PDA

View Full Version : Oak Island wolves

K0rN b4LL
11-03-2012, 06:22 PM
What is with the wolves on this island? I'm doing the last part of the Captain Kidd treasure hunt quests and a bunch of wolves ambush me after discovering where the treasure is buried. Now you get the normal command prompts that you get when dealing with any wolf but it keeps saying I'm failing them even when I am clearly pressing the proper buttons. Are the timing for these wolves stricter or something because it is part of a quest?

SRKNCRKC
11-03-2012, 06:59 PM
climb up to tree near u and air assassinate them. but Connor fails to kill them and drops next to wolfs just keep pressing attack button and climb again for next wolf !.

digitizr
11-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Does not work at all. Every time I try to air-assassinate a wolf, Connor misses and pressing attack does not do anything. Either it's a glitch/bug (this game has far to many of them, even after this big day 1 patch, shame on you UbiSoft), or your tip does not work at all.

TrueAssassin77
11-10-2012, 08:56 PM
these wolves are bugged. i do the QTEs right everytime but the 2nd button input doesn't activate. it makes it as if you missed the button even if you got it.

Gianavel
11-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Does not work at all. Every time I try to air-assassinate a wolf, Connor misses and pressing attack does not do anything. Either it's a glitch/bug (this game has far to many of them, even after this big day 1 patch, shame on you UbiSoft), or your tip does not work at all.

Go back and reread his tip. It specifically says that the air assassinate fails - HOWEVER it gets you close enough to the wolf that you can kill it by basically spamming the attack button. You might have to chase them a few steps, but don't get too far from the tree.

Oak Island has a few really frustrating bugs.

FadedEcho
11-10-2012, 10:41 PM
The problem of attempted air assassinate scaring away a wolf can be solved by simply dropping down with B (or circle) when a wolf or two are directly beneath you. Then spam attack and you'll take one of them out. Climb, rinse, repeat!

Mako
11-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Poison dart also works, without failing your full sync objectives. Guess the game does not count dart as projectile. =) I have also read that trap also works. I did not have any traps on me and just had 3 poison darts, so that is what I used at the time.

My save game got corrupted shortly after this sequence so i will get to try it all again if and when Ubisoft fixes that bug too. This game is very cool but **** if there is not quite a bit of infuriating bugs.

BBALive
11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Shoot them. I'm not sure if it's a bug, or if they're just meant to be really hard.

TeamCoby
11-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Shoot them with the rope dart

raytrek79
11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
I don't know if this glitch is just on my copy or on all, and I don't know if the patch has fixed it but if you run directly toward the wolves, to where they spawn as soon as it starts, there is a fallen log/tree, when I jump on it, as someone said, to air assasinate and get out of their attack range, it glitches and the wolves freeze on the spot. It is a "dog" move so to speak, but it worked for me. you can kill them without a fight.

livewire_1000
11-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Poison dart also works, without failing your full sync objectives. Guess the game does not count dart as projectile. =) I have also read that trap also works. I did not have any traps on me and just had 3 poison darts, so that is what I used at the time.

My save game got corrupted shortly after this sequence so i will get to try it all again if and when Ubisoft fixes that bug too. This game is very cool but **** if there is not quite a bit of infuriating bugs.

The poison darts work thanks for the tip. I love this franchise but this game is real buggy.

NyxCrab
11-21-2012, 12:01 AM
It seems as though that every mission where you have to kill certain animals that happen. That brown bear mission, Check That Elk mission , check (hell, when it killed me, I kept spawning under the ground and kept getting desychned after getting resychned. WTF) These wolves, check.