PDA

View Full Version : Compatible with windows 8?

ohzeenyc
11-01-2012, 12:53 AM
As suggested in the title, is GRFS compatible with windows 8? Anyone test it out?

ohzeenyc
11-01-2012, 01:32 AM
anyone?

ecma4
11-01-2012, 05:52 AM
Hi there, Ubisoft does not officially support it, but yes it does run. I've been playing in on Windows 8 for months now, I'm currently on the retail version of windows 8. I've experienced a few bugs, but nothing major, and its hard to say if those bugs even have anything to do with Windows 8 at all, the game is pretty buggy to begin with.

Its a safe upgrade :)

MagenZion
11-03-2012, 07:47 PM
It seems to run but it's mega broken if you have multiple screens. Runs on my secondary screen and then I can't even get my mouse to that screen. Very odd. I've submitted a ticket about it.

ecma4
11-03-2012, 08:37 PM
That's very odd, I'm running dual monitors and don't experience any of those issues. I know its not ideal, but perhaps try making the other monitor your primary display, maybe you can at least play the game then.

CaribouLou45
11-04-2012, 05:22 AM
I recently upgraded to Windows 8. It is even worse. The game is very bright and dual colored looking. Don't do it

dnottis
11-04-2012, 07:37 PM
yea game is all blown out with brightness, UBI just says Windows 8 isn't supported (I opened a ticket)

ecma4
11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
yea game is all blown out with brightness, UBI just says Windows 8 isn't supported (I opened a ticket)

That sounds like the gamma bug, which is not specific to Windows 8. Windows 7 users see it too. Go into video settings and lower your gamma, you'll probably have to do this every time you launch. It is suppose to be fixed in next patch.

ohzeenyc
11-05-2012, 07:37 AM
That sounds like the gamma bug, which is not specific to Windows 8. Windows 7 users see it too. Go into video settings and lower your gamma, you'll probably have to do this every time you launch. It is suppose to be fixed in next patch.

Yeah, I informed someone about this is another thread. Adjusting the gamma correction is the fix. After adjusting the Gamma correction a few times, you'll also notice eventually the gamma setting will be zero and your game still bright (because u have to adjust every time), then you will have to go into your save file folder and delete your config. Game runs absolutely flawless though so its well worth the extra "work".

Pegasus Actual
11-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Just wanted to mention having the same issue with multiple screens. Is that really Windows 8 specific? I didn't get the game until after I upgraded. Seems like such a silly bug. I run two video cards... maybe they are accidentally grabbing the first screen on the first physical card it detects? This really seems like the kind of bug that would take a couple of minutes to fix...

MagenZion
11-06-2012, 06:31 AM
Just wanted to mention having the same issue with multiple screens. Is that really Windows 8 specific? I didn't get the game until after I upgraded. Seems like such a silly bug. I run two video cards... maybe they are accidentally grabbing the first screen on the first physical card it detects? This really seems like the kind of bug that would take a couple of minutes to fix...
Pretty sure it's Win 8 specific. I also have to run in safe mode so maybe that's doing it. Now that someone found a fix I need to test that. I'll let you know what I find. :)