PDA

View Full Version : Connor's bow

adamsocal
11-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Anyone notice that when Connor's bow is slung on his back while his hood is down (in Homestea), part of the bow is always glitched into his hood? It's something that is so small, but since I am exposed to it for so long, it just seems so sloppy to have left this in the game like this.

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Anyone notice that when Connor's bow is slung on his back while his hood is down (in Homestea), part of the bow is always glitched into his hood? It's something that is so small, but since I am exposed to it for so long, it just seems so sloppy to have left this in the game like this.

Not only that, but the cord from the bow is going through his body.
AC games always had many clipping issues, but this game has too much in my opinion.

Sometimes it feels like there's almost no collision detection at all.

Aphex_Tim
11-02-2012, 11:00 PM
I found a better bow glitch.
Try jumping on a ledge while holding your tomahawk, then fire your bow from there. He'll actually fire an arrow from the tomahawk and then put it on his back next to his bow.

adamsocal
11-02-2012, 11:03 PM
you're right. geesh, right now I am mounted on my horse, and the sword I have on my belt is actually pentrating the entire left side fo the horse, and piercing through the horse's left ribcage.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Please ensure this goes in this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720981-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Bugs-and-Issues-Thread-*Possible-Spoilers*

BBALive
11-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Clipping is a problem in many games. It's hard to avoid when you have a character capable of carrying a lot of weapons, interacting with the environment or riding horses.

FSOTG
11-03-2012, 03:10 PM
This game is a clipping galore! I think it's the worse of the serie in that category.

NPC legs sitting on crates with their legs coming through at the tibias, shoulders coming through belts, soldier's knees coming through their red coat, pony tail going through collar and many, many others, but the worse is Desmond having a big lump on his back, so big in fact, it comes through his back pack.

It just looks like the back pack was once part of Desmond's mesh and they decide to add another back pack over it, without ever fixing the body mesh, it's really disturbing to see.

The only thing worse in my opinion, is how ugly the horses are, but that has nothing to do with clipping.

NinjaOnFire
11-03-2012, 03:27 PM
I got a glitch where he used the bow in place of his equipped weapon.

FSOTG
11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Just noticed that the alpha map doesn't work on the feathers on Connor's costume, in game, but in the cinematic they work fine.