PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks AC3 was a disappointment? [spoilers]

bizzysgs
11-02-2012, 08:09 PM
First I want to say that I have been a big fan of this franchise since AC 2 and I played all of the AC games.When many people were complaining that ubisoft is launching a new AC every year I was excited and was willing to buy all of them even if they launched a new one every week.I didn't care if there were no major changes between the games.I always say "If it ain't broke ,don't fix it" .I waited all year for AC3 to come out and it's not like I built it up in my head too much because I would have been happy even if it played exactly like the old games.But sadly, after waiting this long ,I was very disappointed.I really wanted to like it and I actually tried to force my brain to like it but I just couldn't.

The story sucked big time and the missions were boring for the most part.Some people might get mad at me for saying this ,and I can't put an exact finger on what it was about the game that made it so bad.But I will try to explain the best way I can.The story was poorly designed/structured .There was no character development and no reason to get attached to any of the characters.The whole thing felt like they wanted to fit too many events in too little time.I don't know how to express this so people can understand me(English is my second language so I'm having trouble expressing myself).The story had no fluidity.They went too abruptly from one event to another,not giving us enough time to get settled in so to speak.

They strayed too far away from the type of story elements that made assassin's creed 1 and 2 such great games.I didn't complain about Brotherhood and Revelations even though they already started to change the direction they were going with the game since brotherhood.But I enjoyed them non the less.

The missions felt boring and there were only few missions that got me excited like in the old days.Every AC game had better and better missions each year but this time it felt like they didn't put too much thought in them.The guns sucked as well.It takes too much time to reload a weapon...So you're telling me that they had better guns in 1500(AC Brotherhood) than they had in 1776 ??? It was also harder to aim where I wanted to since they screwed up the aiming too.

The ending came too sudden and unexpected...and without spoiling anything I'm just gonna say it was mediocre and nothing special of worthy of such a great series.But it was ok... I don't know for sure but I'm willing to bet that the people who worked on the story for AC1 and 2 are no longer working on it.Assassin's creed was just like LOST.It started out amazing and by the end it went down the toilet.

The only thing I liked about AC3 was the combat improvements.It was a nice change and just a little bit more challenging.They wasted all their time and effort on the wildlife and the big maps than include different cities,forests,etc...But what good is this big environment if there is nothing interesting to do in it.Who the hell cares about hunting rabbits ?

I don't know who is responsible for the bad things in this game but I have a feeling that the creative director has at least 50% of the blame.No disrespect to Alex Hutchinson,but I don't think he was the right man for the job.My advice for the people at ubisoft.

For the next AC game please hire back the old writers and get people who understand what made the game great from the beginning to be in charge of the project.Sorry for the long post if anyone ever read it.I needed to discharge somewhere amd I tried to be as short as possible.I would like to know what other fans think.Do you agree with me?Do you disagree?What did you like about the game ? What did you dislike ?

EDIT: Someone told me in a post bellow that the writers for AC1 and 2 are still working for ubisoft but I'm not going to edit out what I said.

Ielgon
11-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Paragraphs, use them.

bizzysgs
11-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Paragraphs, use them.
What difference does it make ?

apresmode
11-02-2012, 08:17 PM
People wont want to read a giant block of text without structure. So if your post was just to get it out, OK. If you want constructive responses, though, it's pretty tough to follow.

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Feedback thread. use it..

And I disagree..btw.. the writer of AC III is the same one who wrote II and I

Ielgon
11-02-2012, 08:20 PM
What difference does it make ?

It's easier to follow. Long passages of text without breaks turn people off of reading it. People lose track of where they are and either have to start over and/or loose interest. And I'm not sure how old you are but eventually the world is going to require you write in paragraphs when you write things for other people to read, so it's best to already attempt it.

Not trying to be mean, just trying to help you since you might have a great remark/comment/point but the format in which you present it is something that turns people off and it is therefore lost which might be a shame.

sho3s22
11-02-2012, 08:20 PM
didn't read your whole paragraph, way too much man, but i agree it was a huge disappointment. I felt like Connor was juts kinda, "meh". And all the bugs are not helping at all. Big drop off from the quality of the last three games with Ezio.

Silhouelle
11-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Well, the difference being is that most people are not going to bother reading a wall of text. Its bad on the eyes and is just annoying. I take it you posted on the forums to have your opinion actually read, so.

