PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III leaves much to be desired[spoilers]

HisShadowX
10-31-2012, 01:58 PM
I have not completed the game yet. In fact I haven't even made iit to Connor and I find the story lagging so much.

My problem with the game is mainly the redesign of the controls and map. The map worked great last time around what and why was this current change needed?

Also why is it for side missions when you begin the quest you have to be near it on the mini map for it to show up instead of it automatically being on the screen? So now I have to go in and manually add it on. In fact the map itself is terrible? Can you perhaps patch it and bring back the old map? Its confusing and doesn't work. Unless this is what you all intended?

I am reading on how people are getting into later segments and have not got Connor yet....typically an AC game has what 14 main chapters? So half the game I am going to be playing Connor and then someone else?

Where are all the Desmond missions? I am also hearing people complain they have not seen them come up.

The new controls and the camera are horrible. Sometimes the camera points directly to the floor in combat in fact the combat has changed so much I am lost.

I am still, 'trying' I did not buy the game to play online I bought it to play offline so if these new controls where for multiplayer you and the rest of the industry are clueless.

hyatari
10-31-2012, 02:06 PM
I agree about the controls; not in the slightest bit intuitive. I don't know what they were thinking.

Assassin_M
10-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Having none of these problems..

Controls are fine, map is great and the story pace is fantastic..

Lucky me

hyatari
10-31-2012, 02:24 PM
I know it really pains you to read anything against your beloved AC, but get used to some differing feedback. Lucky me.

EddieMendez
10-31-2012, 02:32 PM
ive played the game for about 2 hours now. I was thinking I was going to start story off with Conner. Game is good so far, not fully impressed. I agree with the Map but controls i believe are running smooth, no complaints for me there.

Assassin_M
10-31-2012, 02:34 PM
I know it really pains you to read anything against your beloved AC, but get used to some differing feedback. Lucky me.
Not at all..

I`m assuming you just feel bad because of that last thread where You could not answer with anything, but "OHH NOOZZ FANBOYZ ZEY ARE ESTOOBID" Seriously, find something better to say.. this is old..

I`m also sorry you could not tolerate any other opinion but the ones that have negative reflections on the game...

As a matter of fact, did I speak to you ? did I quote your post ?? No.. so stay out of what I say.. i was giving my opinion as well, Yeah ?

kriegerdesgottes
10-31-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm not wild about the controls either. I don't like how you either have to walk or full out run. There is no slow run anymore so you just have to run. I don't know why they did that but it annoys me. I kept hearing people say that the combat was so hard and they kept dying. I am at sequence 6 and I have been killed by guards 1 time and I have killed countless guards. I will say that I am beginning to enjoy the combat. I don't like how you can't use some of your weapons unless you are in the vicinity of a target.

RivenAssassin57
10-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Lock picking controls really are bad. I call it working a 3finger Louie

HisShadowX
10-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Its like Gmail or Yahoo Mail the old version was so much better but they keep trying to force some crappy thing on us. When its not broke why try to fix it?

Ragnarok0130
10-31-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm in sequence 2 right now but I have to agree OP, the controls are horrible, I never got used to Eagle vision being L3 and it isn't any better in this game - they should have used the same control scheme that we used from AC1-ACB. The weapons changing, wow they took a functional system and muddled it up - not much more to say on that. The new Animus interface is a train wreck too, the old one was very clear cut, the new one looks like it was inspired by a tablet PC GUI, not good at all and I'm frequently hunting for things - once again they would have been better off keeping the old interface so it's easy to read your emails etc right from the beginning. I also don't like how different the characters look, why does Desmond look like Derek Zoolander?????

Now that I've voiced my major issues I love the game, they finally made and AC game that is on par with the graphics of the first Assassins Creeds, AC II-ACR had worse graphics in my opinion that AC1 so it's great to see such nice visuals again. The story is engaging, even at the early point that I'm in, so much so that I'd like to play as the English assassin instead of Connor, but maybe I'll like Connor as much as the Englishman when I meet him. Overall great job on AC III Ubisoft, listen to the community and fix the issues from ACIII when you make the next installment.

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Feed back is good - however please make sure you're also posting it in the correct place..

We have pinned threads for feedback, so please use them to be sure it's not missed ;)

re the OP:

Some of your concerns - most of them will be resolved when you play the game. . .

Desmonds missions - you can't miss..

People maybe taking it slow and have not reached that part yet - same goes for your worry about Connor - the start is long - but worth it!

Map - I personally have had no problems with it - however it sounds like you are not into the game very far? - so I suggest you play some more before passing judgement ?

