PDA

View Full Version : Terrible ending? (spoilers)

JamesRedhound
11-03-2012, 03:15 AM
Am I alone on this? I played through five sequences today excited to see what would happen at the end of one of my most favorite series of all time and what do I have to show for it? Abstergo and the Templars were almost nonexistent in the entire game, and we are left with another cliff-hanger in not only the real world but also with CONNOR. This is obviously just another way for Ubisoft to make more money with another two games of Connor and god knows what else, and it kind of pisses me off. Anyone else agree?

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 03:16 AM
I do not..

You`ll find a wave of people coming and agreeing with you, though.. Any minute now

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 03:20 AM
I'm okay with cliffhangers, maybe it's just me.. *shrugs*

BBALive
11-03-2012, 03:22 AM
Am I alone on this? I played through five sequences today excited to see what would happen at the end of one of my most favorite series of all time and what do I have to show for it? Abstergo and the Templars were almost nonexistent in the entire game, and we are left with another cliff-hanger in not only the real world but also with CONNOR. This is obviously just another way for Ubisoft to make more money with another two games of Connor and god knows what else, and it kind of pisses me off. Anyone else agree?

We all knew that the series wasn't ending with AC3. That alone should have prepared you for the fact that they were going to plant the seeds for a new story.

JamesRedhound
11-03-2012, 03:23 AM
I'm okay with cliffhangers, maybe it's just me.. *shrugs*

I am okay with cliffhangers as well, in the right settings. The past games have all had cliffhangers and that was fine. But this was supposed to be the last game, at least of the whole present day situation. I was under the impression future AC games would take place during the actual time of the assassin. They should not have left this plot line open for milking in my opinion.

Not to mention there was no future development between the Assassins and the Templars. Just a dead Vidic...

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 03:24 AM
We all knew that the series wasn't ending with AC3. That alone should have prepared you for the fact that they were going to plant the seeds for a new story.
Key sentence being "Plant seeds"

Hell, Even Corey himself used that sentence when describing Desmond`s Ending before release..

Not to mention there was no future development between the Assassins and the Templars. Just a dead Vidic...

Because That is not Development, right ??

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 03:26 AM
I don't know.. they never said this was going to be the last AC. This was supposed to end Desmond's story and it did, while giving clues onto where it could go next. Guess I'm ok with that.

JamesRedhound
11-03-2012, 03:27 AM
Key sentence being "Plant seeds"

Hell, Even Corey himself used that sentence when describing Desmond`s Ending before release..

Because That is not Development, right ??

I guess it was not much of a development considering right after you do it they tell you it wasn't a big deal.

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 03:28 AM
I guess it was not much of a development considering right after you do it they tell you it wasn't a big deal.
The Templar Order will not be gone by the death of 2 top Agents. It may not have been Important, Impact wise, but its a Development nonetheless.

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 03:30 AM
The Templar Order will not be gone by the death of 2 top Agents. It may not have been Important, Impact wise, but its a Development nonetheless.

Just like the Assassin Order wasn't gone after the last Mentor was killed by Cross..

BBALive
11-03-2012, 03:31 AM

It's like the impact of Caesar's death in Fallout NV (if you kill him). And by that I mean, there is no impact. There's also going to be replacements or successors.

UrDeviant1
11-03-2012, 03:37 AM
The point Is that the series is still open for development. The Assassin and Templar orders still remain, there Is a new threat In THCB, now that the solar flare Isn't as much of an Issue. And I'd love to play another game with Connor.

thejoshknight
11-03-2012, 03:42 AM
All the ending did was set up the war of resistance against Juno, and cleared Desmond out of the way. Don't you think 5 games with the same character is enough? I would rather them have concluded the series all together, as I don't see a need for more assassins creed, but when I knew that wasn't going to happen, I was glad that we at least get a new main character.

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 03:42 AM
The point Is that the series is still open for development. The Assassin and Templar orders still remain, there Is a new threat In THCB, now that the solar flare Isn't as much of an Issue. And I'd love to play another game with Connor.

Yeah me too. He deserves one more game in my opinion.

UrDeviant1
11-03-2012, 03:51 AM
Yeah me too. He deserves one more game in my opinion.

The genetics between ancestors confuses me a bit and I don't know whether or not we can have another game as Connor without using Desmond. Maybe ubi will just wrap up his story through DLC.

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 03:53 AM
The genetics between ancestors confuses me a bit and I don't know whether or not we can have another game as Connor without using Desmond. Maybe ubi will just wrap up his story through DLC.

A descendant of Desmond can view Connor's memory..

