PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that the story feels fragmented? [No Spoilers]

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm still waiting for my game to arrive (...) but I've read some worrying comments that the story feels fragmented, that it has the same kind of problems AC2 had (sudden weird jumps many years forward) but multiplied and even worse if you're not an expert on American Revolution history and don't know each historic figure. Is this true? Is it very distracting/confusing?

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm waiting for my PC copy as well. What I've heard from my friends is the story is slow to pick up pace, but once it does.. its an absolute beauty..

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 11:52 AM
You`re going to hear Conflicting Opinions..

I suggest asking the Game`s Devs. They`ll give an Unbiased and Definitive answer..

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I suggest asking the Game`s Devs. They`ll give an Unbiased and Definitive answer..Of course xD

Have you finished it already M? Did you like the game? Is Ratonhnhaké:ton as sexy as he looked on the screens? :D

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm waiting for my PC copy as well. What I've heard from my friends is the story is slow to pick up pace, but once it does.. its an absolute beauty..
The slow part at the beginning actually sets up the foundation extremely well...and that's all I'm going to say about that. To the OP: I'm close to the end, and so far it hasn't really make ridiculous jumps in terms of the key points of the Revolution. Do make an attempt to be mindful of the year you're playing in, though.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Of course xD

Have you finished it already M? Did you like the game? Is Ratonhnhaké:ton as sexy as he looked on the screens? :D
I have not finished it Yet, No..

and I`m loving the game, although disappointed at some removed things, but the sheer size of of the content is incredible.

So far, I`m loving Connor. His conflicts are engaging more so than Ezio`s for me. You feel his Struggles the entirety of the game due to Interactive Conversations. He`s as Kind and Humble as he is Broken and Angry..You`ll love him;)

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 12:03 PM
The slow part at the beginning actually sets up the foundation extremely well...and that's all I'm going to say about that. To the OP: I'm close to the end, and so far it hasn't really make ridiculous jumps in terms of the key points of the Revolution. Do make an attempt to be mindful of the year you're playing in, though.

Well they also told me the opening mission is one of the best AC missions ever. They were gonna spoil me but I ran away xD Connor style.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 12:03 PM
and I`m loving the game, although disappointed at some removed things, but the sheer size of of the content is incredible.What got removed from previews that disappointed you?

So far, I`m loving Connor. His conflicts are engaging more so than Ezio`s for me. You feel his Struggles the entirety of the game due to Interactive Conversations. He`s as Kind and Humble as he is Broken and Angry..You`ll love him;)http://i50.tinypic.com/4ztar.gif

I'm loving the sound of this!

Any sign of female love interest? :mad:

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:07 PM
What got removed from previews that disappointed you?

http://i50.tinypic.com/4ztar.gif

No, but that still does not make him a Homosexual...:p

The Removal of Canoes and Random missions. I`m currently trying to make Ubisoft release those as DLCs, but the people are not helping as they`re too busy replying to the countless threads that just bash the game or ones that are pointless..

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 12:10 PM
No, but that still does not make him a Homosexual...:pBut if there's no female love interest in sight, I can totally headcanon that he is hehehe http://i47.tinypic.com/4scv4m.gif

The Removal of Canoes and Random missions. I`m currently trying to make Ubisoft release those as DLCs, but the people are not helping as they`re too busy replying to the countless threads that just bash the game or ones that are pointless..Good luck. I'm working on getting my big puffy bird boy outfit as DLC

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 12:11 PM
ROFLMAO @ OP's sig xD

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:12 PM
ROFLMAO @ OP's sig xD
Yeah.. I never thought he`d be a Bieber fan.. L O L

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah.. I never thought he`d be a Bieber fan.. L O L
Gorl please :rolleyes: Be glad it wasn't you who lost the bet :rolleyes:

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 12:13 PM
spoiler!

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Gorl please :rolleyes:
Bieber Fan:rolleyes:

Your words talk not, but your Sig proves other wise:p

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Bieber Fan:rolleyes:

Your words talk not, but your Sig proves other wise:p
Sure :rolleyes:

M, go collect all feathers and take a pic of that native outfits that gets unlocked for me. I keep asking but no one has it yet ugh...

