PDA

View Full Version : Concerning George Washington's Notebook.

PhntmDurr
11-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Hello,

Today when I finally thought "hey, let me look through this small book." I found something weird, it seems the note from 1782 is closed (Page 62 and 63)? is it supposed to be a hidden page or is this an accident made by the printers? I don't want to cut it open or force it open so I left it as is, although I have actually tried looking to see whether it is one of those foldable double pages you often find in such small books, but sadly it was not.

Pictures of said issue:

http://i.imgur.com/H4pn9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3RZTP.jpg

The images were too big to post with so I will post the direct links only. I'd like to know whether more Join or Die edition/Freedom edition owners have found the same issue.

PlatinumSpectre
11-01-2012, 11:53 PM
you are supposed to cut them. Just a stupid design decision by Ubisoft. You would think they would at least put a note stating that there are pages that need to be cut open.

PhntmDurr
11-01-2012, 11:55 PM
I'd rather not actually, it would be nice to leave it like this. It would be lovely if they decide not to do something as stupid as this next time.

BD7099
11-01-2012, 11:59 PM
I had the same Issue with the GW book. I had multiple pages that were not cut. Beware that in the middle of the book there is a two fold out section if you decide to cut the pages.

PhntmDurr
11-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Ubisoft why did you do this to us. Seriously, now I am curious. THis is beyond ******ed, it's impossible to get the pages out, I demand ubisoft compensates for this because this pretty much only leads to damaging. And I have tried a sharp object and it hasn't helped out much because it's stuck together with some ****ty glue to other pages in this notebook. There goes my collectors edition book.

Edit: I also noticed that there are some foldable pages who haven't been owned by the glue during the process apparently. Why did these pages survive and the others not?

tuur29
11-02-2012, 09:59 PM
they surviced because they were meant to be glued:
http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17375/p/1483,2513

AmandaVeronica
11-02-2012, 11:59 PM
This is really unfortunate. When I saw this explanation: http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17343/ I was really offended...

I work in print and it seems whoever did the printing/assembly didn't plan it out correctly and this is a result of a face trim error...

It makes no sense that these pages are "hidden" in the first place.

I know how not safe it is to cut a piece of paper like this so when my boyfriends said, "Just cut it with a knife or something." I knew it wasn't going to cut straight... and told him to do it so I wouldn't be blamed when it go ruined.. the last page he cut tore with the grain of the paper. errr...

And so I was upset.. and I wrote a blog post about it: http://www.amandaveronica.com/2012/11/assassins-creed-3-george-washingtons-notebook-pages/

But I'm over it now... and I'm finishing a Fat Tire at work and am going to go home and play Assassin's Creed 3 until I have to get up for work Monday morning

fedeluca
11-03-2012, 12:39 AM
I accidentally cut the foldable page... -__-

Mr_Shade
11-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Hi guys, as you may have seen - the pages are meant to be joined.. They are secret pages, you open them with the supplied tool - so it's not an error, just something special for fans to discover..

fedeluca
11-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi guys, as you may have seen - the pages are meant to be joined.. They are secret pages, you open them with the supplied tool - so it's not an error, just something special for fans to discover..

Actually, I really like this kind of "interaction", typical of the AC saga gadgets and websites... Designers at Ubisoft must have a lot of fun!

Kestrel_OvO
11-03-2012, 11:02 AM
If you do decide to open the secret pages, take care not to accidentally rip anything. Don't use the bookmark thing, use scissors or a craft knife to cut it. I learned that the hard way.

Oh, and make sure that it actually is stuck, some pages appear to be stuck but are actually fold out pages.

TheBoss0666
11-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Actually, I really like this kind of "interaction", typical of the AC saga gadgets and websites... Designers at Ubisoft must have a lot of fun!

This kind of interaction may seem fun for the Ubi guys perhaps but lets NOT forget that those of us that have made purchases that include the journal have paid a good amount of money for it and if a mistake is made during the cutting not only is the journal ruined but our money which we paid for something as collectible and rare as this has gone to waste. We paid for ability to possess such a rare item and to know now that there is a possibility that the quality of the product could be diminished to an extent due to human error when cutting is just not on for me but its too late to do anything about it now, its either take the risk and cut or leave it as is and lose valuable bits of information.

fedeluca
11-04-2012, 12:45 AM
This kind of interaction may seem fun for the Ubi guys perhaps but lets NOT forget that those of us that have made purchases that include the journal have paid a good amount of money for it and if a mistake is made during the cutting not only is the journal ruined but our money which we paid for something as collectible and rare as this has gone to waste. We paid for ability to possess such a rare item and to know now that there is a possibility that the quality of the product could be diminished to an extent due to human error when cutting is just not on for me but its too late to do anything about it now, its either take the risk and cut or leave it as is and lose valuable bits of information.

Don't tell me: I accidentally cut in two a foldable page!

AmandaVeronica
11-06-2012, 09:33 PM
I did not get a "supplied tool".

TheAlphaFest
11-07-2012, 03:06 AM
Hm in other words, I think Ubisoft seem a little lazy maybe.

Although on one of these pages I did see that Connor was on one of them...

the_Assasin27
08-15-2015, 02:23 PM
What is the "supplied tool" exactly?