PDA

View Full Version : Why people torrent UBISOFT games

TurbanSenpai
10-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Ubisoft has a bad habit of treating PC players badly and simply giving them the shorter end of the stick. Along with ****ty a multiplayer experience, long delays, and poorly optimized PC ports, they seemly do not put in the effort even through patches to make ones gaming experience better. In my opinion that is probably why people torrent their games. It does not make sense that one plays $50-$60 for a game and receive a bad experience.

The only reason why I still give money to this company is because they hold the the Splinter Cell and Assassins Creed franchise. I would love to see transferred to someone better like Valve or maybe EA.

CombatApollo
10-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Ubisoft should seriously be ashamed of themselves for imposing an arbitrary delay on the PC release. I had every intention of buying it until they decided that PC gamers should be treated like second class citizens. Thanks to their unbelievable stupidity I will no longer be purchasing their game. If they want to act like this they won't get any money from me.

MaceMagoo
10-30-2012, 04:14 PM
I do not like these delays always put upon the AC games on PC but am still getting AC3 as will be the best of the lot as it is set in a time period I love. The torrents of the console versions are out already but apparently that is ok? Just us PC gamers that are pirating scum?

raptor41tr
10-30-2012, 04:22 PM
If these delays for piracy, they should also xbox version. I still don't understand why they are delaying pc always.

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 04:28 PM
guys...

The release date for AC3 on PC - was set so that there is time for optimisation - they have added DX11 support, higher resolution textures and loads of other tweeks - to make AC3 on PC the best looking and playing game to date.

It's not due to Piracy or adding in DRM [ - it's a one time only activation same as other PC titles - and you don't need to be online to play it - only for Uplay and MP- the old style DRM is no longer being used on Ubisoft products ]

They do not think of you all as pirates..

Threads such as this do tend to attract the trolls and pirates though - looking for or promoting download sites - and before long it can drown in rants and lose direction.

There are a few threads about the PC release date, so I ask you use those, to continue the discussion!