GuZZ33
11-04-2012, 12:16 PM
if you're not an expert on American Revolution history and don't know each historic figure.
As you progress through the single player story you recieve information about the characters you meet in the game world, like a small biography of each individual or groups of people etc and you can check this info at anytime, there is an on screen prompt each time you meet a certain character in game to let you know who is who and what they did etc. Really good stuff imho 10/10 to the devs for such a great game and i'm not a fan per se, can't wait for the pc version, it's a refreshing change for me.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Sure :rolleyes:

M, go collect all feathers and take a pic of that native outfits that gets unlocked for me. I keep asking but no one has it yet ugh...
Almost done with the feathers..

I`ll try to post a Pic when I`m done..

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Almost done with the feathers..

I`ll try to post a Pic when I`m done..
Really?! :D Yes please, I wanna see if that outfit's worth bothering or not, if it is I'm gonna collect all feathers ASAP :D

BlackRose1809
11-04-2012, 12:18 PM

No, but that still does not make him a Homosexual...:p

The Removal of Canoes and Random missions. I`m currently trying to make Ubisoft release those as DLCs, but the people are not helping as they`re too busy replying to the countless threads that just bash the game or ones that are pointless..

But if there's no female love interest in sight, I can totally headcanon that he is hehehe http://i47.tinypic.com/4scv4m.gif

I think Ubisoft thought of that sceneario of fangirls of yaoi when the game was made since there's a scene where he's is checking out a girl. xD

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I don't feel it's fragmented at all (at least to Seq. 5 - 2nd mission) - - Sure it speeds up some time, ,but {Poss SPOILER?} the 6 mo. span of time they skip over is what would have been you having to train to be an Assassin. [END SPOIL] They fast forward in time so you don't go thru tedious stuff to become your bad self :D I was grateful they chose not to put us thru that ... altho it would have been a good opportunity to get us some well needed combat training w/ the new mechanics. (Kinda like how they did the arena training sessions w/ the 1 sparring partner in AC2 in Monterg____? sp).
The story is fluent to me - and VERY good. It's almost like reading a book that unfolds & escalates each chapter. I never felt that way with Ezio's trilogy & I loved every one of them dearly!

MT4K
11-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Really?! :D Yes please, I wanna see if that outfit's worth bothering or not, if it is I'm gonna collect all feathers ASAP :D

I believe it's the same outfit Teen Connor wears. So if you have seen that then you have already seen it (I could be wrong though).

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 12:20 PM
I think Ubisoft thought of that sceneario of fangirls of yaoi when the game was made since there's a scene where he's is checking out a girl. xD
I'm not a girl oop. And if it's just that one scene, I'm gonna easily interpret it differently than 'checking out' and ignore it thehe http://i47.tinypic.com/4scv4m.gif

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't feel it's fragmented at all (at least to Seq. 5 - 2nd mission) - - Sure it speeds up some time, ,but {Poss SPOILER?} the 6 mo. span of time they skip over is what would have been you having to train to be an Assassin. [END SPOIL] They fast forward in time so you don't go thru tedious stuff to become your bad self :D I was grateful they chose not to put us thru that ... altho it would have been a good opportunity to get us some well needed combat training w/ the new mechanics. (Kinda like how they did the arena training sessions w/ the 1 sparring partner in AC2 in Monterg____? sp).
The story is fluent to me - and VERY good. It's almost like reading a book that unfolds & escalates each chapter. I never felt that way with Ezio's trilogy & I loved every one of them dearly!Thx for detailed answer! :)

I believe it's the same outfit Teen Connor wears. So if you have seen that then you have already seen it (I could be wrong though).
Yeah but I wanna know if it's literally the same teenage model (with younger face/longer hair and smaller build) or did they put some effort and modified it for adult Ratonhnhaké:ton

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Thx for detailed answer! :)

Yeah but I wanna know if it's literally the same teenage model (with younger face/longer hair and smaller build) or did they put some effort and modified it for adult Ratonhnhaké:ton
Its the Adult version;)

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Thx for detailed answer! :)

I don't know about the outfit itself, but your face/hair/build don't change. Maybe they stretched the outfit?

MT4K
11-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Its the Adult version;)

When the PC version is released. I'll likely be using that outfit a lot :p.

