PDA

View Full Version : Streetdate action

True_Assassin92
10-29-2012, 06:18 PM
A few stores in belgium have released the game last week and are getting fined. Some local stores have to pay 11,000 for each game they've sold, also the players who played the game early seem to have been banned. I dunno if this has happened anywhere else, but I like the measures they've taken :).

bart578
10-29-2012, 06:21 PM
A few stores in belgium have released the game last week and are getting fined. Some local stores have to pay €11,000 for each game they've sold, also the players who played the game early seem to have been banned. I dunno if this has happened anywhere else, but I like the measures they've taken :).

Blimey......thats a steep fine. Its the only way they are gonna stop all this nonsense though.

Mr_Shade
10-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Players who legitimately bought the game, even though it was early, will NOT be banned.

NRaider
10-29-2012, 06:22 PM
They shouldn't ban players that just play a legitimate acquired game early, that's just really wrong.

Nevermind, see above. :p

Mr_Shade
10-29-2012, 06:23 PM
please see my post - it's false information that Ubisoft have banned anyone.

corbinmahieu
10-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Really ? I'm from Belgium ( Ghent ). I didn't saw any stores who sold AC3 ? I was hoping Game mania would do so today.... seems I was wrong.

Pff. wednesday is just the badest day of the week. ( especially with All Saints' Day on tuesday! were you need to visit the whole family back home yeeez )
Why didn't they placed the releasedate last friday !

freddie_1897
10-29-2012, 06:32 PM
they should all be badly fined.

C3G Jester
10-29-2012, 06:35 PM
The players that bought the game legally isnt being banned. People say they are when they really did something with their console that forced the Microsoft or Sony to ban them. Ubisoft dont do banning unless its a very good reason. Also if u are referring to the forums ban, its cuz they posted spoiler and they were warned in the Warning on the front page.

True_Assassin92
10-29-2012, 06:35 PM
yes, no big stores have sold the game and for the players who have been banned: if you know gameswap, there were conversations there about AC3 and the owner who knows someone that got banned for having played AC3 early. I dunno if he obtained it legally tho, I bet he didn't. :p

I thought game mania would release it today too, but perhaps they might tomorrow as they always release it a day early. I'm from ghent too btw. :)

^No, actual bans from PSN, but I guess because of the illegal stuff.

corbinmahieu
10-29-2012, 06:39 PM
haha nice! yeah gameswap! ... I'm not hoping Tom will be fined! ( good guy ! )
I called Game mania today... they keep saying wednesday! .... So come on.... one day day is nothing ! ( EENTJE IS GEENTJE ! ) and tomorrow would really fit in my school work

Mr_Shade
10-29-2012, 06:43 PM
^No, actual bans from PSN, but I guess because of the illegal stuff.
No one has been banned fro buying the game early.. if you buy the game on disc from a store - Ubisoft / Sony / MS have no intention of banning people, for AC3.

It did however leak to torrents - and the people using the downloaded illegal version deserve what they get ;)

But that's different than BUYING the game early ;)

SevereAtrophy
10-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Stupid torrent users, ruining our industry.

True_Assassin92
10-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Off topic: Shade do you happen to know if the season pass will be sold separately? or only on the PS network? My question in the season pass thread never got answered :p

Black_Widow9
10-30-2012, 03:03 AM
Off topic: Shade do you happen to know if the season pass will be sold separately? or only on the PS network? My question in the season pass thread never got answered :p
They will be sold separately they just are not available yet. ;)

Free_Hidings
10-30-2012, 05:12 AM
It's very slack and I hope the stores that broke the release date are severely punished. I wouldn't want the players punished because lesbionest, I would've grabbed it early if I could have too ;)

But this is one reason why I think a post release patch is a great idea. It means if people break the rules to play the game before everyone else, they won't get the full game anyway.