PDA

View Full Version : AC3 CE Journal Potential Problem???

musicman888
10-30-2012, 07:58 AM
I purchased the Collector's Edition (NA LE) and I noticed there could be potential problems with the journal. I noticed some of the pages are supposed to fold out and while some do, others do not and seem to be glued into the spine of the book. These seemingly inaccessible pages do have information on them and look interesting from what I can see. Is this on accident (a problem) or on purpose? I'd like to know as I really would like to be able to fold them out and read everything in the journal. Thanks!

--musicman888

EDIT: To anyone having this "problem", it has been explained by Ubisoft that this is intentional as they are secret pages. Refer to the following link, originally supplied by FredEx and the UbiSupport Staff, for answers as to how to access these secrets. http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a...il/a_id/17343/ (http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17343/)

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the forums:p

Digital_MoFo
10-30-2012, 08:18 AM
I am having the same issues. One of the fold-outs in mine is trapping a few normal pages with it :(

SevereAtrophy
10-30-2012, 08:24 AM
My only advice I can give is contact Ubi support. They may be able to help.

musicman888
10-30-2012, 08:33 AM
@scooper121s: Thanks for welcoming me to the forums! :)

@Digital: Sorry to hear you are having the same problem as well. :(

@ SevereAtrophy: Thanks for the advice, I just sent them a support question about it...so we will see what they say soon and hopefully they can help.

VirtualMayhem
10-30-2012, 08:46 AM
I followed the advice here and also sent a question to support on this. I know of at least 3 other friends who picked up their CE's tonight where the journal pages were not cut properly during manufacturing. It would be nice if they could send us new copies, I am glad the statue arrived intact that is pretty sweet :)

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 08:48 AM
@scooper121s: Thanks for welcoming me to the forums! :)

No problem

FredEx919
10-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Hello all,

Check this FAQ. I think it may have the info you all are looking for. Let me know if this help ;)

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17343/

Nightmare8767
10-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the answer -- I already had guesses as much after seeing the arrows on that tool.

The problem is, I still don't know how to do it correctly :P

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the answer -- I already had guesses as much after seeing the arrows on that tool.

The problem is, I still don't know how to do it correctly :P
personally?

I would crease the page throughly - making sure theres a firm crease - and then carefully use the tool...

OR

Use a steady hand and a craft knife or scissors ;)

musicman888
10-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Hello all,

Check this FAQ. I think it may have the info you all are looking for. Let me know if this help ;)

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17343/

Thanks FredEx for that link. I had also just recieved the reply back from UbiSupport with that same link as well. I had my guesses that it was intentional but I wanted to make sure because mistakes can happen in manufacturing sometimes. Thanks for the help on this guys!

burtie80
10-30-2012, 04:07 PM
I got mine today and have exactly the same probem...loads of pages have not been cut!

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 04:11 PM
I got mine today and have exactly the same probem...loads of pages have not been cut!
please check the links - that is how it is supposed to be..

they are 'secret' pages - you have to open them with the tool supplied ;)

musicman888
10-30-2012, 04:16 PM
I updated my original post with the solution and the link which was provided so hopefully more people will see it.

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 04:18 PM
I updated my original post with the solution and the link which was provided so hopefully more people will see it.
Thanks for that ;)

Many people will skip it and just hit the post button - but thanks anyway ;)

Are you enjoying it ?

musicman888
10-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah, many people may just hit the post button and skip reading, but you are welcome. ;) Would this be a topic worth pinning or sticky-ing? (Notice "topic" and not "thread") :D

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play it yet with college classes, tests, and work. But I have a feeling I will definitely enjoy it once I am able to start playing it later today.

burtie80
10-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Haha! Silly me, I thought that thing was a bookmark! DOh!

musicman888
10-30-2012, 04:33 PM

Honestly, I felt a bit the same way. :D

VirtualMayhem
10-30-2012, 05:28 PM

Where is the tool at? I don't see it in the box...

burtie80
10-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Where is the tool at? I don't see it in the box...

It should be in the front of the book?

Nightmare8767
10-30-2012, 06:06 PM
It's something that looks like a cardboard feather with an Assassin's Symbol at the bottom. ine came inside the book, by the way, make sure it's inside by fast checking the pages.

VirtualMayhem
10-30-2012, 06:33 PM
It's something that looks like a cardboard feather with an Assassin's Symbol at the bottom. ine came inside the book, by the way, make sure it's inside by fast checking the pages.

I will keep looking but I don't see anything in the book that looks like a bookmark and the pictures I have seen on the web. Thanks for the reply to those that described it!

ReginaldCReyes
10-30-2012, 07:35 PM
I will keep looking but I don't see anything in the book that looks like a bookmark and the pictures I have seen on the web. Thanks for the reply to those that described it!

It's not just you. I just opened my box not 5 minutes ago and I didn't get the bookmark/knife either. Anyone know if it's possible to contact Ubisoft to get one mailed to me? Thanks.

musicman888
10-30-2012, 11:34 PM
It's not just you. I just opened my box not 5 minutes ago and I didn't get the bookmark/knife either. Anyone know if it's possible to contact Ubisoft to get one mailed to me? Thanks.

Upon closer inspection of the journal, I too did not receive the bookmark/knife. Strange because I though I saw it but I've looked through each page and such. Also I'm a stickler for putting things back in the way I find them (especially in collector's editions) so I know I did not misplace it. I'm not too worried about not having it though, sure it would be cool, but a careful hand with a utility knife will do the trick.

VirtualMayhem
10-31-2012, 12:47 AM
Upon closer inspection of the journal, I too did not receive the bookmark/knife. Strange because I though I saw it but I've looked through each page and such. Also I'm a stickler for putting things back in the way I find them (especially in collector's editions) so I know I did not misplace it. I'm not too worried about not having it though, sure it would be cool, but a careful hand with a utility knife will do the trick.

I had a thread going with UBI support and was told the feather bookmark was only included in the UK version of the AC3 CE. They told me to use something else to open up those pages. I'm cool with that, would have been nice to have been told all this in the box :)

Kestrel_OvO
10-31-2012, 02:51 AM
So I tried opening the journal with the 'tool' that came with it and I ended up ripping half a page.

To make things worse, I quickly (not quickly enough) realized it was a fold-out page, I didn't even need to cut it.

T__T