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 12:29 PM
>>Yeah but I wanna know if it's literally the same teenage model (with younger face/longer hair and smaller build) or did they put some effort and modified it for adult Ratonhnhaké:ton <<

Judging from your avatar pic there, it's modified - he looks different than the face I'm used to in Seq 4/5

>>I don't know about the outfit itself, but your face/hair/build don't change. Maybe they stretched the outfit? <<

Must be the hood then - his face is different imo but I wouldn't know about the outfit, haven't gotten there yet but it's coming very soon for me :D

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 12:30 PM
>>Yeah but I wanna know if it's literally the same teenage model (with younger face/longer hair and smaller build) or did they put some effort and modified it for adult Ratonhnhaké:ton <<

Judging from your avatar pic there, it's modified - he looks different than the face I'm used to in Seq 4/5Can you take a pic plz? :D

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Can anyone answer my question on the previous page? :|

Legendz54
11-04-2012, 12:36 PM
I finished the game and im sure that you will love Connor, There will also be some people that you will really want to kill.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 12:40 PM
There will also be some people that you will really want to kill.But M is not in the game from what I heard? :p ;)

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:41 PM
But M is not in the game from what I heard? :p ;)
I am :|

Legendz54
11-04-2012, 12:41 PM
But M is not in the game from what I heard? :p ;)

hahahaha

BlackRose1809
11-04-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm not a girl oop. And if it's just that one scene, I'm gonna easily interpret it differently than 'checking out' and ignore it thehe http://i47.tinypic.com/4scv4m.gif

Oops sorry. Didn't mean to think of you as one. and lol. But I laughed at that part of the game... it was like he was truly a person, he has his weakness and his strengths and plus he's like a 15 year old boy... so yeah. xD

Legendz54
11-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Oops sorry. Didn't mean to think of you as one. and lol. But I laughed at that part of the game... it was like he was truly a person, he has his weakness and his strengths and plus he's like a 15 year old boy... so yeah. xD

Achilles puts a stop to the "Checking out" very quickly.. lol

1000 th post !!!!

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:55 PM
I looked at girls when I was 8 :|

De Filosoof
11-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I hate to say this but they totally ruined the AC universe for me with the ending.
All that brilliant storywriting from previous games just got crushed.

Btw, what's up with the less detailed TWCB character models and cheap *** voice effects?

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Btw, what's up with the less detailed TWCB character models and cheap *** voice effects?
Just another useless thing to complain about..

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I may never understand some of these anal complaints.... some are valid, most are not [imho]

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 01:15 PM
anal complaints haha

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 01:27 PM
This is No Spoilers thread, don't talk ending peeps!

De Filosoof
11-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Just another useless thing to complain about..

No it isn't.
It makes it feel kinda fake.

And Assassin_M, have you seen the ending already?

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 01:43 PM
No it isn't.
Precisely my point..

Another useless thing to complain about..

De Filosoof
11-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Precisely my point..

Another useless thing to complain about..

You're a sad person.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 01:49 PM
No it isn't.

I have, and I found it ok. :D

MT4K
11-04-2012, 01:51 PM

I'll just quote this....

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 01:52 PM
You're a sad person.
Indeed...

De Filosoof
11-04-2012, 01:52 PM
I have, and I found it ok. :D

I'm happy for you.

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 01:55 PM
No it isn't.

If anything felt fake, it was out of AC2 actually. It was alot more archaic on several fronts. (didn't make it bad tho).
But I have the feeling if that weren't an issue, you'd find another insignificant one elsewhere..
By the way, all games are 'fake'. :p

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 01:56 PM
You're a sad person.

Indeed...

I'm happy for you.
http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/NowKissBlackSS.png

F4H bandicoot
11-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I hate to say this but they totally ruined the AC universe for me with the ending.
All that brilliant storywriting from previous games just got crushed.

Really??
It all made sense for me. Maybe you just don't 'get' it.

I felt some parts of the story felt fragmented, but overall it doesn't take away from the story.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Still laughing at the beiber sig xD

MT4K
11-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Stop talking about the ending guys. There's threads for that in the hints and tips section.

Maybe i need a new more visible font colour that screams manliness....

How about this? Stop talking about the ending in this thread guys. There's threads for that in the hints and tips section.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 02:08 PM
We can discuss this at the other threads, leave OP innocent xD

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Please tell me that was a mistake..

De Filosoof
11-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Sorry, mistake.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Dafuq, man..

he just told you not to discuss the ending, What are you blind ??

De Filosoof
11-04-2012, 02:17 PM
****, wrong thread.

