PDA

View Full Version : Why!!!!!!!!!!???

Corrupt_Chaste
10-31-2012, 10:48 AM
This new game is beautiful, the story is compelling, the characters are interesting, I'm loving it. but WHY!? Why in the seven HELLS have you made these changes to the controls and then NOT given us a proper tutorial with practice!? I've read a dozen posts on just shooting the ****ing BARRELS near the very beginning of the game! I appreciate that shooting targets is more of a challenge now but you never bother to tell us that you cannot even prepare a shot without having your cursor directly on the target (which is *extremely* stupid by the way.)

and THEN there was the eagle flying mission... you have us navigate as an eagle (which is pretty **** cool).... but THEN you add on this *completely* unnecessary 100% sync option that forces us to avoid objects. THIS DOES NOT NEED TO BE HERE! I'm trying to pay attention and enjoy the story and the beautiful scenery but I CANT because of the unnecessary 100% sync option. And this wouldnt even be that bad if you had TOLD US HOW TO CONTROL THE **** EAGLE! No flight controls or ANYTHING. Sometimes the game moves you up or down on its own accord which makes it extremely difficult to tell if you even have control of your height.

Let me be CRYSTAL clear: THIS GAME IS FUN AND ENJOYABLE!!! I *do* LIKE IT!!! But WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!? Dear god WHY!?

P.S. If I hadnt spent fifteen tries trying to 100% your eagle flying section I wouldnt have even come here to complain... that is how frustrating it was.

ProdiGurl
10-31-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm confused, in one spot you use the word "option", then in another you use "force" - does it automatically restart you if you hit an object up there?
Otherwise you may want to just enjoy the mission without the sync *option* the first time around & just enjoy it? Do the sync the second time thru. I usually go easy on myself in a first playthru & then go for the perfection once I get it down. I remember discussions like these about ACR w/ the syncing. I'm not making light of it, but that's just part of the AC brand w/ syncs.

Matty7Ice
10-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Calm the fk down. The system is not stupid. You have to just pay attention to everything happening around you. i have enjoyed learning all of the new setup and i really see now that all the negative reviews have been over stupid stuff after all. This game rocks and I love all the new stuff it throws my way. Thumbs up to the dev team at ubi.

ezioscooler
10-31-2012, 12:22 PM
I agree with you. Its kinda lame of the designers to do such a drastic shakeup of the controls, especially when the last three games pretty much followed the same format. That being said, its not like its the end of the world. It just adds to the challenge to figure out a different style.