PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no $120 Limited Edition Assassin's Creed III for PC?

FrostyMcDougal
10-29-2012, 07:09 PM
I can deal with terrible DRM. I can deal with being delayed a month. But being ignored like this for playing PC is the last straw. I was completely prepared to shell out $120 the day preorders opened, yet there is no fancy box set with a bunch of AC swag for PC. It's like they're asking PC users to pirate.

BomBerA
10-29-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't know where you looked to buy AC3 from but there are Limited Editions for PC. I ordered the Join or Die edition for PC. There was also the Freedom Edition for PC but it was sold out for less than an hour in my country's retailers. And AC3 won't have DRM.

FrostyMcDougal
10-30-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't know where you looked to buy AC3 from but there are Limited Editions for PC. I ordered the Join or Die edition for PC. There was also the Freedom Edition for PC but it was sold out for less than an hour in my country's retailers. And AC3 won't have DRM.

All they have in USA is a limited edition, which is equivalent to the freedom edition with different items, and standard for consoles. All PC gets is a standard and a digital deluxe edition with the in game bonus content. No figurine, no flag, no nothing.

seanabuklau
10-30-2012, 11:26 AM
They totally neglect the PC market. And for the Digital Deluxe Ed, it includes 4 single-player mission where there are only 3, a bit strange aeh?

madethistopost
10-30-2012, 07:19 PM
They totally neglect the PC market. And for the Digital Deluxe Ed, it includes 4 single-player mission where there are only 3, a bit strange aeh?

They don't just just neglect the PC market, the screw it over completely for absolutely no reason other than to just boost and push consoles and console sales.

For example, they've had 3 years to optimize the DX11, but yet they wait until 3 days before it's release to decide that the 3 years they've had, to correct the PC version has to be done at that point. But yet allow the sales of the console versions? Bad idea and a lie for the reason.

How about they stick to the original plan of releasing it for all platforms at the same time, this means the console versions should have had to wait 3 weeks to get theirs as wel
I posted a topic about it here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/721097-Get-your-act-together-UBISOFT-%28Rant%29

That's what I'm doing!

Valethar
11-02-2012, 05:13 AM
All they have in USA is a limited edition, which is equivalent to the freedom edition with different items, and standard for consoles. All PC gets is a standard and a digital deluxe edition with the in game bonus content. No figurine, no flag, no nothing.

No limited edition for PC?

No sale. I'll just buy it used from Gamestop in a couple of weeks instead.

ThexKezza
11-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I totally agree with all said above, ubisoft have screwed over the PC community, more than once now with from what I hear, crap ports, I don't know why they care so much about the crap consoles, maybe it's because of the prepube kids that beg their parents for the game and cry if they don't get it earning them more money.

I wish I could take my mind off this game, but I simply can't, every time I get on my PC after school I check the PC release date to see if they have lowered it I don't see the point in this, but I really, really can't wait another 21 days, thanks ubisoft, you may think you have just delayed a release date, but also took off the things to like about ubi once again... good job, thumbs up to you.

Thanks for the 23 day delay, not 4 months.

Beylous
11-03-2012, 02:58 AM
I'm sure it'd be a cool thing to have, but personally, there's no way in hell I'm handing over $120.00 to any developer these days, especially one with shaky ports in their past. But again, it would be kind of cool if the PC crowd was shown the same decency that the console crowd seems to be receiving.

demongreywolf
11-03-2012, 11:55 AM
as to the 4th special mission in the digital delux version is the tyrany of king goerge mission