As to AC3 anyways, I'm dissapointed in a few minor things but overall I'm very much enjoying the game. I get the impression its nicer for role players than others though,

bizzysgs
11-02-2012, 08:32 PM
It's easier to follow. Long passages of text without breaks turn people off of reading it. People lose track of where they are and either have to start over and/or loose interest. And I'm not sure how old you are but eventually the world is going to require you write in paragraphs when you write things for other people to read, so it's best to already attempt it.

Not trying to be mean, just trying to help you since you might have a great remark/comment/point but the format in which you present it is something that turns people off and it is therefore lost which might be a shame.
Is it better now ? When I wrote it I didn't realize how long it actually was and I also don't have trouble reading like this.But I understand your point.

hyatari
11-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Considering English is your 2nd language, that was very articulately put and I agree with a lot of your points, particularly how boring linear the missions were on the whole.

BlackLight3578
11-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Spoiler
kkkk
kikkkkk
llllllll
In a way yes, it was a disappointment. The story wasn't horrible, it just wasn't as good as the other games. Though, the end were connor is putting the key in Achilles son 'Connor davenport' and he has a look of relization on his face, it was kinda heart breaking. he just found out the Achilles was so reluctant on his decision for revenge and to even train connor because he didn't want another son to die. Also, the way connor was reflecting on all that has happened at the end felt well done. Idk it just seemed like he was going to grow from everything that happened.

bizzysgs
11-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Spoiler
kkkk
kikkkkk
llllllll
In a way yes, it was a disappointment. The story wasn't horrible, it just wasn't as good as the other games. Though, the end were connor is putting the key in Achilles son 'Connor davenport' and he has a look of relization on his face, it was kinda heart breaking. he just found out the Achilles was so reluctant on his decision for revenge and to even train connor because he didn't want another son to die. Also, the way connor was reflecting on all that has happened at the end felt well done. Idk it just seemed like he was going to grow from everything that happened.
I think you're right.The story had some good moments...But because it was structured so bad it made it seem bad overall.It's hard to notice the good things when there are too many bad things to distract you.

bizzysgs
11-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Considering English is your 2nd language, that was very articulately put and I agree with a lot of your points, particularly how boring linear the missions were on the whole.
Thanks haha

Radman500
11-02-2012, 08:47 PM
the ending was bad.....

terroAssassin
11-02-2012, 08:48 PM
I disagree big time this was the first AC title that actually gave me chills with how everything added up. Boring is just an opinion imo with as many things as they added to this title apart from the main story no one should be complaining about being bored.
Conner was for the most part a very refreshing break from eziomania and provided a nice diversion from all the standard revenge stories we have been getting fed.

Surprised anyone really cares about the ending considering the cliffhanger is a staple of all the AC games now

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
the ending was bad.....
SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY !!! We know damm it... Jeez, man have some consideration, I have not seen it yet. having a cry baby whining over my head every 5 minutes "Ending sucks" "ending sucks" I want a chance to appreciate the darn thing damm it...

EDIT: Or better yet.. I`m leaving this damm cesspit...Constructive criticism my ***... I`m out of this **** hole..

ACPrincess
11-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Personally i don't agree with you and i'll tell you why;
Connor is a interesting character, unlike Ezio and Altair he dosent fight for the creed he fights for his people and those he loves he's AC's version of Anikan Skywalker. I felt like giving him a good cuddle through the whole thing because you could see how much he long for his father to love him :( everyone seems to have the Ezio trilogy on a pedestole when in personally i found it harder to like Ezio because he was a ****head who would shag every bird that walked passed him.

I thought the story pace was really good, and the missions were fun for me. The game is set in a war period, a new nation vs The British Empire which then was very strong, in a time when things were diffrent so things would change

I think if the ending is properly analyzed you can actually see the brilliance in the ending, i didnt like the choice made but for storyline purpose i get it

Forgot to add i love how Connor teated everyone equally and hated the idea of Slaves, i got a tear in my eye when he told Achilles that there was nothing wrong with his skin :') he got a big thumbs up from me for that.
Sorry if i offend also i'm harmless

terroAssassin
11-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Exactly Conner is a much more noble character because in spite of all the oppression his people go through he's still fighting for a cause that is ultimately about protecting his village, He's a very naive assassin which is why people say he doesn't develop much or he's boring.
I couldn't be happier that he's different from ezio

BlackLight3578
11-02-2012, 09:16 PM
I think you're right.The story had some good moments...But because it was structured so bad it made it seem bad overall.It's hard to notice the good things when there are too many bad things to distract you. Yeah man. Some of it's moments were great, perhaps the greatest in the series ( like haytham being reveled as a teamplay, finding out Achilles named Connor after his dead son, Connor having to kill his childhood friend, Connors begging sequences as a child an d teenager in the mohawk village, the fact he had to hunt down his own father and kill him, and how killing Haytham woke him up in away causing him to give Charles lee that last drink before killing him) .

