PDA

View Full Version : Scalping?

WarrriorPoet
10-30-2012, 05:22 AM
Should they have kept it in. It was a common occurrence back then. So much so, that bounties were paid for them. I would have appreciated if they had kept it in. Tell me what you think?

Angreh Penguin
10-30-2012, 05:25 AM
It'd be kinda grim to have people sitting there and scalping a huge pile of bodies. And given the number of fights you get into in the game you'd be there scalping for quite a while.

Free_Hidings
10-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Apparently the histoical American Indian consultant says it wasn't common at all.

Also it doesn't add anything to the gameplay. I think killing people is brutal enough, if you really want to disect their heads afterwards...

Maybe you can knock out a civilian and throw him down a river / waterfall so he drowns, that could partially satisfy your lust for human suffering

PKnark
10-30-2012, 06:38 AM
I don't really think that would go along with the Assassin Ideology either, Imagine Connor giving the whole rest in peace speech, then takes a little of the top......

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 07:00 AM
I don't really think that would go along with the Assassin Ideology either, Imagine Connor giving the whole rest in peace speech, then takes a little of the top......
Presisly my traifn of thought, after I finished being sick at the OP's train of thought.

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Oh and welcome Warrior poet, Angreh penguin, and Pnark to the forums

PKnark
10-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Thank your Sir

JACKofA11TradeZ
10-30-2012, 01:54 PM
I could have lived without the scalping, but if the assassin was an Apache then no scalping would be unexceptable. But becasue this isn't Inglorious Basterds and Connor's not an Apache we can live with out the scalping. Plus it would be pretty time consuming to do after all.

Commissar38
10-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Scalping really wasn't common amongst the Iroquois and not to mention, it's pretty gruesome. I'm kinda glad they left it out.

ProdiGurl
10-30-2012, 02:50 PM
It'd be kinda grim to have people sitting there and scalping a huge pile of bodies. And given the number of fights you get into in the game you'd be there scalping for quite a while.

That just sounds so nasty :/

I know it was common back then, but it's really nothing I'd want to see thruout this game ~ I wouldn't mind an incident or 2 of it to relay the historic aspect of it, but that would be about it. Nothing they should make a focal point of and waste time on as if it's some special task you perform separately. ?