PDA

View Full Version : Flt Lt geoffrey page

73GIAP_GSXR1000
09-12-2004, 04:56 PM
i have just finnished read his auto biography and i can highly recommend it. spookelly i have also been watching Most Haunted Live (UK TV only i think, its on LivingTV) (mothers fault) and they have supposedly contacted him through a medium as he is now unfortunately in the big aeroplane in the sky, i think its quite good really(the book i mean).

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/TransAm/da04caef.jpg

PC Specs:- Pentium 4 3 Gig
512MB Ram
GeForce FX5200 61.76 drivers
Windows XP (Home Edition)
Direct X 9b
Realtek AC97 Audio sound card

[This message was edited by 73GIAP_GSXR1000 on Mon September 13 2004 at 05:59 AM.]

73GIAP_GSXR1000
09-12-2004, 04:56 PM
i have just finnished read his auto biography and i can highly recommend it. spookelly i have also been watching Most Haunted Live (UK TV only i think, its on LivingTV) (mothers fault) and they have supposedly contacted him through a medium as he is now unfortunately in the big aeroplane in the sky, i think its quite good really(the book i mean).

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/TransAm/da04caef.jpg

PC Specs:- Pentium 4 3 Gig
512MB Ram
GeForce FX5200 61.76 drivers
Windows XP (Home Edition)
Direct X 9b
Realtek AC97 Audio sound card

[This message was edited by 73GIAP_GSXR1000 on Mon September 13 2004 at 05:59 AM.]

Freycinet
09-13-2004, 04:41 AM
I don't care much for the "contact" mumbo-jumbo, but Page's book was very good, it's listed at the bottom i³f this little description:

"Geoffrey Page was born on 16th May, 1920. The nephew of Frederick Handley Page, Page was educated at Dean Close, Cheltenham, and Imperial College, where he studied aeronautical engineering.

Page joined the Royal Air Force two weeks after the outbreak of the Second World War. After training at Cranwell he flew a Hawker Hurricane during the Battle of Britain. He was shot down on 12th August, 1940, and received serious burns to his face and hands.

Page was sent to the Queen Victoria Burns Unit in East Grinstead, and after fifteen operations carried out by the plastic surgeon, Archibald McIndoe, he returned to active service in 1942. He flew a Supermarine Spitfire before switching to the Mustang fighter.

In 1943 Page won the DFC and a second when his tally of enemy aircraft shot down reached ten. Promoted to squadron leader, Page was commander of 122 squadron until being shot in the leg during a flying operation.

Page returned to duty in 1944 and provided air cover for the D-Day landings and the assault at Arnhem. Soon after reaching his target of fifteen enemy planes shot down (one for every operation at the Queen Victoria Burns Unit) Page crash-landed and fractured his back.

After leaving the Royal Air Force Page became a founder member and first chairman of the Guinea Pig Club, an organization of men who had been the patients of Archibald McIndoe during the Second World War.

Page published his autobiography, Tale of a Guinea Pig: The Exploits of a World War II Fighter Pilot, in 1981. In later years Page worked for a variety of international aviation organizations. Geoffrey Page died on 3rd August, 2000."

JG52Uther
09-13-2004, 05:52 AM
whats spooky is i have just read 'shot down in flames' again.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/FW.jpg Achtung Baby!