It jsut wasn't consistent with those great moments however, being filled with some dull ones.

bizzysgs
11-02-2012, 09:25 PM
SPOILER
SPOiLER
SPOILER
SPOILER
I think we all got a little tired of Ezio lol.I don't know if Connor was a bad character but he wasn't the greatest either.I think there was a lot of potential but only if they flushed out the story more...Everything felt rushed.They didn't let the relationship between Connor and Achilles or his father develop enough so I can care.
The moment when Connor killed his father would have been more dramatic if they spent more time together than just 2 or 3 missions.I didn't even care when Achilles died.As a matter of fact I don't even know when Achilles died.I know he was sick but I don't know at what point he died.If only they made the game longer so they would have had more time to flush out the story or if they didn't try to squeeze so many things in there...

Legendz54
11-02-2012, 09:27 PM
wow..... I agree with the above.. it seems everyone still cant get over the Ezio trilogy, Get over it guys hes gone. I strongly disagree with the OP. Ezio trilogy was dull and to be honest back then i only really played for Desmond. But AC3 changed that. I loved AC3 because the story was mainly true and with that it was emotional as well, Connors village being burned down and him hunting down the templars that ruined his life was very compelling to me, And for the first time i actually wanted to find and kill those targets.

Connor was also a much more believable character then Ezio chasing ladies everywhere even when he was 50 years old....

BlackLight3578
11-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I can agree with that. I spent a lot of times around Achilles on side missions which is why i felt an impact. On connor having to kill haytham, i liked the general idea of it, a pretty interesting thing in concept in comparison to other goals in the series. but It felt...rushed. They would have benefited from just picking up all of the templars in one mission and shortening up haytham's part all together. Ezio had 14 sequences and connor only had 9. i think connor was much, much younger than ezio was by the end of ac2 would could be a reason why he isn't yet as wise as him or Altair.

Actually, did Achilles die yet? I think I only saw his sons grave.

I agree, the story would have been much better if ti was spread out more and paced better.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Exactly Conner is a much more noble character because in spite of all the oppression his people go through he's still fighting for a cause that is ultimately about protecting his village, He's a very naive assassin which is why people say he doesn't develop much or he's boring.
I couldn't be happier that he's different from ezio

Connor fights for the same reason Ezio fought. Revenge. Yes, he will go outside of his main "mission" to fight for those he feels are oppressed, but let's not forget that his main focus is on finding and killing Charles Lee, whom he holds responsible for harming his people. And so he lashes out against all those who are connected with Charles Lee. And, spoiler alert, I get the sense that his whole reasoning for going after the Templars seems to be unfounded in the end. All this from watching walkthroughs as I'm one of those PC players who has to wait 18 days before I can play. IDK, I feel like the series finally gave a believable Assassin vs Templar conflict where the Templars actually followed their goal or vision, and nothing else, instead of a bunch of power hungry Templars who wanted power for power's sake. I felt the Assassin's were lacking as there was basically only one, and Connor isn't really an Assassin, just a guy who got trained as an assassin and who wears another's outfit. What was disappointing to me is basically that Connor ends up having misconceptions about the world and his enemies that ultimately voids out why he fights in the first place. His actions end up not being justified IMO. Because you can say his enemies were harsh, some maybe a little cruel, but none of them you could honestly say were "evil", not like the Templars Ezio and Altair fought.

Legendz54
11-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I can agree with that. I spent a lot of times around Achilles on side missions which is why i felt an impact. On connor having to kill haytham, i liked the general idea of it, a pretty interesting thing in concept in comparison to other goals in the series. but It felt...rushed. They would have benefited from just picking up all of the templars in one mission and shortening up haytham's part all together. Ezio had 14 sequences and connor only had 9. i think connor was much, much younger than ezio was by the end of ac2 would could be a reason why he isn't yet as wise as him or Altair.