Controls - once you get used to them, they work fine - they ARE different though, so you may need some time to adjust.

If you wish to post your feedback after you have played some more of the game, please do in the pinned threads:)

HisShadowX
10-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Feed back is good - however please make sure you're also posting it in the correct place..

We have pinned threads for feedback, so please use them to be sure it's not missed ;)

re the OP:

Some of your concerns - most of them will be resolved when you play the game. . .

Desmonds missions - you can't miss..

People maybe taking it slow and have not reached that part yet - same goes for your worry about Connor - the start is long - but worth it!

Map - I personally have had no problems with it - however it sounds like you are not into the game very far? - so I suggest you play some more before passing judgement ?

Controls - once you get used to them, they work fine - they ARE different though, so you may need some time to adjust.

If you wish to post your feedback after you have played some more of the game, please do in the pinned threads:)

You are correct with most of what you are saying and I am going to give it a chance.

The maps though I have a huge problem with.

When I get a sub quest shouldn't the quest auto go on the mini map instead of having to go in and self check it? I just don't understand and also the controls with the map are very werid what was the need for this change?

ProdiGurl
10-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Its like Gmail or Yahoo Mail the old version was so much better but they keep trying to force some crappy thing on us. When its not broke why try to fix it?

You make a good point and I agree with it - I don't recall people complaining in the past about the combat mechanics at all - but I'm assuming with them using a new engine that changes needed to be made or something? I don't know. All I know is that it is what it is and we have to make some adjustments & figure it out to play and the change will probly be for the future AC releases too. Not a huge deal to me as long as gameplay's good.
I'm still in Sequence 2 so I don't have an opinion till I get further along & use more combat.

Free_Hidings
10-31-2012, 07:39 PM
I have not completed the game yet. In fact I haven't even made iit to Connor and I find the story lagging so much.

My problem with the game is mainly the redesign of the controls and map. The map worked great last time around what and why was this current change needed?

Also why is it for side missions when you begin the quest you have to be near it on the mini map for it to show up instead of it automatically being on the screen? So now I have to go in and manually add it on. In fact the map itself is terrible? Can you perhaps patch it and bring back the old map? Its confusing and doesn't work. Unless this is what you all intended?

I am reading on how people are getting into later segments and have not got Connor yet....typically an AC game has what 14 main chapters? So half the game I am going to be playing Connor and then someone else?

Where are all the Desmond missions? I am also hearing people complain they have not seen them come up.

The new controls and the camera are horrible. Sometimes the camera points directly to the floor in combat in fact the combat has changed so much I am lost.

I am still, 'trying' I did not buy the game to play online I bought it to play offline so if these new controls where for multiplayer you and the rest of the industry are clueless.

Are you really suggesting you want Revelations V2 (Or AC2 V4) ???

The map is great, the controls are great, the story is incredible, the graphics and gameplay are amazing. The long intro is definately well worth it, though I too was anxious to get to Connor, I'm definately glad they took the route they did. You get Connor I believe in sequence 3 or 4.

The main Desmond missions I think are pretty much unmissable, but there are "side missions" like in Brotherhood where you have to do some free running. Just look for a random path to follow in the cave, or to put it very simply, explore the cave, and you will find some extra Desmond stuff. Also make sure to talk to Rebecca, Shaun and Daddy, lots of cool stuff goes on there, and check the emails on the computer near the animus for even more little stuff.

I actually love the controls. And the only quarrel I have with the controls is in the multiplayer, I wish they had kept them as they were, but I can and will adjust.

HisShadowX
10-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Are you really suggesting you want Revelations V2 (Or AC2 V4) ???

The map is great, the controls are great, the story is incredible, the graphics and gameplay are amazing. The long intro is definately well worth it, though I too was anxious to get to Connor, I'm definately glad they took the route they did. You get Connor I believe in sequence 3 or 4.

The main Desmond missions I think are pretty much unmissable, but there are "side missions" like in Brotherhood where you have to do some free running. Just look for a random path to follow in the cave, or to put it very simply, explore the cave, and you will find some extra Desmond stuff. Also make sure to talk to Rebecca, Shaun and Daddy, lots of cool stuff goes on there, and check the emails on the computer near the animus for even more little stuff.

I actually love the controls. And the only quarrel I have with the controls is in the multiplayer, I wish they had kept them as they were, but I can and will adjust.

Little update. I am at Connor now and yes the intro though slow added something to the story.

The controls I am still having issues with. Here is a good example people all over the world are not getting it. I made five sucessful hold a solider well a firing squad shoots him well I am covered. I got a message from UPlay that I am in the 50% top tier for those who used a body shield sucessfully. Keep in mind when attempting this I almost die each and every time and only did it for a mission but yeah thats not a good sign.

