PDA

View Full Version : Is it what we wanted (no spoilers please)

pablo2977
10-30-2012, 02:01 PM
I'll say it again no spoilers is assassins creed 3 amazing or is it a big let down

Layytez
10-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Desmonds ending has the power to ruin the whole AC story for some people.

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Desmonds ending has the power to ruin the whole AC story for some people.
And lets not even talk about the ending please...

It's not the place or the time for it - it will only provoke discussion about it - which I would rather avoid ;)

for me - awesome game - great story ;)

Layytez
10-30-2012, 02:09 PM
And lets not even talk about the ending please...

It's not the place or the time for it - it will only provoke discussion about it - which I would rather avoid ;)

for me - awesome game - great story ;)

I know. I enjoyed the game as a whole. The homestead had me occupied for ages.

DavidPage
10-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Yeah the ending maybe isn't what some people expected, but it gives so much to the story, it really is thought out and a new entry in the series is possible as it isn't one of those endings where you have to screw everything up in the sequel so it sticks together... My opinion of the game is that it's the only one in the series to have that cinematic and dramatic tone that really good films have... Plus it's got awesome gameplay!

mitava123
10-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Oh please don't tell me ending is something like in Mass effect. I've had enough of that.

Layytez
10-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Oh please don't tell me endings is something like in Mass effect. I've had enough of that.
:rolleyes:

DavidPage
10-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Oh please don't tell me endings is something like in Mass effect. I've had enough of that.

For me it's not... It's quite surprising and not at all lame as some people say... And as I said it is exactly what Corey and Alex said it is - an appropriate, well thought and good ending. It's not necessary for every game that exists to have an epic, grand and consumer satisfying ending. For some it will be epic and grand, for some it may not. All I can say is that I am really happy how the whole story bonds together and how it's easily possible to make a continuation of Assassin's Creed.

MT4K
10-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Well. People was suggested not to talk about the ending... The next few posts talk about the ending... Sigh

kriegerdesgottes
10-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Well so far the graphics are wonderful and I love how the story begins although I can see how some might find it slow but I have to say my fears about the way they changed the controls were a bit justified. Not loving the new controls at all.

DavidPage
10-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Well. People was suggested not to talk about the ending... The next few posts talk about the ending... Sigh

Well we're not spoiling the ending we're just saying our opinion on it to answer his question or curiosity... I personally am sorry if I offended anyone with it.

MT4K
10-30-2012, 03:14 PM
It's more just to avoid somebody accidentally dropping a spoiler while trying to explain why they did or didn't like it. Discussion about it the last few days has unfortunately dropped the occasional spoiler....

Schnitzl2012
10-30-2012, 11:08 PM
A big letdown for me

whitestar85
10-30-2012, 11:22 PM
How's the length of the game relative to other ones in the series, particularly AC2? I've heard conflicting reports.

ProdiGurl
10-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Well so far the graphics are wonderful and I love how the story begins although I can see how some might find it slow but I have to say my fears about the way they changed the controls were a bit justified. Not loving the new controls at all.

I'm an hour & 1/2 into the game and I'm totally impressed w/ the graphics (on Xbox) so far... controls aren't any problem for me to adjust to so far either but I haven't done any major combat yet, just messing about on the ship. I'm neutral on that aspect for now.

As for the ending, I doubt it will make or break anything since my main focus all along has been the experience of being an Assassin & gameplay rather than being all involved in Desmond's journey & purpose.

I'm just wondering what we can actually talk about in this forum regarding the new game if we're paranoid of spoilers tho. I'm afraid to make a topic for fear it's spoiling something. :confused:
Well, I'm off to play another hour or 2 :D loving it so far, this first character we play is no lightweight.

Radman500
10-31-2012, 01:13 AM
like someone else said...The ending literally has the potential to ruin the game and the whole series.. (i won't spoil) but it just seems like the developers stopped giving a sh*t about desmond's story.

ACfan443
10-31-2012, 01:18 AM
Question for the mods, how long until all the threads about reviews, gameplay, ending etc aren't hidden away in the "hints and tips" section? People are gonna want to discuss that stuff openly soon

MT4K
10-31-2012, 01:31 AM
Question for the mods, how long until all the threads about reviews, gameplay, ending etc aren't hidden away in the "hints and tips" section? People are gonna want to discuss that stuff openly soon

They can discuss them openly... In the hints and tips section.

Check this thread - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/717088-Important-please-read-SPOILER-WARNING-RULES!-updated-28-10-12

"Main thing to remember - this is NOT stopping you talking about the games or event's which happen in the games - you just have to remember to use the SPOILER tag AND post it in the Hints and Tips forum - this allows people who wish to avoid spoilers - not to look at the hints and tips forum or the thread!

So from now onwards until this post is removed.."