had change of pace too...ACR had change of pace too....they made sense and were fun....not this

True in both sequence 7 and 10 you rescue someone and then rescue some associates but the mission design in both sequences is different. In the Rosa mission you shadow the gondola while taking out any guards looking to stop them on the path while free-running, when rescuing Bartolomeo you just break him out and fight your way across town. When rescuing the thieves I took to the rooftops with them and avoided guards, when rescuing the mercenaries you take them with you to help rescue even more mercenaries. Then the rest of the sequences are preparation for two completely different assassinations so there's no repetition there. Every sequence is repetitive if you look at it in the hugely broad way you are.
Lol not really...the way you do the 2 missions is extremely similar....too similar (it`s okay if it`s a bit similar, but that was just weird)...I wouldn't have noticed it if it was different...Oh and Ezio felt like a glorified errand boy for everyone and Antonio, for some weird reason, knew about the "new Templar doge" before being revealed as an Assassin and Ezio`s like "Yeah...you know...templars...every day stuff...does your mother know about them ? how about your mother`s mother ?"

TheHumanTowel
03-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Bad change of pace, in my opinion....ACB had change of pace too...ACR had change of pace too....they made sense and were fun....not this
Well I disagree

Lol not really...the way you do the 2 missions is extremely similar....too similar (it`s okay if it`s a bit similar, but that was just weird)...I wouldn't have noticed it if it was different...Oh and Ezio felt like a glorified errand boy for everyone and Antonio, for some weird reason, knew about the "new Templar doge" before being revealed as an Assassin and Ezio`s like "Yeah...you know...templars...every day stuff...does your mother know about them ? how about your mother`s mother ?"
I've explained why they aren't similar because you go about them in completely different ways and you've gone "uhhhh no they're similar". Why not explain how the actual missions are really similar other than the extremely general observation that you rescue someone. Ezio feels as much an errand boy as Connor does in AC3.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 08:58 PM
I've explained why they aren't similar because you go about them in completely different ways and you've gone "uhhhh no they're similar". Why not explain how the actual missions are really similar other than the extremely general observation that you rescue someone.

It seems you got what I wanted to convey mixed up with something else, seeing as you mention my use of similar as a "broad term", but if that were the case I`d complain about how Teodora and Paula are courtesans..

What I mean is that the context and experience of the 2 missions is too similar. there`s nothing wrong with 2 missions being similar at all. Hell I never felt similarity in AC I and that was dammed as repetitive, but with these 2 sequences, it just felt too much of the same that it became tedious, again, nothing wrong with 2 levels being similar. what erked is that they were TOO similar and FELT like it was just dragging the story on..

Ezio feels as much an errand boy as Connor does in AC3.

As for Connor being an errand boy, that`s true just until Sequence 8...from 9 onwards, Connor`s basically his own man and took orders from no one (besides Achilles and Haytham) he engineered an entire plan alone at the age of 22....at least Connor eventually came out of the errand boy phase...Ezio was pretty much there until the end of AC II

Bullet747
03-15-2013, 09:04 PM
I thought Ezio was okay in AC:B. He seemed less sex obsessed and was in his prime as an assassin. Though I still get the impression he'd have rather not been an assassin. Connor and Altiar seemed like they were right where they wanted to be.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 09:05 PM
I still get the impression he'd have rather not been an assassin. Connor and Altiar seemed like they were right where they wanted to be.

Since he`s the only protagonist to quit so far...

(I dont think Connor`s ever quitting)

Eternal Reward
03-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Since he`s the only protagonist to quit so far...

(I dont think Connor`s ever quitting)

Well, he has nothing else to really do, besides take care of a family I suppose.

Bullet747
03-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Yea. At his core I think Connor's a fighter, not a lover.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Well, he has nothing else to really do, besides take care of a family I suppose.

Yeah....it`s not like there`re more Templars to hunt or anything...

Altair should`v quit if that`s the case....and Connor...I mean...both wiped out templars in their respective regions...

Eternal Reward
03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Yea. At his core I think Connor's a fighter, not a lover.

That much is obvious.

Though, then again he hasn't really know much else besides the Assassins and his little village.

I mean, Ezio lived til he was around twenty or something being kinda a womanizing lazy rich dude, until of course his family was killed. Connor lost his mom when he was young, was almost killed, never knew his dad, and lived in a totally different culture.

Their polar opposites.

Eternal Reward
03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Yeah....it`s not like there`re more Templars to hunt or anything...

Altair should`v quit if that`s the case....and Connor...I mean...both wiped out templars in their respective regions...

Until Ubisoft decides to place some plot-induced Templars. :p

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Until Ubisoft decides to place some plot-induced Templars. :p

Templars are everywhere. That much is made very clear everywhere in the games, comics, novels and side quests...

There`s no such thing as "he has nothing else to do" for an Assassin "We here dedicate our lives to protecting the freedom of humanity" till that`s secured THEN he can have nothing else to do..

Bullet747
03-15-2013, 09:17 PM
I think Connor might have some Bruce Wayne psychology. Childhood tragedy drove him to be what he became and he probably won't know how to be anything else. It's practically ingrained in his DNA.

Eternal Reward
03-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Templars are everywhere. That much is made very clear everywhere in the games, comics, novels and side quests...

There`s no such thing as "he has nothing else to do" for an Assassin "We here dedicate our lives to protecting the freedom of humanity" till that`s secured THEN he can have nothing else to do..

When I said he had nothing else to do, I meant he had nothing else to do BUT be an Assassin. I know that there are more Templars.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 09:18 PM
When I said he had nothing else to do, I meant he had nothing else to do BUT be an Assassin. I know that there are more Templars.

Confusion...were you talking about Connor or Ezio ?

Eternal Reward
03-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Confusion...were you talking about Connor or Ezio ?

Connor.

Though it does apply to Ezio too.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Connor.

Though it does apply to Ezio too.

Then all my posts to you prior to this one are null xD

Eternal Reward
03-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Then all my posts to you prior to this one are null xD

Well, your next post is you 13k post. don't waste it.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Well, your next post is you 13k post. don't waste it.

Your*

NAILED IT..my 13000th post....****ing worth it

Bullet747
03-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Congradulations M. :cool:

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Congradulations M. :cool:
not really something to be proud of :|

Just shows that I`m more of a no life than all of you....Come on, you`re probably all fat kids eating pie all the day surfing the forums..

Eternal Reward
03-15-2013, 09:27 PM

Just shows that I`m more of a no life than all of you....Come on, you`re probably all fat kids eating pie all the day surfing the forums..

I will have you know.....

I am eating a doughnut right now!

Bullet747
03-15-2013, 09:27 PM

I eat lots of pie and surf the web but I am NOT a child.:p

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Oh ? You`re just no lifes then:p

Bullet747
03-15-2013, 09:32 PM
I box though. :nonchalance:

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 09:32 PM
I box though. :nonchalance:

And I fence..hello, fellow sportman

Bullet747
03-15-2013, 09:34 PM
So we're violent no lifes. That's usually a bad combo.

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 09:34 PM
So we're violent no lifes. That's usually a bad combo.

Indeed...

ACfan443
03-15-2013, 09:39 PM

I'm not a kid, nor am I fat. But I do love eating all day :D

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm not a kid, nor am I fat

proof or it did not happen....as a matter of fact, I want proof from all of you

Eternal Reward
03-15-2013, 09:46 PM
proof or it did not happen....as a matter of fact, I want proof from all of you

http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83452033569e20147e0740721970b-800wi

Second guy the on left.