PDA

View Full Version : Get your act together UBISOFT (Rant)

madethistopost
10-30-2012, 04:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You see I was all set to pick up Assassin's Creed III today for the PC, I had pre-ordered and fully paid for it. So I went down to the store was standing in line with my receipt, I got up to the register and it was then I come to find out that the PC version got pushed back at least 3 weeks, while the 360 and PS3 are still getting it's advertised Release date. Really! So I canceled my order and got my money back (Paid cash too)

OK UBISOFT I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem:
Outside of trying to push consoles, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to not release the PC version of AC III today (October 30th, 2012). You should have come up with a better excuse than it needs DX11 optimization. Even still, If the PC version was pushed back, then you should have also pushed back the 360 & PS3 versions as well releasing everything at once. No platform should get this before another especially when it's been advertised to be released on all platforms at the. same time. At least stick to that.

I'm sick and tired of companies punishing the PC gamers by pulling stunts like this, or by using Steam. On a side note, Steam is only still around because no one has found a way to sue them/it/him yet (Whomever owns it) because if they had, Steam would have been out of business over 10 years ago. Anyway back to the point.

Don't bother saying it's my fault for not checking to see if it was in either. Because since day one, UBISOFT has been advertising that AC III was going to be released on the 360, PS3, & PC. Therefore, there is no reason to think otherwise. But besides that, whether I checked isn't even relevant, considering that this decision was just made a few days ago (It's not like I had weeks to find out about this) this was a last minute decision, so point the blame where it actually belongs instead of defending this beyond out of line decision. This is UBISOFT'S fault, for advertising something on PC, 360, & PS3, providing a release date, then a few days prior to release, decide to stop one platform just to push the other two (Pushing two platforms over one is not a valid reason to just push one platform back) using the excuse of DX11 optimization as a reason it's been pushed back is absolute BS. If you guys knew this, then you should still have released the game along with an announcement for a patch in the works shortly. This way consumers still get their game and would forgive the lack of optimization. At least be honest about the delay instead of using some optimization excuse.

The only thing UBISOFT accomplished with me by not releasing AC III when they said, is now instead of purchasing it, I'm going to pirate it, because I not only had my time wasted, but there was no reason to push the date back just because they want to push the sales of consoles.

I full well know that I am one person and that not getting my money is no lose, but that's not the point, the point is that I'm not going to reward a company when they pull stunts like this.

Capcom pulled this same exact stunt with Resident Evil 6 as UBI soft did with Assassin's Creed III. We wanted RE 6 when it was advertised, not 6 months later when no one cares about it. Besides I played it on my friends 360, and it was absolute garbage, Leon was blocking my view and I couldn't see what I was doing 95% of the time due to the crappy close up over the shoulder camera angling. Capcom should give the option of camera positioning.

Bethesda pulled the crap of requiring Skyrim to use Steam. To this day and I cannot play Skyrim without having The game crash to desktop at least 4 times every hour. And don't bother coming at me with the no one else has a problem or it's my computer nonsense. I have an i7 @2.8 ghz L3 8MB Cache, over 4GB GDD5 RAM, GTX 560ti. Also the game plays fine after completely removing Steam from my computer. But regardless if I didn't have that, it shouldn't be crashing to begin with that many times. Had I known Bethesda required Steam, I wouldn't have given them money for that game either.

For me (and I am probably speaking for many other people that feel this way as well), all doing this does is make me pirate the game. If companies cannot do what they say, especially since they've been saying it since day one, then decide at the last minute, to push one console over another, then they don't deserve and won't be getting my money.

Anyway UBISOFT, I'm going to pirate AC III when it comes out. Next time you want MY money, deliver what you promise, and stop punishing us PC gamers with inexcusable reasons. If you hold back the PC version, then you hold can back the console versions as well. There is no need or reason for this.

P.S. How much money did some mystery entity give you guys to hold off on the PC version?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RC-1025
10-30-2012, 09:41 PM
I would have to agree with your statements. This is a major slap in the face to the community that help build this company. UBIsoft wasn't bunk if not for the PC GAMERS

MaceMagoo
10-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Did you not buy previous AC's? It always happens and I expected it to be honest, not happy with it but expected it.

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 10:37 PM
If it wasn't for the admission you are going to pirate the game - I would have left this thread here..

However since you said that - it does not deserve to stay.

There are a few threads about release dates - if you wish to post your concerns in those WITHOUT talk of illegally downloading the game, feel free.