PDA

View Full Version : So whats your opinion on Sensors?

ohzeenyc
10-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Every time I walk 2 steps the word "detected" pops up on the screen. I feel as if this is a cool idea, but its gotten way to out of hand or cheesy. Same thing with the gun scope where you can see through walls. These have become similar to wall hacks in a way. Wish there was a way to play without them.

How about you guys? How about you devs/community managers?

Gh4lder
10-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Sensor grenades are exclusive for engies, so if you wish to play without them, riflemen shoudn't have access to frags. What bothers me more is stuning and hacking one guy after another, but its peoples fault that they allow enemies to close on them. X-ray scope? Don't have it myself, but i can remember only one situation that I got killed right after "wallhacking". Anyway, both are very useful but they won't make bad player dominate the battlefield. You can rock with lvl 1 scout with tier 1 smg all the same.

sneaklez
10-31-2012, 02:14 PM
EPIC and great idea.... maybe it's not a sensor but an aerial drone. Drone can detect you continuously unlike sensor so you have to find the drone and shoot it down.
Oh well this way mighty players can't be too much mighty over a noob or less skilled player. Oh well at least they will hesitate a bit not rushing and kill everyone else on their path.
Still... it all depends on the player skills on how to deal with it. Even if you're detected then someone will try to confront and shoot you down it's only a matter who is getting seen and the killed first.... where you shoot, what weapons used, level(I guess) and player skill matters here most.

ecma4
10-31-2012, 05:15 PM
A lot of the tech sort of hurts the multiplayer for me. Essentially they've taking one of the biggest cheats (wall hacking) and made it a 'feature.' Its particularly bad in this game because the levels are so small. Between sensors and 3rd person view allowing you to see from cover, there is no sneaking, stealth, or traditional tactics in this game. It encourages run and gun gameplay which Ghost Recon was never about. I feel the same way about the gadgets in Ghost Recon Online.

RAPXTOR
10-31-2012, 05:22 PM
Sensor grenades are exclusive for engies, so if you wish to play without them, riflemen shoudn't have access to frags. What bothers me more is stuning and hacking one guy after another, but its peoples fault that they allow enemies to close on them. X-ray scope? Don't have it myself, but i can remember only one situation that I got killed right after "wallhacking". Anyway, both are very useful but they won't make bad player dominate the battlefield. You can rock with lvl 1 scout with tier 1 smg all the same.

I agreed with you, except one thing, i dont think that is the same with scout level 1 smg, im not the best person to talk about it, because i suck with the scout, im still learning to use its best qualitys, but what i think so far, is that the scout at begnning, when equiped with the first smg, its a bit underpower, especially against rifleman in close quarters, situations that with the A-91 or Tar-21, i dont have dificulty to overcome, with the scout, even if i fire first, most of the time i lose the confrontation due to the lack of power, but like i said, im not the best person to judge that.

RAPXTOR
10-31-2012, 05:36 PM
A lot of the tech sort of hurts the multiplayer for me. Essentially they've taking one of the biggest cheats (wall hacking) and made it a 'feature.' Its particularly bad in this game because the levels are so small. Between sensors and 3rd person view allowing you to see from cover, there is no sneaking, stealth, or traditional tactics in this game. It encourages run and gun gameplay which Ghost Recon was never about. I feel the same way about the gadgets in Ghost Recon Online.

Hi ecma4, I have to disagreed with you, Gh4lder said it all, hability to hack players in the battlefield, is a way for people dont go lonewolf, because one guy alone, is a easy target to skilled players, and is action, benefict the other team, so its best to stay close to some one, its a way to encentivate people to stay together, the sensors can be overcome, but you still need equipment do do that, so i think that, if you advance close to each others, its more easy to deal with the situations, I know that with random people is dificult to accomplish that, but with a bit of luck, if catch a good team, you il see that those gadgets arent so overpowered.
Was a side note, I boughted the DLC today, so you can count with me to play the DLC.
Regards,

Gh4lder
10-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Actually CQB is where scout with smg can defeat riflemen more easily than longer distances. Yes, he is little underpowered face to face, but remember this is tactical shooter. Taking good position usually is worth more than all the firepower and armor you can get. You dont even need smg - secondary guns are deadly too if properly used.
And back to the topic: ecma4 - Intel is a feature in this game and i don't think that will change. With a good position and a decent team, enemies can wallhack you all they want. Run and gun tactics only works against disorganised teams with bad aim. And no sneaking or stealth? You must have played only against noob scouts who think they are riflemen.

RAPXTOR
10-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Actually CQB is where scout with smg can defeat riflemen more easily than longer distances. Yes, he is little underpowered face to face, but remember this is tactical shooter. Taking good position usually is worth more than all the firepower and armor you can get. You dont even need smg - secondary guns are deadly too if properly used.
And back to the topic: ecma4 - Intel is a feature in this game and i don't think that will change. With a good position and a decent team, enemies can wallhack you all they want. Run and gun tactics only works against disorganised teams with bad aim. And no sneaking or stealth? You must have played only against noob scouts who think they are riflemen.

Maybe you right, and the problem is how deal with this type of confrontation with riflemans, and not the scout itself.
Intel is the key feature of the game, without that, the game loses its purpose, and the challenge is how players deal and overcome that, but this is my opinion.

ohzeenyc
10-31-2012, 10:53 PM
Then maybe things like the xray vision scope should be disabled in gametypes like SIEGE, which have no respawns. Just imagine the person with the xray scope defending the objective, he'll have the clear advantage especially if the objective is indoors with 2 floors i.e the Underground map.

RAPXTOR
10-31-2012, 11:11 PM
Then maybe things like the xray vision scope should be disabled in gametypes like SIEGE, which have no respawns. Just imagine the person with the xray scope defending the objective, he'll have the clear advantage especially if the objective is indoors with 2 floors i.e the Underground map.

Yeh, Xray in Siege is a unfair advantage because you can hunt the hole team, and you dont have any counter measure.

Gh4lder
10-31-2012, 11:27 PM
The countermeasure is your wit, your experience, and awareness of the surroundings. Or an emp grenade. Xray is only an optics option. Using it limits movement speed and field of sight. And it is limited to 30 meters only. It has its advantages and drawbacks, like everything else. Nothing in this game is a push-to-win button.

RAPXTOR
11-01-2012, 01:12 AM
The countermeasure is your wit, your experience, and awareness of the surroundings. Or an emp grenade. Xray is only an optics option. Using it limits movement speed and field of sight. And it is limited to 30 meters only. It has its advantages and drawbacks, like everything else. Nothing in this game is a push-to-win button.

No, but i didnt say that, but the xray in the hands of a skilled player its a very deadly weapon, like i already saw it in conflict.