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 03:55 AM
A descendant of Desmond can view Connor's memory..
According to the ending, Desmond Miles` Descent hits a dead end (Assuming William and his Wife do no produce another Child)

JCearlyyears
11-03-2012, 03:58 AM
What if he had a kid before the series started and we didn't know about it and neither did he?

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 04:00 AM
What if he had a kid before the series started and we didn't know about it and neither did he?
Possible..

Turul.
11-03-2012, 04:23 AM
my post was in violation of forum rules...and so is this entire thread

Turul.
11-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Edit: Mod please delete this thread

shanethebouncer
11-03-2012, 04:40 AM
I had just had a problem with the choice that Desmond made at the end. It seemed very unlike what the assassins would do.

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 04:42 AM
I had just had a problem with the choice that Desmond made at the end. It seemed very unlike what the assassins would do.
On the contrary.

I`m sure The Templars would`v chosen the opposite. Everyone dead, but them.. they`ll be hailed as heroes and they can finally have their Perfect World..

shanethebouncer
11-03-2012, 04:44 AM
On the contrary.

I`m sure The Templars would`v chosen the opposite. Everyone dead, but them.. they`ll be hailed as heroes and they can finally have their Perfect World..

But the choice was that humans would be reborn under this divine scripture of Desmond which they would inevitably pervert. But at least they wouldn't be slaves to some super god in the sky. They try and fail until maybe they got it right.

Dungenmaster2
11-03-2012, 04:49 AM
But the choice was that humans would be reborn under this divine scripture of Desmond which they would inevitably pervert. But at least they wouldn't be slaves to some super god in the sky. They try and fail until maybe they got it right.

Or Desmond could save the human race and the Assassins could try to save the world from being ruled by Juno. Who knows maybe even the Templars help out. Leaves a lot of room to continue the story without Desmond.

And as much as I'd actually like some Connor sequels I doubt it will happen with Desmond ya know, being dead and all.

shanethebouncer
11-03-2012, 04:52 AM
Or Desmond could save the human race and the Assassins could try to save the world from being ruled by Juno. Who knows maybe even the Templars help out. Leaves a lot of room to continue the story without Desmond.

And as much as I'd actually like some Connor sequels I doubt it will happen with Desmond ya know, being dead and all.

As William previously stated the assassins and templars simply cannot coexist. I liked Connor but I believe their intent on a new setting for games to come.

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 04:53 AM

As I see it:
Juno released: (almost) all of Earth saved, Mankind enslaved by TWCB
Juno not released: (almost) all of Earth destroyed, Mankind enslaved by Desmond's followers.

So he picked the pragmatic choice. And hey, he defeated those b******s once, we can do it again. Thats what Desmond thought.

shanethebouncer
11-03-2012, 04:59 AM
As I see it:
Juno not released: (almost) all of Earth destroyed, Mankind enslaved by Desmond's followers.

So he picked the pragmatic choice. And hey, he defeated those b******s once, we can do it again. Thats what Desmond thought.
Mankind wouldn't be enslaved under his doctrines just divided. Which they are now but I would imagine it is slightly easier to mount an insurrection against fellow man than against a celestial being would't you agree? Desmond choose the former because he was tired of it all and just wanted the choice that saved the most people. The poor guy was under too much duress.

terroAssassin
11-03-2012, 05:30 AM
As I see it:

Its essentially a lose lose scenario but the Templars would be more prone to take advantage of a restart of humanity just like they took advantage of it before.

AU7thGear
11-03-2012, 06:35 AM
I really have hated almost all the endings of the games except for AC1. Don't get me wrong, a good cliff hanger where needed is always welcome but doing it 4 games in a row. Man, it's exhausting. AC2 I could put up with, even brotherhood was tolerable but when they finally said some answers would be revealed in Revelations, and they gave us an answer to about 2 questions it's ultra frustrating. I assumed that there would me more AC games after this as that is what both Alex Hutchinson and Corey May alluded too, just not in this crappy way. I mean Desmond really got quite a crappy end. With a lot of un-answered questions. I just wish they could give us answers to the questions's we've been wanting to know about for so long!

AdrianJacek
11-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Mankind wouldn't be enslaved under his doctrines just divided. Which they are now but I would imagine it is slightly easier to mount an insurrection against fellow man than against a celestial being would't you agree? Desmond choose the former because he was tired of it all and just wanted the choice that saved the most people. The poor guy was under too much duress.
If he chose to not release Juno humanity would still be in a loop - pure begginings, corruption over the ages, endless fight between factions, another apocalypse that cannot be stopped because factions were to busy killing each other. Now there's a chance to change something. Plus you didn't commit a mass genocide. Juno was a tricky little b*tch I tell ya'. Making Desmond enter the temple right before 21.12.12 (12.21.12)