PDA

View Full Version : Installation problems...

SgtMonkey
11-23-2003, 08:55 AM
I just bought Uru yesterday and everytime I try to install it, one of two things happens:

1) Nothing. After autorun brings up the menu I click install and nothing happens at all.

2) I click install and InstallAnywhere goes through it's motions and then says "Please Choose a specified location to extract". I choose a new area on my hard drive, InstallAnywhere goes through it's motions and then says "Please Choose a specified location to extract". I choose a new area on my hard drive, InstallAnywhere goes through it's motions etc, etc etc...caught in a loop.

Any idea what the problem is? I downloaded and ran the demo fine, and I uninstalled it before I tried to install the retail version. I've also tried copying the CD to my HD and running it that way, but still no deal.

My computer specs are as follows:

1 gb RAM
1.73 GHz processor (AMD Athlon)
GeForce FX5200 PCI Graphics card (Unfortunately I only have PCI slots, I can't get an AGP card)
40 gb HD
Windows XP

SgtMonkey
11-23-2003, 08:55 AM
I just bought Uru yesterday and everytime I try to install it, one of two things happens:

1) Nothing. After autorun brings up the menu I click install and nothing happens at all.

2) I click install and InstallAnywhere goes through it's motions and then says "Please Choose a specified location to extract". I choose a new area on my hard drive, InstallAnywhere goes through it's motions and then says "Please Choose a specified location to extract". I choose a new area on my hard drive, InstallAnywhere goes through it's motions etc, etc etc...caught in a loop.

Any idea what the problem is? I downloaded and ran the demo fine, and I uninstalled it before I tried to install the retail version. I've also tried copying the CD to my HD and running it that way, but still no deal.

My computer specs are as follows:

1 gb RAM
1.73 GHz processor (AMD Athlon)
GeForce FX5200 PCI Graphics card (Unfortunately I only have PCI slots, I can't get an AGP card)
40 gb HD
Windows XP

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 11:10 AM
I have installed URU............but cannot play the game. Something to do with "3D"
ANY IDEAS ????????

Guiun_
11-23-2003, 11:53 AM
SgtMonkey, I have an older GeForce PCI card and I have had no trouble with it. As to the problem, older CD-RW drives apparently have trouble with this game (I don't know why). While I don't think it's likely you have an older CD-RW, it's the only bit of information I can come up with for your problem. Someone else will be along that can help more, though. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Batsibabe - The system requirements are on the box. Unfortunately, if you don't have one of the cards listed, you will probably have to upgrade your video card. They aren't too expensive...kind of.