Thought this was the spoiler thread.
My bad.

andreja110s
11-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Really??
It all made sense for me. Maybe you just don't 'get' it.

I felt some parts of the story felt fragmented, but overall it doesn't take away from the story.

Now I want the game so badly!!!

Still laughing at the beiber sig xD
You are not the only one XD

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 02:58 PM
So the laugh grows larger xDD

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Ohh nah noes what I will do now? :rolleyes: :p

lolzz19
11-04-2012, 03:12 PM
so, nobody has a pic of the outfit you get for collecting the feathers yet?

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 03:14 PM
so, nobody has a pic of the outfit you get for collecting the feathers yet?
Unfortunately :( :( :( I really wanna see it too!

andreja110s
11-04-2012, 03:19 PM
So the laugh grows larger xDD
Yep XD

Unfortunately :( :( :( I really wanna see it too!
What´s the name of the outfit?

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Yep XD

What´s the name of the outfit?
Kanien'kehá:ka Outfit

andreja110s
11-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Kanien'kehá:ka Outfit

This is what I found on Youtube( sadly it´s just the back of the outfit)[spoilers maybe]:

FirestarLuva
11-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I hope they make a sequel with Connor. I feel we didn't get to see enough of him. Another game with Connor seems more natural for AC3, than ACB was to AC2. They never actually planned a sequel with Ezio which is why they spanned a long period of his life in AC2. It would be such a waste of Connor's character if it's for only one game. He deserves more recognition, much more than Ezio did. If the devs really do have Connor's story already planned out for future games like they say and if it really does happen, I feel Connor's trilogy will be a true masterpiece in gaming.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 03:32 PM
This is what I found on Youtube( sadly it´s just the back of the outfit)[spoilers maybe]:

Thanks! :D Looks like it's his traditional outfit but "stretched" to his adult size. Should be good enough, I'm totally going to collect all feathers ASAP to dress him up in this :D

BTW, what's that last outfit on the right in the closet?

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 03:35 PM
I hope they make a sequel with Connor. I feel we didn't get to see enough of him. Another game with Connor seems more natural for AC3, than ACB was to AC2. They never actually planned a sequel with Ezio which is why they spanned a long period of his life in AC2. It would be such a waste of Connor's character if it's for only one game. He deserves more recognition, much more than Ezio did. If the devs really do have Connor's story already planned out for future games like they say and if it really does happen, I feel Connor's trilogy will be a true masterpiece in gaming.

100% agreed.

andreja110s
11-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Thanks! :D Looks like it's his traditional outfit but "stretched" to his adult size. Should be good enough, I'm totally going to collect all feathers ASAP to dress him up in this :D

I´m glad it helped you! :)
Uh, I don´t know. I still haven´t played the game( PC)...

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Thx! :) BTW, for those who played, is there some 'story' to the basic assassin outfit Ratonhnhaké:ton gets? In the pre-release previews, they said that he adds native additions to the 'job' assassin outfit himself but in the trailers, when Achilles shows him this outfit, they're already on the outfit. It's stupid

InfectedNation
11-04-2012, 03:49 PM

Yes, the Native outfit is Connor's teenage clothing stretched to adult size.
And the outfit on the end would be (SPOILERS) prisoner outfit from one of the story missions.
Both these outfits reset Connor's hair to default... which is a temporary solution to the hair change at the end of the game that most of us hate so much.
Also in case you wanted to know... the blue outfit on the left of Ezio's robes is something you unlock when you complete Peg-legs treasure quests.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Both these outfits reset Connor's hair to default... which is a temporary solution to the hair change at the end of the game that most of us hate so much.They do? Boo that actually sucks for me, I like the mohawk :D They should just implement an option to pick his hairstyle, everyone would be happy then

monsterroc
11-04-2012, 04:12 PM
I would say that once you complete it and don't get what just happened. Think about it for a bit and If you want play the game again

Mr_Shade
11-04-2012, 04:24 PM

indeed.

Spoilers cover ANYTHING seen in the game - so outfit videos too

If people want banning - they need only ask.. rather than ruining a thread.

andreja110s
11-04-2012, 04:39 PM
indeed.

Spoilers cover ANYTHING seen in the game - so outfit videos too

If people want banning - they need only ask.. rather than ruining a thread.