Actually, did Achilles die yet? I think I only saw his sons grave.

I agree, the story would have been much better if ti was spread out more and paced better.

Ezio more wise then Connor... He chased ladies all of his assassin life even when he was 50. He blew up a whole city.. I just didn't find his character as compelling as Connor.

HulkAvenger5
11-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Dood...I hear ya....this game was a downfall from the other AC games.....I totally recognized the hurrying up they did....they rushed through making this game and didn't take their time(which was probably throughout a lot of the games).....did you ever see video clips where their mouths weren't moving when they were supposed to talk?!!! that was some BS EDITING!!!!! TAKE UR ****ING TIME UBISOFT!!!!! WE CAN WAIT A COUPLE YEARS....ITS NO BIG DEAL....its not like u havent made over 4 games already.....LIKE I ALWAYS SAY MAKE THE BEST FOR LAST but i guess this isnt..huh...but still.. i know its not what every fan wants to see in this great game like AC...so make it great....(the guns did suck in this game.....Wheres divinci when you need him?) I MISS EZIO TO B HONEST :(

MT4K
11-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Since people are starting to drop spoilers or potential spoilers. Moving to hints and tips.

FirestarLuva
11-02-2012, 09:54 PM
I think if people dive deeper into Connor's character and see all the pain and torture he felt as a child, they'll see how much rich his character actually is. Sadly, complex and more real characters like Connor and Altair are very under-rated today, since everyone seems comfortable with a cliche archetype like Ezio, open personality, instantly loved by the audience. People don't bother to sit down and think why Connor is behaving the way he does, they want everything all chewed up and fed to them. I find this really sad. Automatically if Connor doesn't have humor, he's a flat character. What most shocked me are articles saying the game sucks because Connor is no Ezio! WHAT!? Seriously, after such emotional pain and torture, I can't believe people expected Connor to be like Ezio. I don't know anyone who can be still so light-hearted after such a disaster.
Also, I think it's unfair how we played Ezio for 14 sequences and Connor 8. I don't think people should find fault if Ubi make another game with Connor. I hardly blame them. We hardly went through 1/4 of his life. And in the end when Connor is standing at Connor Davenport's grave, by the look in his eyes you can see he's not the same person he was before killing Charles Lee. It's actually my favourite scene in the whole franchise. I'm really glad people noticed that scene in between the whole Desmond-ending-sucks thing.
And another thing. People need to let go of Ezio, sure we had three games with him, people got used to him, but they need to realise that there are much better characters than Ezio, and they shouldn't compare Connor to him.

Legendz54
11-02-2012, 09:57 PM
I think if people dive deeper into Connor's character and see all the pain and torture he felt as a child, they'll see how much rich his character actually is. Sadly, complex and more real characters like Connor and Altair are very under-rated today, since everyone seems comfortable with a cliche archetype like Ezio, open personality, instantly loved by the audience. People don't bother to sit down and think why Connor is behaving the way he does, they want everything all chewed up and fed to them. I find this really sad. Automatically if Connor doesn't have humor, he's a flat character. What most shocked me are articles saying the game sucks because Connor is no Ezio! WHAT!? Seriously, after such emotional pain and torture, I can't believe people expected Connor to be like Ezio. I don't know anyone who can be still so light-hearted after such a disaster.
Also, I think it's unfair how we played Ezio for 14 sequences and Connor 8. I don't think people should find fault if Ubi make another game with Connor. I hardly blame them. We hardly went through 1/4 of his life. And in the end when Connor is standing at Connor Davenport's grave, by the look in his eyes you can see he's not the same person he was before killing Charles Lee. It's actually my favourite scene in the whole franchise. I'm really glad people noticed that scene in between the whole Desmond-ending-sucks thing.
And another thing. People need to let go of Ezio, sure we had three games with him, people got used to him, but they need to realise that there are much better characters than Ezio, and they shouldn't compare Connor to him.

Agreed 100%

BlackLight3578
11-02-2012, 10:04 PM
I agree mostly, but not on the part of some people not liking him be cause he is dull. I think it was because a lot of times he just didn't think things through and was an angry person in general until that FANTASTIC scene with him at the grave and after killing lee. He isn't a bad character, he just wouldn't be as likeable because of some of his actions.

