PDA

View Full Version : Any random combat based events or missions in AC3?

adarwinter
11-03-2012, 07:46 PM
hi guys. while im waiting for the PC version i got a few questions:

1) are there random missions that you can do whenever you want that are combat based?
i know there are some shallow courier missions where you deliver letters to ppl but these do not seem interesting nor involve combat.
i always wished there will be missions asking connor to kill a target or a number of targets unrelated to the story so whenever you wish to
have some action fun you can just take one of these missions. is there such a thing?

2) also i heard there is some sort of fort missions where you are supposed to take over a fort somehow. is this something like the missions in ACB and ACR where
you need to kill a general in a part of the city to rid the area of the control of the templars?

3) are there random times where the player is attacked by groups of enemies (they attack him on their own initiative because they are of a rival faction or cuz connor is wanted or some other reason) without provoking them first?
thanks for reading :)

LetticeXvi
11-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Read my latest post titled
To Sum up some questions

but to quickly answer.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

CobraCmdr23
11-03-2012, 08:00 PM
There are assassination contracts placed around the area where a target is picked and you kill them. It's usually some random NPC soldiers, nothing hard at all but it is there.
There are times where a group of soldiers have a guard dog. If you get near the dog the dog will bark instantly flagging you with notoriety and you have to flee or fight for your life (in towns, if you fight a group of soldiers...there is going to be...a lot of soldiers. Insane amounts.)

Also yes, you find forts ran by Templars. You kill an officer or officers in them and blow up their powder keg supplies...raise the flag to claim it as colonials and bam it is cleared fo Templar presence. You will find sections of the towns controlled by the Templars/Assassins or disputed.

lightning667
11-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Read my latest post titled
To Sum up some questions

but to quickly answer.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

1.No
2.Yes
3.No

adarwinter
11-03-2012, 08:55 PM
1.No
2.Yes
3.No

i wonder why the contradiction. lighting 667, care to elaborate?

lightning667
11-03-2012, 09:16 PM
There are SPOILERS but since you asked.

1.The random events that I assume you are talking about is things like you might see a group of poachers out in the frontier doing something their not supposed to be doing like harassing a citizen and you put a stop to it, they say thank you and you go about your day. Or something along the lines of RDR random missions. These don't happen. the closest thing that comes to this are convoys that travel through the frontier you attack and get to loot. But I believe these stop happening once you defeat the fort.

2.Yea the forts are like the towers in ACB but they put more detail into it, and it's possible to complete them a few ways. They are more fun than the towers.

3.I've already played through and beat the game really fast because I wanted to know the story. I'm playing again just to get to know all the stuff there is to do in game. In both of the playthroughs the only reason I have been attacked is because you always have a notoriety of 1 or more on the frontier. I would imagine the groups you are talking about is like bounty hunters which a lot of people including myself thought were going to be in game but sadly were not.