PDA

View Full Version : Assasins Creed 2 - Controls **** up when in tombs

Bofgillett
11-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Whilst attempting to get the seals form any toomb and after activating the levers within any toomb i loose the direction control for my toon. When the gate i am attempting to get to has closed I then get full control again. Is this a fcuk factor thrown in by Ubisoft or is there a way around it ??

killsthings
11-04-2012, 04:21 PM
You're describing one of the most longstanding annoyances about Assassins Creed 2 (and one they won't fix because they don't consider it broken). It's as if someone went out of their way to point out that there's no actual skill involved in what you're doing at all: you're just mashing buttons in a sequence like some mindless component on a production line. After a few hours of it you're left thinking Christ, if this was Gordon Freeman we'd have just piled up some boxes and been on our way, by now!

I recommend just skipping the tombs. They lack imagination, ruin the game, and you can get by without the fancy armour anyway.

Bofgillett
11-09-2012, 05:35 PM
thks for the reply, got to be cheaper to skip the tombs rather than replacing smashed up keyboards
:nonchalance:

LadyFaye66
05-13-2017, 02:25 AM
It kinda ruins the game that you can't complete the all the objectives of the game, especially as much as you pay for most of these games. I would've thought 5 years later they would've fixed the problem by now, because it is really is a bad glitch. I realize you need to be quick making the jumps to the door but this is more than that, it's like the game freezes or goes in very slow motion for a few seconds and by the time you can move again, the doors are already closing. I've even tried reinstalling the game to see if it fixed the issue, no luck with that. :( Very disappointed Ubisoft!!!

Lignjoslav
05-14-2017, 08:57 PM
Is it a bug that only affects certain people?! I don't remember it being so bad, although confined spaces do bring out the worst in AC controls. For me, the tombs were a bit frustrating at times, but I was super excited to be in them, plus they make for a nice change of pace from the usual stuff.

strigoi1958
05-15-2017, 12:00 AM
Well for me... the tombs drove me to the brink of insanity :) I don't know why but my co-ordination is awful as soon as I hear a timer counting down... there was no glitch but A lot of hours I wasted in the tombs falling in the water and having to swim back, reset the lever and pull it to start again

I don't remember all of them but I do remember one in particular that almost made me smash my monitor in frustration :)

I had to pull a lever and jump across a few steps then I had to jump forward against a wall.. and the moment I touched the wall I was supposed to jump sideways (almost bouncing off the wall..) and i must have just hit that wall and instead of going sideways Ezio just jumped straight forwards .. and unfortunately I must have done that 200 to 300 times over a week before I finally got it done.... So I cannot ever bring myself to play AC2 ever again :)

Now it is possible that at the time, I did not have a gaming keyboard (I do now) and gaming keyboards allow for multiple key presses to register while normal keyboards do not, so maybe I was pressing too many keys at once..

But definitely no glitch.. just my panic and probably miss-timed key pressing... after 20 attempts it was slightly annoying, after 200... AAARRRRGHHHHH !! I'm just glad I got it done finally :)

I think it is probably a lot easier with a gamepad but I cannot use one :(

SixKeys
05-15-2017, 03:12 PM
It's definitely annoying, but doable with a bit of practice. You just need to train with the parkour commands for things like wall jumps until they become second nature, so you can quickly react when the camera shifts perspectives.