It didn't really felt like he grew until the very very end, but for most that was subliminal.

bizzysgs
11-02-2012, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't mind to see another game with Connor.I just want to be able to immerse myself in the game and not feel like I'm being rushed to go through the story as fast as possible.I played AC 1 after playing AC 2 and I still liked Altair a lot even if he's not a cliche like Ezio.

BlackLight3578
11-02-2012, 10:08 PM

I agree mostly, but not on the part of some people not liking him be cause he is dull. I think it was because a lot of times he just didn't think things through and was an angry person in general until that FANTASTIC scene with him at the grave and after killing lee. That look in his face when he saw the slave auction STILL happening, the calmness he had when talking to the random guy in the mohawk village instead of raging as he would have before. He went through a lot for a char cater so young, all of them did, but connor especially. He isn't a bad character, he just wouldn't be as likeable because of some of his actions.

It also comes down to the stories own pacing by itself kinda ringing him down.It would have been great to have seen how he is after all of the event s in one more sequence. Maybe the king Washington dlc will do that.

It didn't really felt like he grew until the very very end, but for most that was subliminal.

FirestarLuva
11-02-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm not saying Ezio was a bad character. He had a good character development The thing that annoys me is his fanbase. People over-react to him and think there can't be a better character than him. Even the Connor is no Ezio articles that are appearing lately shed a negative light on both characters. I want to like Ezio more but the fangirling about him not only on forums, but also on public articles is disgusting. I find Connor more complex and more real because there were times with him that I loved and hated, and the scene in the grave really showed so many things that couldn't be put into words. Life is not a fairytale and there are no happy endings. I can really see a calm, more mature Connor with different views of the world if they make a new game with him.

BlackLight3578
11-02-2012, 10:24 PM
I agree, in a thread i made i talked about why it would be good to do another game with him.

zhengyingli
11-02-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm not saying Ezio was a bad character. He had a good character development The thing that annoys me is his fanbase. People over-react to him and think there can't be a better character than him. Even the Connor is no Ezio articles that are appearing lately shed a negative light on both characters. I want to like Ezio more but the fangirling about him not only on forums, but also on public articles is disgusting. I find Connor more complex and more real because there were times with him that I loved and hated, and the scene in the grave really showed so many things that couldn't be put into words. Life is not a fairytale and there are no happy endings. I can really see a calm, more mature Connor with different views of the world if they make a new game with him.
Considering the many that loves Nathan Drake, this wouldn't surprise me. I agree Connor is no Ezio, but that statement can't really be used to compare the two. There are more complex characters who has no charisma at all.

ACPrincess
11-02-2012, 10:27 PM
It's funny peole think Connor has no right to be angry, try being beaten u and threatend by a grown *** man, then seeing your village and mother being burnt?
Connor came from a secluded village to a stone cold world obviously he wouldnt know how to react to certain things or do stuff stratigacly

yh i'm saying Ezio was a bad character for me personally, i hate those cliché characters, there so boaring. There ment to be the kinda person everyone wants to be. There's a reason why i prefer Daniel Craig's James Bond to the rest.

TrueAssassin77
11-02-2012, 10:57 PM
... Guys... you do understand that ezio was basically the james bond of the renaissance right? Not even a real personality, completely cliche in every way... and i say this as an ezio fanboy.
conner is much more real, and you can even understand some of his child like anger and beliefs

FirestarLuva
11-02-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm glad not all Ezio fanboys and fangirls are the same. I like Ezio, but that's pretty much it.

DinoSteve1
11-03-2012, 12:44 AM
I wouldn't say disappointing, but it is definitely not as good as ACB or AC2.

bizzysgs
11-04-2012, 01:49 AM
I wouldn't say disappointing, but it is definitely not as good as ACB or AC2.
It's not even as good as AC1