The map controls suck why I am I using the right stick and everything just feels akward. To make things worse again my biggest compliant that when you have missions or someone who can give you a mission you have to check the map itself and check what you want to do. It's not automatically coming up which is a first for AC and many other 'good' games.

Sadly, with the horrible controls, horrible and broken map and the uber slow start many people might get bored and sell it back or rent and decide not to buy. Honestly AC3 feels like AC1. Bad, bad, bad with a decent story.

AC2 did so many things right and it's sad to say but I think we might see an AC4 rather then two or three sequels to AC3. I still fell the Map has to be fixed ASAP. Controls need a over haul like yeserday.

The Map is my biggest problem. Followed by controls. The slow start is going to throw and turn a lot of people off from the game. Instead of going forward with the series right now I am feeling the series took a step back.

EDIT:

Also remember people of the Hardcore Minority games made for you people do not go that far. The free2play model bubble is bursting right now games designed for you people do not go far. If you make a game to where it turns off the casuals people will not buy. I know you guys don't care but Ubi you guys have to fix what you can with this game. Don't be like Capcom look at the situation they are in with there broken controlled game RE6.

projectpat06
10-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Not at all..

I`m assuming you just feel bad because of that last thread where You could not answer with anything, but "OHH NOOZZ FANBOYZ ZEY ARE ESTOOBID" Seriously, find something better to say.. this is old..

I`m also sorry you could not tolerate any other opinion but the ones that have negative reflections on the game...

As a matter of fact, did I speak to you ? did I quote your post ?? No.. so stay out of what I say.. i was giving my opinion as well, Yeah ?

I really don't get the complaining or the low review scores either. This game is fantastic and to me is ten times better than the other games. The only problem I'm having is trying to figure out how to advance the homestead missions since nothing is popping up after the poacher mission

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 10:35 PM
Guys..

There's some pretty big spoilers in here....

I'm moving thread to the hints&tips forum...

HisShadowX
10-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Guys..

There's some pretty big spoilers in here....

I'm moving thread to the hints&tips forum...

Thanks buddy and sorry about that.

Sharkey1337
10-31-2012, 10:45 PM
No, I totally agree that a lot of changed systems and mechanics just aren't as intuitive as they were in Brotherhood (my favorite AC game). I realize that AC3's Montreal team was busy working on AC3 right after AC2, so they probably didn't incorporate improved systems seen in Brotherhood as it was done by a separate team, but I'm still being frustrated with the controls 6 hours into the game.

faePuck
11-02-2012, 01:15 PM
While the F2P model may be taking over, I doubt that Zynga and Rovio are going to get rid of us millions of core gamers anytime soon. So while some of your points about usability may take hold, I certainly hope that we never experience a gaming revolution where quick-hit gratification comes above telling a long and excellent story. The first six hours of AC3 renewed my faith in modern storytelling, and it continues to get better. That's why your first complaint of the thread seemed completely out of place and premature.

While, yes, the controls in the maps could've been way more intuitive (who uses rightstick to browse a 2D plane? seriously), the rest of the controls are purely a matter of preference. I've had Connor get hung up on the terrain before, but I've also seen opponents and NPCs get hung up in the same ways, and it's usually brief, not game-breaking. If you're that concerned about controls such that you'll turn away from a unique franchise like AC, then feel free to join the millions playing CoD every day and reward that same-direction thinking that gets us into gaming industry quagmires. The rest of us will be buying games with unique gameplay and fresh perspectives on characters and storytelling. I honestly hope there's an AC3 side-sequel, as well as some other hints into the backstory. Heck, I'll play as a Templar in the next game if they keep all these side-missions and upgrades to the combat.

Not trying to demean your opinion, here, but comparing this game to AC1 is insulting. They've come a long, long way, and--glitches and poor UI aside--this is one of the most unique offerings on the market this year. They can't cater to every tiny complaint and they shouldn't. Until console games have customizable controls, we'll just have to live with what we get as long as it's playable.

Aphex_Tim
11-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't like how you either have to walk or full out run. There is no slow run anymore so you just have to run.

Actually, you CAN 'slow run', you just push the stick halfway.

horrible controls

What exactly do you not like about the controls?
Personally i prefer them over the controls of previous games, mainly because of the 'safe mode' where Connor only jumps to reachable ledges or platforms. If they can't be reached you don't accidentally fall down anymore like in previous games. If you still want to jump you just press X. (Or A if you play Xbox.)