I put the spoiler tag! Yes, okay, you are right, it´s a No spoilers thread, I am truly sorry, but still, my post is better than the one xBASSxMONSTAx posted in a thread (without the spoiler tag!)- he posted the picture( not the link!) of Connor after the end of the game- without the spoiler tag. And he wasn´t banned, he got a warning.

Mr_Shade
11-04-2012, 04:48 PM
I put the spoiler tag! Yes, okay, you are right, it´s a No spoilers thread, I am truly sorry, but still, my post is better than the one xBASSxMONSTAx posted in a thread (without the spoiler tag!)- he posted the picture( not the link!) of Connor after the end of the game- without the spoiler tag. And he wasn´t banned, he got a warning.
Spoilers OF ANYKIND - are not to be posted in the general forum.. and certainly NOT in a thread which says [NO SPOILERS] in the title..

The rules are very clear on this.. spoilers go in the hints&tips forum,

Dropping a spoiler into a thread like that - is VERY dangerous, since once people starting posting little ones.. bigger ones tend to follow ;)

As you got the warning... so did he..

If someone drops a HUGE spoiler bomb - they get banned - no questions..

The image posted, was needed for the discussion -- and the thread is now in the HINTS&TIPS forum - where spoilers ARE allowed ;)

InfectedNation
11-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Sorrrrrrry Shade. Won't happen again

andreja110s
11-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Sorrrrrrry Shade. Won't happen again

Yeah,... Sorry, Shade.

BeCk41
11-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm still waiting for my game to arrive (...) but I've read some worrying comments that the story feels fragmented, that it has the same kind of problems AC2 had (sudden weird jumps many years forward) but multiplied and even worse if you're not an expert on American Revolution history and don't know each historic figure. Is this true? Is it very distracting/confusing?

Urgggg o9

I'm still waiting for my copy of AC3 for PC as well...
But try to limit 1 post per day, there is only so much of Beiber I can take. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/angry/grumpy.gif

andreja110s
11-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Urgggg o9

I'm still waiting for my copy of AC3 for PC as well...

Same here... 19 days left...

Mr_Shade
11-04-2012, 05:15 PM
You should be VERY aware and be careful of posting spoilers then..? ;)

The reason for the VERY strict rules are not only to protect console players - but the PC community too.. ;)

BBALive
11-04-2012, 05:43 PM
I didn't think the story was fragmented. There's a few time skips as Connor grows up and trains, and in-between sequences, but it flows together pretty well.

yoshiyukily
11-04-2012, 06:32 PM
AC3's story itself didn't feel fragmented. The opening mission is definitely my favorite out of all of them, including the other games. The plot with TOWCB feels incredibly fragmented over the span of the entire series.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Hopefully only 1 day left for me, I BETTER get my shipment tomorrow, it was sent on Tuesday :mad:

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Hopefully only 1 day left for me, I BETTER get my shipment tomorrow, it was sent on Tuesday :mad:
Every time I just see that JB Sig I Awwww :P

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Every time I just see that JB Sig I Awwww :PYes, I know you love Justin :rolleyes:

andreja110s
11-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Every time I just see that JB Sig I Awwww :P

Me too! XD
Why did you loose the bet, RatonhnhakeFan ?

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Why did you loose the bet, RatonhnhakeFan ?It was with M about a certain thing that's a rather significant spoiler so we can't talk about it here xD

andreja110s
11-04-2012, 07:54 PM
It was with M about a certain thing that's a rather significant spoiler so we can't talk about it here xD

What I learned from this: never bet against M. :p

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 08:57 PM
AC3's story itself didn't feel fragmented. The opening mission is definitely my favorite out of all of them, including the other games. The plot with TOWCB feels incredibly fragmented over the span of the entire series.
I have yet to finish ACIII, but to me, TOWCB storyline doesn't feel fragmented as much as it was painfully slowly progressed. We got our first revelation at the end of ACII. We haven't made much progression since then except introducing two more TOWCB characters. If you were to play the modern storyline scenes back to back, it probably wouldn't fragmented.

BlackRose1809
11-06-2012, 05:52 AM
Achilles puts a stop to the "Checking out" very quickly.. lol

1000 th post !!!!

He did and that's when I LOL'd

I looked at girls when I was 8 :|

lol pervy 8 year old. xD jk jk. But I meant as a guy... it was like, oh dear... lol