Firsou
12-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Yes, the game was indeed a disappointment. But we have to look at it correctly.
The game, is a triple A title, there's no doubt to that. The game is fun, and I love it, as it's just... Assassin's Creed.
Connor is a character I personally love. He is badass, he only fights for what he thinks is right he strives forward and doesn't look anywhere else.
But, he just didn't feel an Assassin to me, I mean, where's the Creed ? Where's all of the things that made an Assassin ?
I mean, it's good to have a change, but it almost feels as all that Altaïr has done has been simply ignored, trashing his work in the toilet.
Also, the second I got the game, I pressed the START button - went to the sequences and expected to see 20 sequences that came out of 3 years of hard work.
And... 12 sequences ? I almost felt slapped in the face. Why is it that no Assassin's Creed game has gotten as much sequences as Assassin's Creed II ? I mean AC3 had literally 12 sequences of 3 missions each. That's just ridiculous. They took 3 years to do this ? What I always hated about game studios, is that they just don't take the time to make games. They just rush them to the max and release them on a precise date. If all the story is rushed and broken, there's no problem - at least we met the release date ! NO, heaven's sake, don't release any trailers, don't let us know about anything, and keep working ! Is it so difficult ? If everyone was getting tired, well okay, take a break ! But give us a quality game. I'm sure everyone has put a lot of work into this, but it REALLY doesn't seem like it took 3 years.
That's all I had to say.

pirate1802
12-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Yes, the game was indeed a disappointment. But we have to look at it correctly.
The game, is a triple A title, there's no doubt to that. The game is fun, and I love it, as it's just... Assassin's Creed.
Connor is a character I personally love. He is badass, he only fights for what he thinks is right he strives forward and doesn't look anywhere else.
But, he just didn't feel an Assassin to me, I mean, where's the Creed ? Where's all of the things that made an Assassin ?
I mean, it's good to have a change, but it almost feels as all that Altaïr has done has been simply ignored, trashing his work in the toilet.
Also, the second I got the game, I pressed the START button - went to the sequences and expected to see 20 sequences that came out of 3 years of hard work.
And... 12 sequences ? I almost felt slapped in the face. Why is it that no Assassin's Creed game has gotten as much sequences as Assassin's Creed II ? I mean AC3 had literally 12 sequences of 3 missions each. That's just ridiculous. They took 3 years to do this ? What I always hated about game studios, is that they just don't take the time to make games. They just rush them to the max and release them on a precise date. If all the story is rushed and broken, there's no problem - at least we met the release date ! NO, heaven's sake, don't release any trailers, don't let us know about anything, and keep working ! Is it so difficult ? If everyone was getting tired, well okay, take a break ! But give us a quality game. I'm sure everyone has put a lot of work into this, but it REALLY doesn't seem like it took 3 years.
That's all I had to say.

More years =/= More sequences.
Time gets spent in other things too. They had to build the engine from scratch, unlike other games. They included more maps. Villa wasn't nearly as detailed as Hoestead, same for Frontier. They included new things like changing weather etc. It all takes time man. Not exactly fair to expect more sequences because more years. Would be fair had they used the same engine. But not the case here.

Also, AC3 has more sidequests than the other games. (If I'm not wrong) 37 homestead missions, how many naval missions? Brawlers missions, Hunting missions, Frontiersmen missions, Peg Leg.. Then you have your regular Assassination, delivery and courier missions. Honestly it took me more to finish the game than it did to finish AC2.

And about the creed being absent, its accurate because Haytham wiped out the order many years ago. It is upto Connor to rebuild the Creed there.
Also why is Altair's work feels ignored? lol I'm sure the Assassins are flourishing in other parts of the world. They did gave Haytham a run for his money on his way to the colonies.

DisturbedJim83
12-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Personally I like the Character of Connor AC3 is the first AC gam i have played to completion as I found the other games to be somewhat dull the storys mostly Disjointed and the combat was meh.
AC3 however had a story that made more sense except for the Desmond dies or uploads himself to the Precursor machine although I felt the whole Connor killing his father superfluous.
In short I love the Story and character as a whole but what let it down for me was the rushed and unfinished feel to the games mechanics, constantly feeling like a half assed attempt at porting a console game to PC without bothering to optimize it for what PC's are truly capable of leading to a game that can be so furiously frustrating at times that it detracts from any good work that they did.

tcplotts
12-20-2012, 12:39 PM
No. I'm on my second playthrough, and not getting very far. It's just tedious. Too much done half-a$$ed, and the split between MP and single player drags the entire project down.
It's been a bad year for gamers on the industry front.

I'm actually doing main missions the way I do side missions: get them over with so the better parts of the game can open up. Like sea missions. That's a really bad thing.

predatorpulse7
12-23-2012, 01:17 PM
It's only a disappointment if you expected a instant classic like AC2.

On its own terms, this is a good game.

Naval battles are outstanding.